Melissa's Magical Journal (comments welcome)

melissakrichards

Earning My Ears
Well I've lurked & creeped around here long enough! My name is Melissa, I'm 32, married & have 3 kids. We live about 20 min from WDW & I'm an RN and work as a director at a local hospital. I was hospitalized about 2 months ago with cellulitis and while I was there the Dr discovered I am close to being a diabetic. She feels that if I loose about 25lbs I can reverse it. My goal is to loose 46.9lbs! Before going into the hospital I would drink 4-5 cans/bottles of Mt Dew a day, I'm proud to say that I haven't had a drop of soda since the day I was admitted!

Since studies show almost 100% of people trying to loose weight do better if they keep a journal I've decided to start one!

I've also did a SWOT analysis of my weight loss goal:

STRENGTHS:
~ I've already stopped drinking soda, something I was addicted to for 20 years
~ I have very supportive family & friends
~ I am determined not to be a diabetic, as a nurse I know that this is almost always the kiss of death

WEAKNESSES:
~ I'm not a good healthy cook
~ I love bread & cheese!
~ I hate exercising! It's way to hot most of the year to exercise outside & I don't have time to go to the gym.

OPPORTUNITIES:
~ Packing lunches & snacks, I love our cafeteria food but it's not really healthy
~ Planning healthy dinners
~ Exercise! I will commit to doing the elliptical

THREATS:
~ Stress from work
~ Kids busy schedules, for the next 3 months we will be in GO GO GO mode
~ Eating out, we eat out a lot on weekends

So last week was a horrible week to start anything. If I could make it through last week I can make it through anything.

Lost 3lbs, pure stress diet but it worked! So 43.9 to loose!

Monday 3/9

Breakfast: 100 calorie Greek yogurt

Snack: celery & peanut butter

Lunch: Blackened grilled chicken w/ blue cheese on a wheat bun w/ tomatoes & cucumbers

Dinner: garlic chicken, pasta & tons of steamed veggies....& 2 rolls.

Pretty good except for the rolls. Really need to get in some exercise. Older daughter had a flag football game this evening & has one tomorrow, younger two have flag football practice tomorrow so no exercise tomorrow either :(

Tuesday 3/10:

Breakfast: 1 biscuit & gravy, 2 strips of bacon

Lunch: Ugh! A marketer brought in lunch! I had a blackened burger with blue cheese crumbles & a salad w/ ranch.

Dinner: 2 chili dogs with onions & cheese

The good news is that I drank a ton of water & took the dog on 3 10min walks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter