Mickey's Nightmare

Sarangel

<font color=red><font color=navy>Rumor has it ...<
There's an article in the Industry Standard about this. Not surprisingly, it's about Jeffrey Katzenberg & Dreamworks and the release of Shrek (whose villian looks surprisingly like Michael Eisner).

The article plots the growth of Dreamworks' animation department & indicates that they may be in a position to replace Disney as the industry leader if Shrek is a blockbuster.

Sarangel

I have wondered who in the world -- and why -- they gave it the name Shrek. The word is a slightly misspelled version of a vulgar German epithet created by combining the first part of one vulgar German word with the end of another vulgar German word.

I really laughed when I saw the caricature of Eisner...I can't believe they did that. But paybecks are hell and I think "the midget" is due for a big one! lol!

Seriously though, this IS a big opportunity for Dreamworks should the marbles fall for them, but what if...What if Disney pulls a Roger, er Rabbit out of their hat and scores a victory or at this point beats them to a draw? Does the threat of an expensive failure loom large for Dreamworks as well?

I find the fueding really funny though. I guess guys with that much money can really worry about that kind of stuff...Or do we think Eisner is really worried?:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter