Military Salute tickets amidst COV-19

Looks like it's a go. I was just able to purchase from our base and many others are reporting the same. Looks like they got the ok around lunch time today.
So about an hour after Shades told me they didn't have authorization 😅
This is great news! Glad you got your tickets!

military tix.. our base said call back monday. not in system yet. anyone else able to get theirs? also while searching some other ITT's I saw the military salute had a use within 14 day time. but ours never had that listed, what are you familiar with your tix? (posted on other thread, sorry, could not delete)

military tix.. our base said call back monday. not in system yet. anyone else able to get theirs? also while searching some other ITT's I saw the military salute had a use within 14 day time. but ours never had that listed, what are you familiar with your tix? (posted on other thread, sorry, could not delete)
I was able to get ours today from Ft. Campbell. I have no idea what the 14 day use thing is.

14 day thing was for tickets before the date based thing started... didn’t think it applied to Military Salute.

We bought from Meade today with intent to get 2020 tickets for use in January 2021. We need to book our days in the park with tickets but did not want to wait to buy 2021 Salute tickets in December which would run the risk of not getting a park reservation.

Fort Meade ITT confirmed the 2020 Salute tickets would extend expiration so we bought them. We signed a form acknowledging no refunds or resales can occur with the vouchers.

We then call up Disney to link our tickets to our trip in order to reserve days in the park. Disney ticket office stated 2020 tickets bought after March 2020 WILL NOT extend expiration into 2021. This is the only warning you will get. New purchases are not extended beyond the December 2020 expiration. We are out thousands of dollars even though we researched and asked the important questions ahead of time

We bought from Meade today with intent to get 2020 tickets for use in January 2021. We need to book our days in the park with tickets but did not want to wait to buy 2021 Salute tickets in December which would run the risk of not getting a park reservation.

Fort Meade ITT confirmed the 2020 Salute tickets would extend expiration so we bought them. We signed a form acknowledging no refunds or resales can occur with the vouchers.

We then call up Disney to link our tickets to our trip in order to reserve days in the park. Disney ticket office stated 2020 tickets bought after March 2020 WILL NOT extend expiration into 2021. This is the only warning you will get. New purchases are not extended beyond the December 2020 expiration. We are out thousands of dollars even though we researched and asked the important questions ahead of time
Are you able to link your tickets at all in MDE from the website? (You don't need to talk to Disney to do this).
Phone CMs often have incorrect information when it comes to military tickets.
I was under the impression all were extended to 2021

Edited to add: We've never purchased from Ft Meade, but have from the MWR at the Pentagon and Ft Belvoir. Both offices have always had the correct information. (Last year when Univeral was in the process of extending their military tickets, the MWR had us wait a day since they said they wanted to make sure we got the extended date tickets that were being changed the next day).

Last edited:

We purchased our tickets in early June (right before they stopped selling them) and in MDE they show they are good until Sept 2021. I would check again.

I emailed today about adding 2 days to a 4 day Salute ticket. We bought the tickets in person at SOG.
View attachment 507838

Are your tickets already linked to MDE? With the limited park hours, some evening places not open yet, and A Taste of Food & Wine at Epcot we really wished we had purchased 5 day instead of 4. But our tickets are already linked to MDE and park reservations made so not sure I want to tinker with that and possibly mess things up.

Yes they will. I purchased mine last month from Camp Pendleton from the old stock of 2020 tickets. For about a week the tickets said 2020 expiration, I called
the CMs and they adjusted it for me. They said all 2020 tickets for military will get extended through September 2021, but that this may mean there won’t be an official 2021 Salute ticket option released.

was checking if i bought 5 day salute tickets and later on wanted to add a 6th day, would it be based on salute ticket price $22 more or would have to pay regular ticket amount.

family keeps changing mind of how many days we want to stay. buying tickets from my local army base

Last edited:

so you are saying that the tickets you purchased today do not extend thru sept 2021? makes no sense when our base did say (when they get them into system) will be good thru sept 2021. also have read other replies that theirs do,

Keep trying...I thought there was a poster who was able to get salute tix in the last cpl months, called Disney, they said they'd be extended and eventually they were.

So if you are in the Northern Virginia Area, the new Coast Guard Exchange in Centreville was able to sell me the Salute tickets yesterday afternoon. I went there in person and have the vouchers in hand today. The printed Voucher says expiration of Dec, but came with a flyer from Disney that they will be honored to Sept 26, 2021. I was able to link the vouchers to MDE via a cell phone (I scanned the bar codes) and then get the Park Passes.

So if you are in the Northern Virginia Area, the new Coast Guard Exchange in Centreville was able to sell me the Salute tickets yesterday afternoon. I went there in person and have the vouchers in hand today. The printed Voucher says expiration of Dec, but came with a flyer from Disney that they will be honored to Sept 26, 2021. I was able to link the vouchers to MDE via a cell phone (I scanned the bar codes) and then get the Park Passes.
Glad you got everything all set up :)
This is fantastic to know, thank you!

Having military salute tickets sent from Scott AFB on Monday! I've been using their ITT for the last three years, since they seem to get tickets sooner than my East coast base ITT does. We were seriously considering cancelling our November trip if the military tickets didn't come through; paying so much more for tickets on a year that's offering so much less didn't seem to make sense.

I'm a happy camper!

For anyone waiting I got this email from Shades of Green today:

Attachments

• 1594390915691.png
    1594390915691.png
    139.6 KB · Views: 10
I may just drive out there and pick up a voucher. See below, I did not receive the same email from SoG so I'm thinking a voucher in hand is better since I need to schedule park days!

For anyone waiting I got this email from Shades of Green today:

View attachment 508230

Interesting, because I just now emailed my ticket order and got: we aren't selling WDW tickets at this time, but you can buy universal, etc. Nothing about logging in system (and I did ask in my email if they would put me in a queue). Maybe I'll hear from them? I'm probably going to check out the Coast Guard EX or Belvoir next week.

I may just drive out there and pick up a voucher. See below, I did not receive the same email from SoG so I'm thinking a voucher in hand is better since I need to schedule park days!

Interesting, because I just now emailed my ticket order and got: we aren't selling WDW tickets at this time, but you can buy universal, etc. Nothing about logging in system (and I did ask in my email if they would put me in a queue). Maybe I'll hear from them? I'm probably going to check out the Coast Guard EX or Belvoir next week.
I need to add days to a ticket. I got that same automated reply from SoG but an hour later I got a reply from a real person saying they could help but I have to wait for my turn in the queue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!