Mickey Waffles are BAD now!! 🙁

If I were going for a longer trip, I would consider bringing in my Mickey waffle maker and my Malted mix. This makes me wonder what else they may have cut the budget on in regards to food and we just don't now yet how bad other favorites could be.

I also have the waffle maker that was linked but we had a bunch of credit through our Disney Credit card so it only cost us about 30 or so dollars. I'm glad that we have it but it would be quite a heavy thing to bring along with us on a trip as I've seen mentioned in this here thread.

I got the Mickey Waffles on our short trip in July. They split in half at the seem and I was able to open them up(never had that happen before) they were not good. I thought it was just me. I also drench mine in syrup so it was fine but honestly an Eggo waffle taste better than those did.

I wondered what was up with the waffles. We got them on our last day at pop and I thought maybe it was because I had to carry them all the way to our room on the tray and they cooled off too much. It had been a long time since we had them so I thought maybe they weren’t as good in reality as I had built them up in my head. Shoot. It is literally the only thing on the whole pop menu that appealed to us and they were sketchy at best. Hopefully things are better for spring break late March

I'm so glad to know it isn't just me. We were there late July and had them and they were awful. I thought maybe it was because they had been packaged up in those lousy cardboard boxes they are using now. It was like eating cardboard! I didn't even try to get any last week when we were back because I didn't want to be disappointed again.

I tried them at a couple of locations and can confidently declare that it's not a fluke, unfortunately. I'm assuming it's a supplier issue, which would make sense, but they really could have done a little better by now. I've eaten my share of Hampton Inn waffles and those are quite good too. Now, they seem like a delicacy!

I'm going to reach out to guest services on this. There are enough mickey waffle fans out there that they should be made aware that we know there's an issue so they're motivated to try and fix it when they can. I've taken two weeklong Disney trips since reopening and this is probably my biggest letdown! :laughing: If we keep settling for what they're serving us now, we may never get our beloved mickey waffles back.
if it is a supplier issue no amount of guest complaints can solve the supplier issue. if they cant get right stuff how do you expect them to change. supplier issue cant be fixed by Disney

if it is a supplier issue no amount of guest complaints can solve the supplier issue. if they cant get right stuff how do you expect them to change. supplier issue cant be fixed by Disney

Sure it can, they can find another distributor or tell them to get the right product. How do you know they "can't"? Do you seriously think the largest theme park operation in the world has no clout??

Obviously restarting an operation of this size is a monumentally difficult task, so this probably wasn't a very high priority initially. That's understandable. But if we don't let them know it's unacceptable, they'll never know or will think we're actually fine with the chalk and thus will keep serving it to us.

Sure it can, they can find another distributor or tell them to get the right product. How do you know they "can't"? Do you seriously think the largest theme park operation in the world has no clout??

Obviously restarting an operation of this size is a monumentally difficult task, so this probably wasn't a very high priority initially. That's understandable. But if we don't let them know it's unacceptable, they'll never know or will think we're actually fine with the chalk and thus will keep serving it to us.
I work in F&B in a small park here and getting another distributor is not as easy as you think plus choices are usually almost the same, you can probably order small amount online from a company but the buying in bulk comes from different bulk suppliers. I know we did not have all our normal choices as supplier could not get them. size of park has nothing to do with it. if supplier can not get it you can not get it from them. go to you local supermarket do they have every brand and size they usually have? mine does not

On DCL the waffles are no ways as good as the resorts. Now I'll have to say no to waffles while in WDW.

There are a lot of companies that have been having problems with their supply of their product because of Covid. They either don't have enough staff to make all they need, or they cannot get the supplies they need, or shipping could also be a problem. If the company isn't considered essential, they may still be closed depending on where they are located. I know the shampoo and conditioner that I buy is currently out of stock in the size I buy. When I sent an email, the company told me they were focusing on other sizes right now and other products but hoped to have the size I want back in stock in a few months.

I honestly thought it was the syrup that changed and not the waffles, because something was off last week when we were there. I think they changed syrup since last time I was there too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter