• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Member Benefits

AceOfLights

Earning My Ears
I just have a couple of quick questions regarding being added to a DVC deed.

My parents bought DVC at Boardwalk in 2000 and just added my wife and I to the deed. The first question I have is if my wife and I now have access to the same member benefits that my parents have, such as the annual pass discount?

The second question is if I were to purchase 150 direct points at the Poly tower when they go on sale are there any additional steps I would need to take in order use the Boardwalk points and the Poly points at the 7 month mark?

Thank you!

Your first question is probably yes - I've not had any direct experience, but if you're on the deed and are a DVC-Y owner, you're entitled to the benefits and discounts.

Your second question is also probably yes - if you have points in the same UY, you'd have no additional steps to use all the points from both contracts at 7 months at any of the DVC Disney resorts. If you have 2 different UYs, you still can do it, but you'll have to take extra steps to transfer points to combine them for a 7-month res.

I just have a couple of quick questions regarding being added to a DVC deed.

My parents bought DVC at Boardwalk in 2000 and just added my wife and I to the deed. The first question I have is if my wife and I now have access to the same member benefits that my parents have, such as the annual pass discount?

The second question is if I were to purchase 150 direct points at the Poly tower when they go on sale are there any additional steps I would need to take in order use the Boardwalk points and the Poly points at the 7 month mark?

Thank you!
It sounds like your current contract has 4 people on it and that the Poly2 might just be you and your wife. If so, then I believe you would have a different membership ID and would need to transfer between memberships to combine at 7m

It sounds like your current contract has 4 people on it and that the Poly2 might just be you and your wife. If so, then I believe you would have a different membership ID and would need to transfer between memberships to combine at 7m
Yep this. The contract must have the same exact members and use year in order for the memberships to merge together AKA you’d need to add your parents to the Poly 2 contract or have your parents removed from the Boardwalk membership. If you wanted them to still have access you could probably have them become associate members so they still have booking privileges but the contract will effectively be yours.

Regarding the first question you will receive all of the member benefits your parents had.

Thank you for the reply! Yes, the Poly2 contract would more than likely just have mine and my wife's name. Is it difficult/annoying to transfer points between memberships at 7m?

Thank you for the reply! Yes, the Poly2 contract would more than likely just have mine and my wife's name. Is it difficult/annoying to transfer points between memberships at 7m?

You have to call to do it. Once transferred, they will be put in a temporary contract which you will only see when you go to book.

You have to be sure to keep track and understand that you can’t borrow points once transferred.

They have recently changed the rules and let owners transfer points more than once per UY between memberships they own, and have allowed banked points to be transferred between your own memberships.

But, those rules could change. If it is the same UY, it will make it a bit easier since even when transferred, the UY and rules for that UY stay the same.

You have to call to do it. Once transferred, they will be put in a temporary contract which you will only see when you go to book.

You have to be sure to keep track and understand that you can’t borrow points once transferred.

They have recently changed the rules and let owners transfer points more than once per UY between memberships they own, and have allowed banked points to be transferred between your own memberships.

But, those rules could change. If it is the same UY, it will make it a bit easier since even when transferred, the UY and rules for that UY stay the same.
👆🏻

Thank you for that explanation! One more quick question. When we go to buy Poly2 points is there a way that we would be able to guarantee the same use year as our Boardwalk points, which are currently an October use year.

Thank you for that explanation! One more quick question. When we go to buy Poly2 points is there a way that we would be able to guarantee the same use year as our Boardwalk points, which are currently an October use year.
The good thing about buying direct is that they will match whatever UY you want them to, so that won’t be a problem at all :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter