Mickey's Toontown

calena

<font color=red>BL II - Red Team<br> <font color=g
This was always my least favourite part/land of MK and WDW, so I am thinking we will give it a miss at DL unless we have done 'everything' else we want and have time to kill. Is there anything that really makes the Toontown stand out? Children are DD11, DS9, DS6.
Thanks Deb

Unless you have small children who need to run around and touch things, want to meet Mickey and Minnie in their houses, and don't want to ride Roger Rabbit's CarToon Spin (I like it, it's fun!), then I'm sure you can pass it up. I'd drop by and check it out- it's a fun little area, and I'd ride Cartoon Spin, but other than that, your kid's ages lead me to believe they wouldn't be into it as much. I have a 3 y.o. and a 20 month old so they love it!

Hi -

I think it is a good place to get pictures of the kid's with Mickey and Minnie at their respective houses. Also the architecture in TT is very interesting to look at -- I took tons of pictures there with DS5. Lots of "pranks" - i.e. funny water fountain - the electric company door etc.

The younger of your children would like Go Gaget's Roller Coaster and Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin (which I understand is NOT hooked up to the main parks FastPass system - so you can get FP's there and not affect getting others in the main park.)

Have a GREAT Trip!!!
Heidi

We skipped TT at MK in June for similar reasons. And TT has never been a favorite of mine at DL. But...I have heard the DL version is more creative and better than the MK version. Plus there is Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin which is worht doing at least once. It is definitely more than a kiddie ride. You can get a FastPass for RR.

You HAVE to go to Toon Town, even if it’s just for a look. TT at DL is how WDW should have done TT. I thought it was cool; all the buildings are puffed out and look SO different from WDW. It is near its a small world in Fantasyland, so just pop in real quick for a look, but remember it usually closes around 8 so they can get ready to shoot fireworks, so go early. Just another tip, if you have the extra days watch the fireworks from in front of it’s a small world, they do a light show on the front of the building, its really neat. However watch it from in front of the castle first, as its best show.

I also think you should at least walk through Toontown - it's really cute!! My kids ds10, dd5, and ds5 all had a blast going through the buildings - this was their time to run around and goof off - a nice break from standing in lines for rides. There were lines for the autographs though, which, they weren't really interested in since they got them last year at WDW.

Even though my kiddos all rode the thrill rides, they still enjoyed the two rides in this area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter