Military discount ? & Play 4 Pass ?

callahanjulie10

DIS Veteran
I have an aunt who is wanting to celebrate her SIL's b-day and needs to know if
#1- the Active Duty military discount is off of the regular price ticket or off the military price tickets? Also if they are going to use the Military discount on the rooms- can they rent 5 rooms under one persons name to get that discount?

#2- If they want to purchase Play 4 passes- aunt/uncle live full time in Fl but cousin and her hubby do not but own a house that they will be retiring to in Fl. Can they use their property tax forms or do they have to have a Fl DL?

The only answer I have for sure is that they can get up to three rooms on the discount, unless there is more than one active duty member present.

I'm pretty sure they will each have to have a DL but not positive. But I just wanted to let you know that I don't think the play 4 pass is available at this time.

Since the 1/2 price tickets are purchased straight from Disney and not through the military, I would assume it is 1/2 off the regular admission.

Just a word of caution-On the Play 4-each person has to be FL Resident except for children to purchase. Last July SOG sold us the play 4 with a warning that Disney possibly would check residency at gate. When we went to get actual tickets husband is only one with FL residency(DL) since he is the military person. I did not have proof of FL residency so had to go back to SOG and exchange mine and buy at their discounted rates. Husband was able to purchase for kids.

Military discount applies up to "5 family members and friends at 50% discount off of Disneys regular retail price for those tickets."

The way we figured it we still come out cheaper with military discount offered through April 30 than with Play 4 special.

Hope this helps. It was a little irritating last summer but it was still cheaper than regular price. Have a great trip.

Rhony

1978-WDW-church group trip

July 2001-SOG
April 2002-Contemp/SOG?

Thanks for the information Rhony! :)

Does anyone know the prices of passes, 4 day hopper, 5 day hopper, etc. bought at the bases?? My friend's husband is a pilot in the military and she offered to pick up hopper passes for me. I thought someone here might know- Thanks

I don't know off hand, but I'll be happy to run by ITT tomorrow and check. I'm guessing they are probably the same at all bases, but I'm not sure. I'll give you some prices tomorrow afternoon!

The Special Salute to Armed Forces Discount is only good from Jan 1-April 30, 2002. These tickets have to be purchased at "Only one of the four Walt Disney World Theme Park ticket windows" and the price for military friends and family is 50% off of WDW prices. They cannot be purchased at SOG or MWR.

Tickets from MWR/SOG would be at a set price for military. I bought 4 day park hopper last July at SOG and I think $185.00 was what I paid. I don't remember if I had to show id at ticket window to activate or not. I had to show id to purchase at SOG. Hope this helps.

:) :) Rhony:D

1978-WDW-Church Group
July 2001-SOG
April 2002-Contemp/WL/SOG?/

Where can I find info on the play 4 tickets? I have a friend who is a Florida resident who would like this deal! Thanks!

At the Guest Service desks at the entrance of each park. They will require FL DL as proof. The cost is $99 plus tax.

We were at disney last week with a navy officer. His 50% discount passes were dated 7 days from purchase. So you have to use them asap. 4-day hoppers $100.00 1-day pass $25.00 but he was only allowed to purchase a total of 5 passes, in any combination. But remember they expire in 7 days.

What about a National Guard reservist that has not been activated- does he get a free 7 day WDW pass?
I know the info on Mousesavers says active duty but this guy is saying that his papers say that all military reservists get the special whether they're activated or not.

According to the press release, it is active duty or activated Guard/Reserve only.

We were at disney last week with a navy officer. His 50% discount passes were dated 7 days from purchase. So you have to use them asap. 4-day hoppers $100.00 1-day pass $25.00 but he was only allowed to purchase a total of 5 passes, in any combination. But remember they expire in 7 days.

Hmm...ok we are planning on going in March using this discount. We only want the 5 day hoppers, but were planning to do an off day in the middle. As long as use these within 7 days are we ok? Or will we lose our 5th day? Thank you for this info, although I'm a little irritated because when I called and made our hotel ressies and asked about the tix, I was told that while dh's free pass expired in 7 days, there were no restricitions on the 50% passes.

The press release says that passes must be used within seven days of purchase, so you should be OK taking a day off in the middle.

when you bought the tickets, does the military member have to get his/her pic taken? We did at Seaworld and want to allow enough time to get all of this done. Thanks pam

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter