Member Services Short-Handed?

KyleAfterAWhile

DIS Veteran
Is MS severely short-handed? Regardless of what time, which day of the week or which month I call, the hold is 20 - 30 minutes. Before this year, I seldom held longer than 5 minutes. 10 on a crazy day.

Maybe. I think the longer hold times are mostly due to the IT troubles many members are having with various reservation & planning systems.

I've had to call several times in the past couple of weeks and the wait has mostly averaged 0-5 minutes. Let's see - I guess that's 3 calls that were in the 0-5 minute range. One day it was during the hurricane cancellations and then I had to wait 20-25 minutes but what you mention is not what I've experienced.

I had a 30 minute wait time to modify a booking during the hurricane, but other than that I really haven't had to wait too long. And even that 30 minute wait I thought was reasonable when they're slammed due to a storm coupled with being closed on labor day and closing at 3pm the following day.

I'm often the first one to criticize, probably excessively, but I just have not had this experience.

Are you calling at 9am eastern time when they first open? Maybe they get an initial rush but then it settles down a bit.

I called today to modify Magical Express. The recording said my wait time would be 30 minutes. The actual hold time before speaking to a MS CM was 20 minutes. That was around 1 PM.

I called 4-5 weeks ago to add requests. The recording said the hold time would be 25 minutes. The actual hold time was about 14 minutes. That was around 7 PM.

I have had that experience, but the wait times are never as long as the recording is warning me about.

I've been pretty lucky with hold times being really short. The one exception was this week when I had to call because I couldn't add the dining plan online (tech issues, again). I figured if I was having issues. others might be too, which would cause the longer hold times.

I called today to modify Magical Express. The recording said my wait time would be 30 minutes. The actual hold time before speaking to a MS CM was 20 minutes. That was around 1 PM.

I called 4-5 weeks ago to add requests. The recording said the hold time would be 25 minutes. The actual hold time was about 14 minutes. That was around 7 PM.
Standby times are notoriously inaccurate. That’s why I always fastpass MS calls. They’re available for $50/call if you stay in a GV.

Standby is for the birds.

I had a 30 minute wait time to modify a booking during the hurricane, but other than that I really haven't had to wait too long. And even that 30 minute wait I thought was reasonable when they're slammed due to a storm coupled with being closed on labor day and closing at 3pm the following day.

I'm often the first one to criticize, probably excessively, but I just have not had this experience.

Are you calling at 9am eastern time when they first open? Maybe they get an initial rush but then it settles down a bit.
i have called anywhere from 10 AM EST - 7 PM EST and the experience is the same regardless

I find the Chat feature very helpful when making requests, changing or adding names to reservations, etc. I’m not sure whether Chat can modify DME but I would try it for that if the online DME reservation form itself wouldn’t work.

Just spent about 15 minutes on hold with them...it said 19 when I started.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts