• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MGM closed in Feb/March???

Tulirose

<font color=blue>"MIS-ter Garibaldi!"<br><font col
After posting this question on the Parks board, I thought afterwards that the Rumors board may be more appropriate.

Went to parent meeting last night regarding the Senior Class trip the kids will be taking to Disney World end of February and beginning of March. They will be given three-day hopper passes which can be used for all the parks EXCEPT we are told MGM. No explanation was given.

I don't think this is a school-related decision because our school has been taking the senior class to WDW for the last 5 years and they have always been allowed in MGM. It was a large forum meeting and when audience expressed surprise at no MGM admittance, the school officials just reiterated same but offered no explanation.

Anyone here know anything?

I doubt VERY seriously that it will be closed as it IS the center of the 100 years of magic celebration.

Some parks are unavailable at certain times for holders of comp and discount tix. Feb and March are spring break times here.

Thanks all for the replys and special thanks to EpcotMom because I think she hit the nail on the head. I bet that's it. I just didn't see how a three-day hopper pass would not allow passage into MGM but it must be prearranged in order to get some sort of discounted price -- Wouldn't know it, however, by the amount of money this trip is costing.

It probably has to do with keeping the cost down. However, MGM has the thrill rides that kids that age want--TOT and RR. I would go back an see if they could switch the AK for MGM. However a true hopper ticket would be good at all the parks. And most hoppers are now what they call 4 day hoppers--for the four parks. This is probably is some sort of group plan ticket they are calling a hopper. Look into it ASAP.

I really can't see a bunch of teenagers wanting to waste an entire day at AK. I would be really disappointed if I were them. I think MGM is the most age appropriate park for High School seniors.

I have a good friend who is a high school teacher and he chaperones the Seniors at his school to Orlando each year. The kids vote on 5 parks they want to do and the kids and chaperones are bussed to those specific parks on those days with strict instructions that they cannot leave that park.

Last year they voted for MK, Epcot, Universal, Islands of Adventure and Sea World. They skipped MGM (thought it would be too much like Universal) and AK. Maybe your school does something similar? I don't know exactly how the tickets worked but I'm assuming they got some sort of a group discount - so maybe they had to specify which parks they were visiting and they were given passes only good at those parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter