Microwaves right now??

michellej47

Mouseketeer
We are travelling to WDW for Thanksgiving week. I have a son (14) with severe food allergies and while WDW is great about accommodating those allergies, my son has a lot of fears when it comes to eating food he isn't familiar with. Plus, with reduced menus, I am concerned about what he will eat. Typically he sticks to french fries (when safe), fruit, and whatever snacks we bring in for him. Then in the evenings at the resort, we'd pop something in the microwave. When he has travelled with us in the past, we have stayed at SOG, and while there wasn't a microwave in our room, there was one in the laundry room close by.

Right now, we are booked at CSR, which I know does not have a microwave. I did read that there is one in the food court, but I am reading conflicting reports that some resort food courts and not allowing their use at this time. Plus I am concerned about how far we will be from the food court (we are booked in preferred right now). I also read that we can request one, but it is not guaranteed. Anyone know anything about microwaves, especially with Covid happening? We are flying, so we cannot bring one from home.

On another note, I found that with our Southern States discount we can get a Deluxe Studio at SSR (non-preferred) for not much more than we are paying for the preferred at CSR. I also saw that it has a microwave, but I am concerned about the quality of the un-refurbished room based on what I've read. Is the pull out sofa bed comfy or is it a typical pull out sofa bed?

Thanks to anyone who can lend some advice!

Have you considered buying one, having it shipped to the hotel,and just leave it (or give it away) when you depart? Wal-Mart has a couple between $40 and $50. They're 700 watts, so if you're not used to that wattage, I figured out that cooking for 150% of the time in the instructions works.

Edit: I checked Amazon, Target, and Wal-Mart online. Wal-Mart had the best prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter