Midwest Dismeet 2018

The Thomson Causeway site still says the campground is closed until further notice, but the river at Fulton (closest reading to Thomson) is just below flood stage and is predicted to drop quickly over the next few days. Unless there is more serious rain over the next month, this should go well for the Midwest meet.

flti2_hg.png

j

We are ready to camp as well. I hope this is not Mayfly or Shad Fly season! Is there a plan for a shared meal? Let us know. We will be arriving Friday around noon or a bit before. You should be able to fill your RV with water and a 50’ hose from your campsite. Here is to warmer and drier weather. Barb & Bill.

We will be arriving late morning Friday as well. Maybe potluck on Saturday evening? We always have snackerels to munch on during the day.
We have netting to go around the Ez up so we can use that if need be

I'm going to take off work Friday. Not sure when we will be leaving as DW may have to work from home part of the day. The drive up is about 4 hours or so. I would think we should be there by mid-afternoon. I'll post next week when plans settle out.

I'm looking forward to this trip. The project at work has been a lot of very long days. I had 66 hours at work last week, plus time at home trying to catch up on emails. This week is better, but still 10-11 hour days. Overall, it is going well, but I'll be ready for a nice 3 day weekend.

j

Jealous of your upcoming trip. Wish we could be there. Hubby added a new farm duty to his belt this year, and that being now applying all our own chemical. Which means I'm out a husband even longer during summertime. Between his farm duties, I need to maximize his time by finishing the interior of our home.

I sure hope the weather stays clear for you all. I'll check back in and look forward to reading about your stay.

Have a great trip everyone!

Melissa,

You are more than welcome to drive over and see us. Bring a few of the kids that don't have farm chores. It sounds like we all have pretty big RV's (including Barb and Bill's brand new one) and could put you up for a night.

j

Thank you for the offer, Jim. Thank is extremely generous.

After Barb messaged me yesterday, I ran outside to ask hubby (again) about the trip. Hubby looked at me as if I was crazy. Don't tell anyone, but were the last around here to get the beans sprayed. He just started spraying his beans and that will take no less than 9 days. However, there is rain a coming :) So I asked (again) today. If we get rained out and he is unable to spray, we will do our best to get there.

I googled it and we're three hours away. Not bad. The camper is clean and with fresh sheets. Its ready to go! Even if he gives me the go ahead on Thursday, all I have to do is pack the clothes and make a trip to the grocery.

What is the exact campground you all are staying? I will check for availability. Are you all in a certain loop? Anyone bringing kids/grandkids?

Last edited:
Melissa, sure hope you guys can make it. It'd be a good break for you and kids and hubby.
We aren't bringing kids but we have plenty of games and things we can find for them to do, cuz we're all just older kids LOL.
Thomson causeway and we have booked in the 120 area

So I got a few small things repaired on the coach last night. Dang raccoons were in the engine compartment again and mangled a couple hoses.
Got the hoses replaced, topped off antifreeze and took it out for a quick ride today. Ran the generator and tested the AC.
Few small things left too do but temps are getting too stupid hot to work outside :crazy2: Going inside to work on fun stuff for trip

Thank you for the offer, Jim. Thank is extremely generous.

After Barb messaged me yesterday, I ran outside to ask hubby (again) about the trip. Hubby looked at me as if I was crazy. Don't tell anyone, but were the last around here to get the beans sprayed. He just started spraying his beans and that will take no less than 9 days. However, there is rain a coming :) So I asked (again) today. If we get rained out and he is unable to spray, we will do our best to get there.

I googled it and we're three hours away. Not bad. The camper is clean and with fresh sheets. Its ready to go! Even if he gives me the go ahead on Thursday, all I have to do is pack the clothes and make a trip to the grocery.

What is the exact campground you all are staying? I will check for availability. Are you all in a certain loop? Anyone bringing kids/grandkids?

Oh Melissa, that would be perfect. Ugh, doing your own spraying is cheaper, but lots more time. We also started doing ours a couple years ago. We do have two queen bunks in the garage if you do not feel like bringing yours over. Thomson Causeway. Frogs, river traffic, hidden snakes maybe, and hopefully no mayflies.

So I got a few small things repaired on the coach last night. Dang raccoons were in the engine compartment again and mangled a couple hoses.
Got the hoses replaced, topped off antifreeze and took it out for a quick ride today. Ran the generator and tested the AC.
Few small things left too do but temps are getting too stupid hot to work outside :crazy2: Going inside to work on fun stuff for trip

Yes, the hot oppressive air is here for the weekend. Good luck on your repairs.

Thank you for the offer, Jim.
Not that I want to hope for rain, but we'd love to have you join us. Ian is coming. He's 20 but acts 12, so he will fit right in with your kids. :D
He is actually great with younger kids.

HERE is a link to the campground. 123 is open right now. It is across the road from us and 125 is open. It is 1 or 2 sites down.

Donna and I are off Friday, so we will be leaving in the morning. We should be up there by noon or early afternoon.

j

Melissa, sure hope you guys can make it. It'd be a good break for you and kids and hubby.
We aren't bringing kids but we have plenty of games and things we can find for them to do, cuz we're all just older kids LOL.
Thomson causeway and we have booked in the 120 area
In an emergency you can always send them out to search for the local Headquarters of the NSS. Should keep them busy for a few hours

Weather is shaping up for a wet start, but nice (and cooler) for the weekend. It was been mid-upper 90s here with heat indexes well over 100. Saturday at Thomson Causeway is forecast for partly cloudy and 61-76. I'll take it!

j

For anyone that has been to Thomson Causeway before (Barb), is there decent cell service (Verizon). I use my phone for GPS and when you get too far off the interstates, data coverage gets iffy. I can download the maps/route before we leave if I need to.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter