Military Salute tickets amidst COV-19

Just saw this on Disney's Military Salute page at https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/military-multi-day-tickets-2020/

6-Day Military Promotional Tickets
Purchase now through December 18, 2020
  • With the Park Hopper Option: $301 plus tax
5-Day Military Promotional Tickets
Purchase now through now through December 18, 2020
  • With the Park Hopper Option: $283 plus tax
4-Day Military Promotional Tickets
Purchase now through now through December 18, 2020
  • With the Park Hopper Option: $265 plus tax
Receive admission for 4, 5 or 6 days when you visit during the period from January 1, 2020 through September 26, 2021.

This confirms that newly purchased ticket will be extended to September 2021!

But it creates a new question: what happens after Dec 18? Will there be no Salute tickets sold for 2021 after that?

I think we'll have to wait several months to find out. From everything that I've read it sounds like they aren't doing any ticket sales for dates after 9/31/2021. I guess they'll really increase prices for the 50th anniversary, I can't imagine they'll be any discounts.

I think we'll have to wait several months to find out. From everything that I've read it sounds like they aren't doing any ticket sales for dates after 9/31/2021. I guess they'll really increase prices for the 50th anniversary, I can't imagine they'll be any discounts.

But what about the people who may decide to go next spring or summer, but aren't ready to commit to tickets before Dec 18? I just hope this isn't the end of Salute tickets and discounts, but it could be.

But what about the people who may decide to go next spring or summer, but aren't ready to commit to tickets before Dec 18? I just hope this isn't the end of Salute tickets and discounts, but it could be.
I think we should know by Dec 18th.

But it creates a new question: what happens after Dec 18? Will there be no Salute tickets sold for 2021 after that?

So I had a similar question and my husband asked the local army base to see if they knew, the response was positive it seems

So I had a similar question and my husband asked the local army base to see if they knew, the response was positive it seems

View attachment 509962

That sounds like they are going off what has normally happened in previous years, but as we all know, there ain't nothing normal about this year.

My own personal crystal ball prediction is they will sell the 2020 tickets beyond Dec 18, they will still expire Sep 2021, and there will be no Salute tickets for the end of 2021. Hopefully, they will reinstate Salute tickets for 2022, and those will go on sale Nov 2021.

I remember when salute tickets went by fiscal year rather than calendar year, because we used 3 days in November 2010 and one day in February 2011. Maybe/hopefully they will do something like that. We were hoping to go in October 2021, right before my daughter turns 3 and needs a ticket.

If we go earlier in 2021, can we add days to an existing salute ticket? Or buy 3 more "2020" salute tickets in 2021? We currently have 3 4-day tickets that we used 2 days of in January 2020.

I just bought the Military Salute tickets for our March 2021 trip. The gentleman and I also discussed the possibility of Salute tickets for after September 2021. Both of us were leaning towards the PP suggestion that tickets won’t start up again til 2022. Who knows? We also talked about the Salute tickets being park hopper. If Disney opens up hopping in 2021 we’re good to go!

I remember when salute tickets went by fiscal year rather than calendar year, because we used 3 days in November 2010 and one day in February 2011. Maybe/hopefully they will do something like that. We were hoping to go in October 2021, right before my daughter turns 3 and needs a ticket.

If we go earlier in 2021, can we add days to an existing salute ticket? Or buy 3 more "2020" salute tickets in 2021? We currently have 3 4-day tickets that we used 2 days of in January 2020.
You can add more days to a ticket. (at least if you buy from SOG, not sure about MWR.) I've only done it with the tickets being 100% unused but I think as long as you have one unused day left you can still upgrade to a 6-day. (We're currently waiting for a callback to add 2 more days to our 4-day tickets., We sent in our receipt # on Friday. I've never done it by phone only at SOG in person).
You can also buy 3 more salute tickets as well since you won't exceed 6 for the year (or I guess potentially this offer, two years).

That's an interesting point about the fiscal year. Since current tickets expire in September?

So, I just bought our Military Salute "tickets" at Ft. Belvoir today. I entered them in our MDE account, but it says we don't have valid park admission and can't make our park reservations??? When I looked at the ticket I realize it says "Exchange Certificate" and has to be redeemed for ticket. Does this mean I can't make our park reservations?! I've never noticed this before, we've always just gotten the ticket, linked them, then set up fastpasses. I'm so upset over this....everything says non-refundable, the lady didn't say anything about not being able to set up our park reservation with them. Anyone have advice??

So, I just bought our Military Salute "tickets" at Ft. Belvoir today. I entered them in our MDE account, but it says we don't have valid park admission and can't make our park reservations??? When I looked at the ticket I realize it says "Exchange Certificate" and has to be redeemed for ticket. Does this mean I can't make our park reservations?! I've never noticed this before, we've always just gotten the ticket, linked them, then set up fastpasses. I'm so upset over this....everything says non-refundable, the lady didn't say anything about not being able to set up our park reservation with them. Anyone have advice??
When are you trying to make reservations for and when do the tickets expire? You might have to wait until the expiration is extended.

We’re going in March 2021, I bought the 2020 ones because they’re extended to Sept 2021. I’m thinking I’ll have to call tomorrow and sit on hold for a while to talk to a cast member.

We’re going in March 2021, I bought the 2020 ones because they’re extended to Sept 2021. I’m thinking I’ll have to call tomorrow and sit on hold for a while to talk to a cast member.

Does the ticket give a 9/2021 expiration date in MDE, or 12/2020? From what I am hearing, they may initially have an expiration of 12/2020, but Disney's IT system does batch extensions of these tickets at certain times. You may just have to wait a couple days until the tickets are automatically extended in the system.

Does the ticket give a 9/2021 expiration date in MDE, or 12/2020? From what I am hearing, they may initially have an expiration of 12/2020, but Disney's IT system does batch extensions of these tickets at certain times. You may just have to wait a couple days until the tickets are automatically extended in the system.
I also seem to remember hearing a day or two to update.
We had plans in 2020 and were already linked in MDE prior to the reservation system, but it took several days for everyone's tickets to be updated to the extended date (my daughter's and mine were done at two separate times over the course of a day even though they were purchased together).

Hi! So my tickets I got from base locally also show the 2020 expiration date (but had a flyer saying they'll be honored to Sept 2021 with them) I couldn't get the exchange certificates to link by typing them in, I had to use the app on my phone to scan the barcodes of each one, and then link them to a person on MyDisneyExperience app, but then I was able to make park reservations successfully. I just had to scan them instead of typing them in, is all. Good luck.

Actually, March 2021, like the end of March? The week before Easter? I have a trip planned at that same time but I didnt buy the Salute tickets for it because it was possible it would be a blocked period due to Spring Break. That was for the week of March 27th. If its the same week its possible it is actually blocked for those tickets... so you would have to call if that is the case.

edit: Disney's website clearly states no blockout dates to Sept 2021, so that's not it. I hope it gets sorted out for you!

Last edited:
Hmmm...another question not addressed: It reads that only park hoppers are available? Last Feb when DS bought tickets from the base we had the option of buying base tics,meaning no PH option. Without being able to park hop right now, is I wonder if base tics are an option.

Hmmm...another question not addressed: It reads that only park hoppers are available? Last Feb when DS bought tickets from the base we had the option of buying base tics,meaning no PH option. Without being able to park hop right now, is I wonder if base tics are an option.

Its listed on the same flyer that states they'll be honored to 2021 that for the Salute tickets, they remain hoppers and no further discount will be given, you just accept and understand that you will not be allowed to park hop until the rules are updated to say you can. You can always buy the Magic Your Way tickets which have a non hopper option, but cost more than the Salute tickets do.

Hmm...the Salute tickets have FP included. I don't recall those tickets not having that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter