~~Message from WM Alex~~

Janice

Super Shopper
I made a huge number of changes to the boards last nite in order to try and help those with who are having problems accessing the boards. You will notice that a number of features are temporarily unavailable. If those that were having problems could let me know ASAP if things are better it would speed up the process of getting things back to normal!
Thanks
Alex

No Tag...No signature... no need....

I'm having big roblems loggi ng on from home Alex. In fact it's impossible to get on. It loads about 78% and then stops!

At work it's better but there are still things I can't do.

e.g give feedback or get a message to you othr than via the boards or make use of the $69 deal at the grosvenor (the link isn't working)

I'm having incredible delays in loading pages. I use ADSL and still I can go and make a cup of tea between calling a page and it actually loading.

Des

Are either of you using AOL?

If you are, minimize it and visit the boards using Internet Explorer instead.

If you are one of the few who seem to be affected, but aren't AOL, try downloading Netscape Navigator instead.

It's not ideal I know - but until Alex figures out what the problem is (at the moment it's a mystery as there doesn't seem to be a common denominator!) it's all I can suggest :(

Cheryl, the banners seem to be off at the moment (atleast I can't see them!) - when they come back, I'll try and find the $69 link for you...or I'll find someone who can :)

I wasn't sure what you meant when you said you couldn't give feedback though :confused:

Thanks Des - all the info we can get is helpful :)

As I suggest, try Netscape Navigator as a work around in the short term until it's fixed.

Cheryl - try this link to get to the Grosvenor page.

this is the first time I have been able to log on from home in weeks - I have had some success from work but it's not much better.

i don't use AOL, I have blueyonder broadband and usually use IE. We have Netscape at work but the boards don't look right in netscape.

Bev

I can't get on Dis at all through AOL and have to go through IE which is a flipping nuisance - hence, I'm not here so often.

Do hope this gets sorted out soon.

Astrid

Ok...the good news is that they are pretty sure they now know what the problem is :)

Now they just have to figure out how to get around it - fingers crossed!

This is the 1st time in a couple of weeks I've managed to access the boards. I was beginning to think that there was a problem with my computer or a virus or something. No problems tonight however - great to be back!

Have just upgraded my laptop to XP and seem to have no problems using the aol browser this morning. ( was on 98se and me before - with lots of problems )

David

I'm back on!

Thanks Alex or whoever it was who fixed the thingy whateveritwas that went wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter