Memory maker worth it for adults?

Pamela M

DIS Veteran
My 3 friends and I will be going to WDW in December.

Do you think Memory Maker will be worth the money for us?

We aren't big into Meet & greets but I heard that pictures are taken on rides and that could be fun for us.

If you think it's worth it can just 1 of us buy the memory make and it be good for all 4 of us? We'll be in 2 different rooms.

I think “worth it” is different for everyone. Personally, I think it’s a fun feature for us to have for free because I have an annual pass, but I can’t say I’d pay for it otherwise. But if you’re going with friends and it’s a special trip you’d like to remember, you might find it worth it. Especially if you split it 4 ways and share the pictures!

My 3 friends and I will be going to WDW in December.

Do you think Memory Maker will be worth the money for us?

We aren't big into Meet & greets but I heard that pictures are taken on rides and that could be fun for us.

If you think it's worth it can just 1 of us buy the memory make and it be good for all 4 of us? We'll be in 2 different rooms.

Everyone has to be linked to the account the Memory Maker is on but there are plenty of photopass opportunities that aren't just character meets. You'll get ride photos and videos, access to magic shots, and of course photographers in iconic locations. You have 45 days after the first photo is taken to get what you want. You can also add it after your trip for a bit more, but I think it is worth it, and split four ways it would be no more than $50 each.

I think it's totally worth it. It's a great way to have photos of all 4 of you without having to stop random strangers. Alternatively, the photopass photographers will take a photo with your camera as well if you ask them to. I personally think it's fun to be able to stop whenever you want and get the photos. You can take as many as you want and then just download the good ones. Also, the ride photos are nice to have - most of the time you don't even need to do anything for them to show up in your account.

Only one of you needs to purchase Memory Maker and it's cheaper to do before you leave. As long as your accounts are linked as sharing plans (as you'd do anyway I assume to get fastpasses and dining reservations) then you can download everyone's photos.

Have fun!

I also found this: If you purchase Disney PhotoPass Memory Maker online in advance of your Walt Disney World vacation it costs $169, but photos taken within 3 days of the purchase will not be included, so it's best to buy it at least 3 days before your vacation. The total cost of buying Memory Maker at the parks is $199.

I do not know how long you plan on staying, but if you do plan on staying for a few days and take plenty of ride photos it might be worth it, especially if you all split it and you all get to have the photos if you're linked on the same account. While I'm not the kind of person that likes to take photos in front of the scenes and sites myself, I elected Gold pass, mainly to have ride photos as I find them fun and also in the case that I do feel the desire to see a character I like I can snap a photo. However, I mainly got it in the case that I do bring someone that doesn't have it, or can't afford it, they get to have those photos.

Thanks - As a DL regular we usually get maxpass( make fastpasses from phone & photopass) which is only $10 per person per day. We uisua

I do not know how long you plan on staying, but if you do plan on staying for a few days and take plenty of ride photos it might be worth it, especially if you all split it and you all get to have the photos if you're linked on the same account. While I'm not the kind of person that likes to take photos in front of the scenes and sites myself, I elected Gold pass, mainly to have ride photos as I find them fun and also in the case that I do feel the desire to see a character I like I can snap a photo. However, I mainly got it in the case that I do bring someone that doesn't have it, or can't afford it, they get to have those photos.

Yeah I was thinking mostly for getting it for the ride photos. We will have 5 days of park time ( 2 travel days).

Do you know if you get dream maker it works during parties and after hour events? Are plan is to do the Christmas party.

Do you know if you get dream maker it works during parties and after hour events? Are plan is to do the Christmas party.

They have exclusive PhotoPass moments for the Christmas party, so yes.

Totally worth it! So many photo pass shots available outside of meet and greets. You will be happy to have the great shots of you and your friends together!

I wasn’t happy with the Photo Pass and ended up with less than 6 good photos. The photographers took pictures while I was talking or looking the wrong way. The lineups were crazy long. When my band was scanned to make sure the pictures would link, something went wrong. I think knowing I paid 30% more than others (the Canadian dollar is so weak right now) made the whole think a less than pleasant experience.

I may try it again sometime. I’m flexible!

I'm over the rides per say, so I did a photo safaris last trip. I collected magic shoots in each of the parks. Lines are not nearly as long for photo pass as for characters. You also have the option when you get home to personalize with the little photoshopped additions of borders and character signatures offered on the photo pass site. I did make a habit of starting the day in the camera shops to check out my photos to make sure they were on the pass. It is much easier to find a day instead of a month later.

It is as worthwhile as you make it. You can stop at every photo station and have fun posing, or you can pass right by them and not miss it at all.

I am a professional photographer and do NOT take my cameras when I am on vacation. So, it’s nice to get proper, professional quality vacation photos of myself. Normally, I just get poorly taken pics as I ask strangers to shoot me. The photographers are also stationed at the best scenic locations.

And you must also remember the ‘magic photos’ where they superimpose surprise elements into the shots.

SPECIAL NOTE: The Memory Maker is particularly worthwhile if you are taking part in a special event (like a Disney 10k run). You get all your race photos included.

Here is a question to ask yourself.

Looking back at your last few vacations - how often did you ever look at the pictures. Where are they? Has anyone else seen them?

Personally, we have hard drives full of pictures, and boxes in the back closet full...

Honest answers may change your mind.

Here is a question to ask yourself.

Looking back at your last few vacations - how often did you ever look at the pictures. Where are they? Has anyone else seen them?

Personally, we have hard drives full of pictures, and boxes in the back closet full...

Honest answers may change your mind.

I’ll say again, it’s as worthwhile as you make it. I personally have a 35 inch digital picture frame in our living room that rotates ‘artsy’ vacation photos and then a couple of Amazon Alexa Spot devices around the house that display selfies or otherwise fun memories.

Get a digital frame, load it up and hit the random button... or get a Mickey statuette and put it on the shelf. There’s no wrong answer as long as you enjoy the memories.

We are now AP holders, but always purchased Memory maker before that. We take advantage of most of the photo locations and usually download them after the fact and make a photo book of the trip from Shutterfly or snapfish.

YES! I was there for a conference a few weeks ago by myself and then my husband joined me for a few days - we used every single PP photog we passed! It was so much fun! I was so excited to be there by myself (and told the photographers that) and they totally encouraged me to ham it up. I have the cutest photos of myself now in front of the castle and in Epcot - and I am totally NOT a person who poses for photos. Worth every penny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter