Memory lane: That time I took the kids to a local hotel for a night...

wilbret

DIS Veteran
Was looking back at photos from a few years ago, and got tickled.

My wife rarely gets to have "girls nights," and sometimes I'll take the kids to visit family or something to give her a night or weekend off. I travel quite a bit for work, so it seems only fair.

Once, I booked a room at a hotel here in town. It's only about 7 miles away. I packed the kids for a trip, and I drove waaay north, then east, then west, then south, and made it take over an hour to get there. They had no idea we were still in town.

The hotel has an indoor heated pool, so the plan was to just swim, have pizza, watch tv, and chilax.

Our room was on the concierge level, and the vending code wasn't working, so we went to the front desk. The lady saw I was there with 3 little kids and filled up bags full of stuff for us. The picture cracked me up.
Tons of chips, m&ms,cookies, drinks, juice, water... more than the coffee table would hold.

Good for you! Sounds like fun. When our kids were young we’d drive about two or three hours south of us to the U.S. and stay in a hotel with a pool, in a poolside room, usually on Spring Break. The kids would always see friends there too, so it was a common thing to do. One year it was very exciting as there was a tornado warning. Everyone had to get out of the pool and go into the basement. Making memories.

Speaking of tornado warnings, a few years ago we were eating at Chik-fil-A when the sirens went off. The manager came and told us he was locking the doors and taking shelter and we should come back with the employees until the all clear. We ended up in the walk in fridge! Talk about a chilly night! Thankfully, it was all over in about 15 minutes and we were able to leave and warm up.

It was pretty chilly in the a Holiday Inn basement too. The kids were wet from swimming in the pool and we had to quickly grab towels for them. But we were all safe. We don’t live in an area that sees many tornadoes, so it must be very scary to have them often.

Speaking of tornado warnings, a few years ago we were eating at Chik-fil-A when the sirens went off. The manager came and told us he was locking the doors and taking shelter and we should come back with the employees until the all clear. We ended up in the walk in fridge! Talk about a chilly night! Thankfully, it was all over in about 15 minutes and we were able to leave and warm up.

That’s funny, my wife and kids spent a tornado in the cooler at a McDonalds. Daughter left a toy there, and when we got it a few days later, it smelled like French fries ....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter