MIB Scoring Tips link

KimCon

Future Floridian
Does anyone have the link to the MIB scoring tips? I want to see what I forgot to do. My highest score was only 230,000. Thanks

Kim:wave: :wave: :wave:

Hi,

I don't know the link, but I've got the same problem, but a worse score. I went on it 3 times last year and each time I got in the 20,000's. My parents beat me for heaven's sakes. There's something wrong there if you're getting beat by old people.

IOAfan

old people beat you? you pore thing. what are they feeding the people in the nursing homes?

Condensed from a CoasterFEV post earlier this year (helped me immensely!):

Here are a few helpful hints on getting a high score at MIB:

1) NEVER let up on the trigger. The auto-fire will work faster than you can.
2) Going through scene 1 (the "shooting gallery" area) your goal should be no less than 25,000.
3) Remember, your gun uses an infared beam that gets bigger the farther away it is from the source. In other words, keep your sights and your aim on every target that is farther away from you - you have ALOT better chance of hitting it. Don't waste your time on the targets close up.
4) All aliens that are in the windows that open and close are worth more points (since you can't hit them when the windows are closed).
5) Even when there are no target aliens in sight, NEVER let up on the trigger. There is a "small child with absolutely no aim" program built in. This means that for every certain number of "misses," the computer will register a few thousand points. (they add up quick!)
6) If you are going for a high score as a group - if EVERYONE in the vehicle hits the "red button" at the same time (obviously needs some communication between riders) - then EVERYONE will receive the bonus.
7) Once the vehicles are scanned and you are instructed to shoot the "fusion exhaust port" on the other vehicle - FORGET THAT! Shoot the Fusion Exhaust Port on YOUR OWN VEHICLE!!!! Each hit is worth ALOT of points and the scoring doesn't differentiate whether you are shooting your own, or your opponents vehicle. (warning - will cause ALOT of spinning for you!)

Thanks for the information! Now if I could just get back down there to try all of this out!!!!!!!!!!

Kim:wave: :wave: :wave:

One more tip: when you exit the "shoot the other car's fusion exhaust port" area and enter the theater area, do not shoot the aliens. Whip around and shoot at the other car's exhaust port. If you do it right, you can nail the port 5-6 times (or even more). I usually rack up a lot of points by doing that. Follow your laser dot too to aim.

What really helped was listening to your gun. Everytime you hit an alien it makes a noise. A lot of times I wasnt sure sure if I had hit anything, but after I relized the noise I wasted less time trying to hit an alien I wasnt sure I hit or not. Also hitting that red button at the end sure does help, 100,000 bonus.

I wish I had known about these hints before I went on vacation last year (July 29-August 5, 2000, was at USF on July 31).

IOAfan

It also helps to hold the gun almost eye level. Its easier to see where you are aiming. I think playing paintball is what helped me at the most. If anyone really wants to train for this ride, lol, you can go play some lasertag. It might help you out a little bit.

I know, I was kidding. Athough you do run around and shoot moving targets with a gun similar to the ones found on MIB. If anythig it might help with your reflexes. I dont know I stopped making sense a couple posts ago.:D

Or play Duck Hunt on the original Nintendo system. Or Lethal Enforcers, Terminator shooting game (not sure what it's called), Lost World Jurassic Park shooting game (I think that's what it's called), and any other arcade game that involved shooting at targets.

IOAfan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter