Michelle & Nick Disney Dream Cruise Wedding March 28th, 2017

Chelle1987

Earning My Ears
I am very happy to announce that our Disney Cruise Wedding is officially booked. We set sail aboard the Disney Dream March 27th, 2017 from Port Canaveral, FL. We will have an on board ceremony which is currently set for March 28th, 2017. We are both so excited and I am very happy to have a place where I can let out all of the BRIDE inside me

How Nick & Michelle Found Each Other
ry%3D480

Nick and I actually met online. We talked over the phone for about a month before meeting in person. It was so nice to meet someone online who actually wanted to talk. And talking is one of Nick's best tricks. Nick can talk to anyone at the drop of a dime. Where as I can be the exact opposite and he brought out in me something I never knew was possible. I wanted to talk to him because he listened and understood me. We both had so much in common; we love animals (especially dogs) the ocean, Disney and more.

Once we finally met in person we were pretty much inseparable. Nick and I found out we shared something in common that is rare and once I found this out it explained why I felt like he understood me better then I know myself. Nick and I both lost or mothers to a brain tumor, when we were 21 years old. Although a tragic and traumatizing time in our life we are both able to use it now and it only strengthens our bound.

The Proposal
ry%3D400

Nick proposed to me on our 2-years dating anniversary in Las Vegas. He can be very sneaky and he tricked me by saying we are celebrating or 2 years of dating and he spoiled me to a spa day at the Venetian (which was amazing!). Bought me new dress and shoes because he said we were going to a fancy dinner later. Paid for hair and makeup after a perfect spa day. After I was all dolled up I met Nick at the Gondolas. Nick set-up up photographers to get pictures of everything and because he knows how attentive I can be they had the photographers do pictures for the groups before us so I thought it was part of the Gondola experience. So we get on the gondola, let me tell you I was so nervous about not falling in the 4 inch heels I decided to wear, I wasn't even thinking about a possible proposal. Our Gondola driving was Jemma, she was amazing. We must have Disney vibes with us because she began to sing "Bella Notte" from Lady and the Tramp and at the time I thought Nick planned that but he told me after he did not :) We get halfway through the ride and Nick gets down on one knee in the gondola and asked me to marry him. I immediately said yes and burst into tears. It was an amazing moment I will never forget.
ry%3D400

Why We Decided on a DCL Wedding

The venue process drove us in many different directions. First our guest list was around a 100 and we wanted an ocean/beach wedding. We live in Northern California so coastline is plentiful but the cost was quickly rising and Nick and I are paying for this on our own. We decided to cap our budget at 10,000. A beach wedding for 100 was out of the picture. So we started looking local and nothing was jumping out and screaming "pay 10k for me today!". So then we thought maybe lets just elope. But then we realized we both wanted to share our story and joy with our family and friends. We dabbled in Disney at the beginning but knew the big beautiful Cinderella Castle was way off budget and didn't care for the smaller non-park options. Then my sister Tami caught the Disney bug when she took her two girls to WDW for X-Mas. She came home and was ready to plan another Disney Vacation. We started looking at cruises and then it hit us like a ton of bricks.........Disney........Ocean..........Vacation.......Hello <3

Last edited:
Thank you Kiki La Reu and InSearchofMagic. I can't wait to share my story with everyone who wants to know. Working on getting our invitation pictures up next :)

Our Invitations

My talented sister Tami and I did our invitations DIY. I wanted to do a ticket/ boarding pass for the invite and luggage tags for the information cards. Tami was able to whip up the invites on Avery Design Pro (which is free) and I purchased pearl paper to give it that fancy touch. Probably can't see the pearl in the pictures below to well but it came out very nice. I made the boarding pass envelopes from card stock and decorated them with embossed stamps. The process took about a week, there was a lot of gluing/ taping and the embossing process, although fun, was very time consuming. It came out beautiful though so I am very happy with the results. Also found these amazing stamps on Zazzle. I'm obsessed with them. Love Disney <3
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

soooo cute!! I had no idea you would get stamps on zazzle! Were they already made and available or did you design them yourself? I have to say that's some professional quality crafting! The invitations look amazing! WOuld you be willing to show some close up pictures of all the different documents you produced? I'm in the process of brain storming what to include in mine and I'd love to see how you worded things, what you included etc. Oh -- and i love the ship style rope you used the boarding pass envelopes you made and the invites! love it!!

LOVE the invitations!! I agree, they do look very professional!! Your hard work definitely paid off :). Invitations are the first introduction to what your wedding is going to be like and your guests are going to be so excited when they receive them!

soooo cute!! I had no idea you would get stamps on zazzle! Were they already made and available or did you design them yourself? I have to say that's some professional quality crafting! The invitations look amazing! WOuld you be willing to show some close up pictures of all the different documents you produced? I'm in the process of brain storming what to include in mine and I'd love to see how you worded things, what you included etc. Oh -- and i love the ship style rope you used the boarding pass envelopes you made and the invites! love it!!

Thank you so much <3 I take no credit for the stamps other then typing in the search button ;) Zazzle is great and very easy to use. Wait until you get a coupon code for a percentage off because there is always one, sign-up for emails. The rope heart we fell in love with. I saw a few boarding pass style invites with compasses on them and that's what we had at first but my sister and stumbled on the clip art and switched it quick. It's a very easy image to google and save. I have taken some closer shots of the boarding pass invite, the luggage tag reservation card and the luggage tag RSVP card. Hope these help. We had a lot of fun making them. I found the stamp set at Michael's for 15 bucks and the embossing stuff was around 30 (with all the glue and glitter). All and all I say I spent around $100 for 35 invites. Which was a bargain.
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

LOVE the invitations!! I agree, they do look very professional!! Your hard work definitely paid off :). Invitations are the first introduction to what your wedding is going to be like and your guests are going to be so excited when they receive them!

Thank you so much:tink:

Hey Michelle! Thank you so much for sharing the photos of your invites -- that are soooo cute!! It's so exciting to have other people to talk about this planning process with! Having a cruise wedding is definitely not the norm, and it's great to be able to talk to other brides who are working through some of the same questions and planning challenges! So thanks so much for posting all about your planning!! One thing I've been wondering about is how long to give people from the time I send out the invites, to when I want to get an RSVP. I noticed that you listed an RSVP date on yours, and I was wondering when you're planning to send them out? I want to be mindful that people might need to some time to consider if they can make it, make arrangements for time off, et. but I do also think it's important for planning to have a idea of how many people might attend =) Can you share how you decided on your timeline? Thanks!! <3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter