Mickey Mouse Pan cakes

Shuvo

Earning My Ears
Hello kind people!:) Can anyone tell me where I can get the recipe for the mickey mouse pancakes that you get in the Disney Restaurants? It can't be that difficult to make, but I'm just wondering how they get the shape right. I am thinking of revealing our surprise vacation to WDW and a Disney cruise to my girlfriend, by making her a Mickey themed breakfast on the morning of our trip. I hope she likes it. Your help will be invaluable. Thanks! :D :D :) :)

I know I have a recipe in an old Disney Magazine somewhere. When I get home I'll look for it.

The first recipe sounds very good to me, easy and tasty. The second is more time consumming and may need more flour to hold its shape.

Good luck with your breakfast! :)

Mickey Mouse Pancakes
Chef Mickey's

2 C. flour
3 T. sugar
2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1 1/2 C. milk
2 large eggs
2 T. oil
1/2 t. vanilla extract

warm maple or fruit syrup for serving
fresh fruit for serving

Into a large bowl, sift the dry ingredients together. Make a well in the center.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, oil and vanilla. Pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients and stir just to blend.

Heat a lightly oiled griddle or a large skillet over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Using a 1/4 C. of batter, make a 4" circle for the head. Using 2 T. of batter for each, make two 2" circles touching the top of the head for ears. When all bubbles on top of the pancake have popped and the underside is golden brown, flip with a pancake turner. Cook until the underside is golden. Repeat with remaining batter. Makes 8 pancakes.

Mickey Mouse Pancakes 2

1 C. flour
1 T. baking powder
1/4 C. sugar
1 t. salt
2 eggs
2 C. milk
1/4 C. vegetable oil

Sift the dry ingredients together and set aside. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs until pale and frothy. Add the milk and beat for another two minutes. Resift the dry ingredients and add to the egg mixture, beating until smooth. Add the oil and mix another minute.

Heat a frying pan until drops of water tossed from your fingertips dance across the surface. Pour two T. of oil into the pan, then tip it to coat the surface evenly with oil.

To form each Mickey: Pour a medium circle of batter into the pan and two smaller circles at the top of the larger circle for the ears. Cook until the bubbles that form on the surface break and the surface looks slightly dry. Flip and cook until second side is golden.

Decoration: Use chocolate chips for eyes and 1/2 orange slice for a mouth, if desired.

Source: Disney World 20 Years of Magic, Newsweek Inc.

I always have trouble with my ears falling off LOL so I gave in and bought the mickey waffle iron off ebay for less than half price. Perfect mickeys everytime! Then I cooked waffles for everyone at work, included sausage and scrambled eggs (on company time), charged $3.50 and made enough profit to cover the cost of the food AND the cost of the waffle iron. Why go to such extremes you ask??? Because I already own 3 other waffle irons and thought this would justify the expense. ;)

However, since you have new recipes to try, I of course will have to experiment in the morning when I go home. Can't let a good thing go to waste!

Cheryl :bounce:

Someone mentioned fruit syrup for pancakes & reminded me of this recipe:

Pancake Syrup

1/2 c sugar
3 Tbl cornstarch
2 c water
Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
Add:

2 c fruit
Simmer until tender.

I've used both frozen & canned fruit for this recipe. It makes a nice alternative to the standard maple-flavored syrup we're used to. I don't think it is as sweet, either.

Hey piratesmate, that fruit syrup sounds yummy. Do you chop up the fruit first in smallish pieces? What fruits have you used? I might try this. My family loves to have pancakes or waffles once in a while for supper, but I get tired of maple syrup. Fruit would be a nice change in the winter, I think.

The blueberries I just "threw in". The sort of 'mash' on their own. Same with the raspberries.

Canned peaches, I cut into small pieces first as they're kind of firm.

Strawberries - I remember mashing them with a potato masher - just a bit. DH likes the pieces, but I made it once for just DS & I & put the berries in the blender. (He didn't like anything chunky at that point.)

I've never done apples, but have thought about it. I'd slice them VERY thin first & then chop as well - or just use chunky applesauce in the first place! Maybe a bit of cinnamon? Mmmm - maybe we'll have this tomorrow!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter