• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MGM yummy snacks??

beachesncream

Mouseketeer
I can think of a dozen places to snack in MK and in Epcot, however, when we usually go to MGM we go to 50s Prime Time for lunch. But this trip we are planning on going to see the lights at night and are not planning on a sit-down anywhere. So where should we snack? Any highlights? Whats to eat that doesnot require a PS?

I know what you mean. I have trouble at the other parks when it comes to deiceing what I want, but MGM just doesn't have that many places to eat that we really like without a PS. But for us, Backlot Express is a place we keep going back to for lunch. The cheeseburgers were real good and a lot of neat things to look at. We also always have to go to Pizza Planet for DS. The pizza is pretty good there. We also like to get something sweet at Starring Rolls....... :wave:

There's a large section of food stands on Sunset Blvd, selling hot dogs, fries, turkey legs :teeth: and other munchies.
Good for a quick bite!

really there are tons of places to snack or get a quick bite in the other parks but all I can think of are popcorn kiosks in MGM... I guess I can look through the menus- there has to be some soft-serve spots or something.... Maybe we could get a shake at Sci-Fi and just sit at a picnic table b/c we would never get a seat at night...

I always like to eat the egg rolls by to the left of the big hat. I think I'm the only one. No one else in my family likes them.

At MGM you can sometimes find the warm cinammon roasted almonds (yummy) and found at night. Also there are smoothies that you can get by Rock & Roll roller coaster that are a very tasty drink snack. We tried ABC Commissary this year for fast food dinner, it was just ok.

Also, that little Dinosaur snack stand by the lake: Min and Bill's Dockside DIner (I think that's what it's called!) used to have decent nachos. I just looked up the menu and I don't see them on there anymore, but they sell soft pretzels!

MGM is not our favorite park for counter service, although those eggrolls sound yummy. Are they the same eggrolls that are sold at the MK?

CheshireVal said:
Also, that little Dinosaur snack stand by the lake: Min and Bill's Dockside DIner (I think that's what it's called!) used to have decent nachos. I just looked up the menu and I don't see them on there anymore, but they sell soft pretzels!

That place is what I was going to say too! They not only sell solft pretzels, but THREE different kinds. The spicy cheese are just that-very spicy. The apple ones are a great choice for dessert. The cream cheese are great anytime.

We ordered chili cheese fries & S'mores in the lounge at 50's Prime Time. The food arrived in less than 10 minutes. The hot dogs at Toluca Turkey Legs are real good.

I like the milkshakes at the fishing boat place.. Dockside Diner? I don't remember what it's called, but I'm sure someone does

Anyway, they have good and thick milkshakes. Great on a hot day. However, it seems that it closes early on some days, so try to go around lunch time if you really want one. Have fun snacking away!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter