Menus

KorbensMomma

Mouseketeer
Do they have menus at some TS with out prices?
I am paying for the trip and the people going with me will choose the cheapest thing on the menu even if it’s not what they want.
I was thinking if maybe they have menus without prices they would be forced to order what they want.

I have never seen that at any of the TS or QS restaurants at WDW. If you're worried about feeding them, is a DDP an option, then you could tell them everything's included and perhaps they'll be less pre-occupied with cost?

I'm the same way honestly. When people are paying for me, I feel it's rude to order the most expensive thing, plus an alcoholic drink and an appetizer. I know that if the person is offering to buy your meal, they want you to enjoy it, but it's just a guilt thing.

This is exactly why I get the dining plan when traveling with my family. I don't want to fight over the check or have people order stuff they don't really want to save a few dollars. This way they order what they want and it's "all included".

Hoping they never price out the dining plan or check to see if my claims of "free dining" are true..... :ssst:

I understand it totally, not only do they not get what they might really like but then I don't get what I want, so as not to make them uncomfortable. Sometimes, I just put it out there, "I'm having steak and lobster, and I hope you do too!" And I always place my order last, I fill in with appetizers and wine and I order desserts to share at the end. If its on the table, people will eat it!

When we took our relatives, we purchased the dining plan. The two 13 year olds would have had no problem ordering what they wanted, but their parents would have ordered soup and water and say that's "all they wanted". Telling them that they could have anything on the menu allowed everyone to enjoy the entire dining experience.

Disclosure: I'm not a fan of the dining plans, since I know they don't save my wife and I any money at all, but in this particular case, the potential small extra cost made for a much more enjoyable trip for all of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter