Menu Exceptions

Paulines

Mouseketeer
I’d be interested to hear of any menu exclusions you’ve come across on the DDP.

Drinks, Appetizers, Main Course, or Dessert. Has anyone ordered a relatively very expensive item, only to be told no?

Most servers will ask at the beginning of the meal if you are using a dining plan, and will tell you what is included. Mostly so there isn't a surprise that something was not inculded. This was my experiece both times I have used a dining plan.
Unless you have the deluxe dining plan. appetizers are not included.

We buy a plan most trips and have never been blindsided at the time the bill arrives. Servers are very clear before you order, and will always ask if you are using a plan. THEre are add on items on the menus that are not included in any plan, and the server will point them out. If you are not sure, be sure to ask.

Thank you for the responses!

I wasn’t too worried about being blindsided, more so looking forward to a particular item (Filet Mignon Oscar) and finding out it’s excempt...boo!

Also the menus note if there is an upcharge if using the plan ( Wagu steak at YSH for example) or if not included ( side dishes).

The restaurant menu typically lists for two or as an enhancement if it’s not included

If you have the deluxe plan and order an appetizer listed as 'for two,' can you do that if there are two adults and you don't order any additional appetizers?

If you have the deluxe plan and order an appetizer listed as 'for two,' can you do that if there are two adults and you don't order any additional appetizers?

Yes. Anything listed as "for two", "enough for two", etc takes two people using their dining plan credits to order that item if on the DDP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter