Mid June vs. April (Easter)

pinkxray

DIS Veteran
I am starting to look into possibly traveling to Oahu/Aulani in either June or April 2022.

In June we I am celebrating my 40th bday and DD will be graduation high school. I would prefer June with DD graduating it will be hard to plan without knowing the exact date of graduation(might have snow days in CT) Also as we get close to the end of June I have a hard time getting time off from work.

The 2nd option would be April break will would either be the week before Easter or after. I like this option since I know we won’t miss graduation but not sure would be better. I am hoping to use DVC points at the 7 month mark for a 1 bedroom (any view).

some of the "when to go" decision will depend on things like...

how "hot" do you want it to be...mid 80's (easter)? low to mid 90's (late june)?

sounds like being able to celebrate 2 events is preferable (but trickier to plan)...and other than "normal" temp. there isn't too huge of a difference if easter weekend is part of your april plans.

crowds will likely be very close on easter weekend (possibly slightly more crowded), but before and after easter weekend will likely be less crowded than late june.

getting the cheaper rooms through dvc for late june would mean having to book waaaaaay in advance (might only have ocean view at the 7 month window...or possibly only 2 bdr options).

Agree with PP. Is July an option, since that would likely be after graduation? Temperatures and crowds would be about the same as June. If not, between the two, I would probably choose April.

Agree with PP. Is July an option, since that would likely be after graduation? Temperatures and crowds would be about the same as June. If not, between the two, I would probably choose April.

Unfortunately I work in a hospital in 2 depts. One of the dept consists of 5 people. 4 people have been there over 40 years so my 10 years seniority gets last choice of vacation. Once the end of June hits the other 4 pretty much use their massive amounts of vacation time all summer leaving me to work all summer.

We are also unsure of DD college plans but I do know if she continues on with the path she is considering she might have to take a summer course which I have no idea when that starts .

Eta: I have read your awesome trip report and it has been very helpful planning. I have a little notebook I’ve been jotting down places or things to see and you gave me some great ideas. Thank you for sharing!

Unfortunately I work in a hospital in 2 depts. One of the dept consists of 5 people. 4 people have been there over 40 years so my 10 years seniority gets last choice of vacation. Once the end of June hits the other 4 pretty much use their massive amounts of vacation time all summer leaving me to work all summer.

We are also unsure of DD college plans but I do know if she continues on with the path she is considering she might have to take a summer course which I have no idea when that starts .

Eta: I have read your awesome trip report and it has been very helpful planning. I have a little notebook I’ve been jotting down places or things to see and you gave me some great ideas. Thank you for sharing!
Gotcha! I think June or April would be fine either way, with little differences. But I'd still vote for April both so it doesn't coincide with graduation, and for slightly cooler/more tolerable temperatures making it more comfortable for touring. When we were there in September, temps were mostly low-mid 80s and it was perfect!

And thanks for reading my trip report! I'm so glad you found it helpful. The usual posters on this board are a wealth of knowledge about all things Hawaii, so I am sure you'll find lots of useful information here :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!