Midwest Dismeet 2019

I think what happened was it showed 41 open, I went through the booking process, then had to log in. When I did I think I locked my self out of that site.
I went back in and booked 41, now I need to cancel 28. Enjoy GSP, looks like a full crew there

We have had rain every three days for the past six weeks. As soon as the ground alllllmost dries out, it rains again. Things are not good for Illinois Farmers. We are typically wrapping up planting by this time, and have yet to plant a single crop. So pretty much we are six weeks behind right now. I appreciate being included, but I doubt we make it. This is going to be a "how to we get everything done" kind of summer. Always busy in the summer, but this will be a new beast. We have never had this long of rain spells to prevent this type of delayed planting in as long as I can remember. We have plans to do Badlands & Yellowstone the last few weeks of summer. I'm now doubting our abilities to even squeeze that in at this point.

Sorry Melissa.

I thought you were getting the same rain we have. There are some fields planted down here, but not man .

Hang in there. It will dry out sometime . Just not this week. We are forecast for another 3.5 inches by Friday.

j

Keep it going, folks.

With enough planning, I'm interested in trying to make Midwest 2020 next year.

Bama Ed

I've been wondering if we could all meet in the middle...Gatlinburg, Nashville, something like that. Might be an interesting location that could be accessible to many who are actively on here!

Between Nashville and Louisville on I65, Marty, is the Mammoth Cave National Park area (Cave City, KY) a little north of Bowling Green, KY. It has several RV parks along the interstate (the NP campgrounds have no power). But the National Park has several cave tours (did one years ago, very neat). Down at Bowling Green (about 25 miles away) the Corvette Plant offers a couple tours a day (did it also). 40 miles away is Lincoln's Birthplace (also a NP) and Boyhood Home. Plus the Bourbon/Whiskey Trail tours....

Just throwing out ideas to your great suggestion. And tiggerdad has mentioned wanting to visit Mammoth Cave in the past.

Bama Ed

PS - I could see Teamubr on the Corvette tour. He'd probably receive a job offer by the end of the two hour tour. :car: If you're on the tour with him, just stick close and listen. The plant manager would probably come down from the office suite to encourage him to accept.

Last edited:
Jim,

Zero around here - zero!

We doing spring anhydrous so we have to do that and then plant!

Calling for rain tonight, Tues, Wed and up to an inch Thursday.

Sorry Melissa.

I thought you were getting the same rain we have. There are some fields planted down here, but not man .

Hang in there. It will dry out sometime . Just not this week. We are forecast for another 3.5 inches by Friday.

j

I love this idea!

I've been wondering if we could all meet in the middle...Gatlinburg, Nashville, something like that. Might be an interesting location that could be accessible to many who are actively on here!

Last edited:

Between Nashville and Louisville on I65, Marty, is the Mammoth Cave National Park area (Cave City, KY) a little north of Bowling Green, KY. It has several RV parks along the interstate (the NP campgrounds have no power). But the National Park has several cave tours (did one years ago, very neat). Down at Bowling Green (about 25 miles away) the Corvette Plant offers a couple tours a day (did it also). 40 miles away is Lincoln's Birthplace (also a NP) and Boyhood Home. Plus the Bourbon/Whiskey Trail tours....

Just throwing out ideas to your great suggestion. And tiggerdad has mentioned wanting to visit Mammoth Cave in the past.

Bama Ed

Now that sounds like an idea worth considering! Perhaps those at the Midwest meet and GS meet might kick it around the campfire in the coming weeks! Good thoughts, Ed.

I'm game for an "Eastern States DIS Meet". Bowling Green isn't far. I had been considering a trip to Mammoth Cave. And the NCM (National Corvette Museum) is pretty cool. The sanctioning body I raced with has regular events at the road course there.

j

We are recently back from Mammoth Cave. It wasn't a bad drive, 6 hrs for us.

We enjoyed that trip way more than excepted.

Great park!
I'm game for an "Eastern States DIS Meet". Bowling Green isn't far. I had been considering a trip to Mammoth Cave. And the NCM (National Corvette Museum) is pretty cool. The sanctioning body I raced with has regular events at the road course there.

j

Been camping for the last five days, and just saw this. We may consider Kentucky or Tennessee to camp. Jim and Joe, have to corral Bill around that date, and as it looks like Andy and Sara are heading out west that weekend/week. I think we most likely will not be able to go to the Midwest dis meet the end of June.

Been camping for the last five days, and just saw this. We may consider Kentucky or Tennessee to camp. Jim and Joe, have to corral Bill around that date, and as it looks like Andy and Sara are heading out west that weekend/week. I think we most likely will not be able to go to the Midwest dis meet the end of June.
Barb, let us know if anything changes. What would it take to persuade Bill :scratchin :rolleyes1

We would up for Southeasterly ish Dis Meet. Mammoth Caves sounds good

I'm now doubting our abilities to even squeeze that in at this point.
Melissa, hope the rain lets up and things get better soon. Fingers crossed that maybe you guys could drive over and visit for a couple hours. :goodvibes :wave:

@Teamubr, now that you're home from GSP 4 and unwound, are we still a go?
Absolutely!

Looking forward to seeing you and Glenda and taking in the Lincoln attractions.

Anyone else interested in joining us, here are the details.

June 28-30th
Sangcris Lake State Park (Springfield, IL)
Hickory Point Campground

j

Also, if you know, approximately how long is my site?

Last edited:
Joe,

Our friends can't take that much time off work. (They work weekends) We are camping with them over July 4th the next week.

Your site fits my 42 ft trailer and truck. It is wide open behind it too. Your's is the yellow highlighted one below. My site is across the road from you. I may have the tail of mine over the lake. :-)

j

Do you think there would be an issue if my open car trailer was off the back of the site or on the side?

Here's a pic of your site with my camper in it 2 years ago.

20160514_165331-816x459.jpg

And here's the back. Not sure about the trailer in the grass, but there is a lot, not far.

20160514_165435-884x800.jpg

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!