Military Salute tickets amidst COV-19

@dmband are you planning to travel this year or in 2021?
Rereading, I totally misunderstood what you were saying since you already have 6 Salutes.

If for next year, that's a good question. Will Disney offer a 2021 promotion or will they extend the 2020 offer since the parks closed so early in the year where most people didn't use their tickets?
If they extend rather than renew, anyone who bought 6 tickets in 2020 probably wouldn't be eligible to buy any additional tickets (we used 4 tickets in January 2020).
Yes
we got the 6 for this yr along with 6 Stars and Stripes.
All those have been extended but with the SnS being good for 10 yrs and Salute being cheaper, I figured if we can get 4 more 2021 Salute (can’t get all six because the military member/spouse would already be using ones from 2020) we could not only save money now but also down the road as prices increase

@dmband are you planning to travel this year or in 2021?
Rereading, I totally misunderstood what you were saying since you already have 6 Salutes.

If for next year, that's a good question. Will Disney offer a 2021 promotion or will they extend the 2020 offer since the parks closed so early in the year where most people didn't use their tickets?
If they extend rather than renew, anyone who bought 6 tickets in 2020 probably wouldn't be eligible to buy any additional tickets (we used 4 tickets in January 2020).

That would be neither fair nor logical, to me. We used 5 salute tickets in January, and my daughter has the sixth one, of which she has used 2 days.

If the eligible member’s 6 tickets were USED, I see no reason why they would not be eligible to purchase 6 more in 2021.

We purchased Salute tickets from SOG and the 3 days left on DH's tickets have been extended to 9/21. The 2 days left on DS's ticket has not been extended. Others in our group recently linked Salute tickets and the dates have all been extended to 9/21. Not sure why DS's tickets were not extended.

If they are extending the tickets past December 18, 2020 do they still have blackout dates ??
Can I use mine for Christmas or New Years ??

If they are extending the tickets past December 18, 2020 do they still have blackout dates ??
Can I use mine for Christmas or New Years ??
That's a great question. I haven't read anything that says these are blacked out, but I wonder since they normally are?

I looked it up on Military Disney Tips (If you're not familiar with his site, Steve is very knowledgeable about all things Disney and military) and he has in his post:

"There is no information about Blockout Dates, but one can assume that 19 – 31 Dec 2020 could potentially be blocked from use"
https://www.militarydisneytips.com/...-dates-on-disney-armed-forces-salute-tickets/This would be a good page to check (and the comments too) as Steve typically updates his posts or readers share what they find out.

No park hopping has been confirmed. Also pretty sure water parks will be closed.

How do you think they will handle tickets that have the park hopper plus option?

No park hopping has been confirmed. Also pretty sure water parks will be closed.

How do you think they will handle tickets that have the park hopper plus option?

My best guess would be no compensation for the hopper part, because the tickets are so much cheaper than regular hoppers, and there is no price difference between base and hoppers to determine the value of the option for these tickets. But it would not surprise me if they don’t offer something like a Disney gift card for the $50 Hopper Plus difference, if the water parks are closed for an extended period of time.

But that is pure speculation on my part!

We have room only reservations for March 2021...we usually get our tickets on base and link them to our reservation in time to set up fastpasses. With this new park reservation system opening up next week that’s extending into 2021 reservations, I’m wondering if the parks will “fill” up since we don’t have tickets yet. Our base MWR office is closed still and they obviously don’t have the 2021 military salute tickets available to order. Are we able to buy the 2020 tickets since they’ve extended them to 9/2021??

We have room only reservations for March 2021...we usually get our tickets on base and link them to our reservation in time to set up fastpasses. With this new park reservation system opening up next week that’s extending into 2021 reservations, I’m wondering if the parks will “fill” up since we don’t have tickets yet. Our base MWR office is closed still and they obviously don’t have the 2021 military salute tickets available to order. Are we able to buy the 2020 tickets since they’ve extended them to 9/2021??
Last I heard was all ticket sales were suspended. SOG was still selling the first week of June, but stopped June 8 IIRC. I haven’t heard of any being available anywhere else. BTW, we usually do the same thing and buy tickets just in time for fastpass selection. Luckily we caught wind of all this and got tickets for our Oct trip from SOG before they stopped selling. Hopefully someone else has a better answer for you.

Is anyone's base actually still selling salute tickets? I know they are all supposed to be on a stop, but at least initially I know not all of them actually stopped right away.

I've seen that offering refunds have been pretty spotty from base to base too. It almost looks like each MWR/ITT office is creating its own policy on these two matters?

We are hoping to go in January for marathon weekend. I reserved SoG way back in January but was obviously waiting for the 2021 Salute tickets to be available hopefully. Curious what they will do when sales reopen and if they will allow new purchase tix for 2020 to have the extended expiration or if that will only apply to those already purchased. Nothing to do but wait right now but curious how it will all pan out. I’d obviously now buy tix sooner rather than later to make Park day reservations.

We are hoping to go in January for marathon weekend. I reserved SoG way back in January but was obviously waiting for the 2021 Salute tickets to be available hopefully. Curious what they will do when sales reopen and if they will allow new purchase tix for 2020 to have the extended expiration or if that will only apply to those already purchased. Nothing to do but wait right now but curious how it will all pan out. I’d obviously now buy tix sooner rather than later to make Park day reservations.
If I am understanding your question, you want to know if you can buy 2020 Salute tickets that will not expire till 9/21 vs buying 2021 Saulte tickets??
I highly doubt they will sell 2020 tix as a new sale that expire past the normal 12/18/20. They will sell the 2021 as new sales and the cost will be slightly more, imo
I actually don’t think they will even sell more 2020 period with maybe an exception here or there for people who already had a trip booked and need tickets

If I am understanding your question, you want to know if you can buy 2020 Salute tickets that will not expire till 9/21 vs buying 2021 Saulte tickets??
I highly doubt they will sell 2020 tix as a new sale that expire past the normal 12/18/20. They will sell the 2021 as new sales and the cost will be slightly more, imo

Agree on all counts unfortunately. But it is what it is. Hopefully they offer them again for 2021 and if it’s more I’m sure it will still be a better deal than regular price from Disney.

I didn't see this posted here so I wanted to share. According to https://www.militarydisneytips.com/...-armed-forces-salute-ticket-extension-update/

"When Salute Ticket sales do resume, the expiration date for Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets sold through December 15, 2020 will also be extended to 26 September 2021. (instead of December 18, 2020) This date will be printed on all newly sold Salute Tickets."

No word on when sales will resume though. I have a February 2021 trip booked and I am so eager to purchase tickets for it.

Does anyone think if I send in an email to purchase a salute ticket tomorrow, will it be held until ticket sales resume, or will they just say ticket sales are suspended and try again when they reopen?

Does anyone think if I send in an email to purchase a salute ticket tomorrow, will it be held until ticket sales resume, or will they just say ticket sales are suspended and try again when they reopen?

I sent a Facebook message to SoG and they told me to email the ticket office. I did, and got an auto-reply back that ticket sales are suspended. The CSR on Facebook said that they will still respond to my email though, but I haven't gotten a response yet.

So this is interesting and I was wondering if anyone else was able to do the same. I have a 6 night Disney resort stay and 4-Day PH military tickets. I made my Disney Park Pass reservations yesterday and was able to book 5 park passes. I'm keeping the extra day in case more information comes out for the military ph tickets. Maybe the tickets will turn into 5 day base passes?

So this is interesting and I was wondering if anyone else was able to do the same. I have a 6 night Disney resort stay and 4-Day PH military tickets. I made my Disney Park Pass reservations yesterday and was able to book 5 park passes. I'm keeping the extra day in case more information comes out for the military ph tickets. Maybe the tickets will turn into 5 day base passes?
Interesting!
Yesterday I was only able to book 4 days with our 4-day Military Salute tickets. I've been looking to add 2 days, so that would be great if one more was added. Going to check again now (since I initially could only book 3 yesterday). Between August and November I definitely have enough resort days.
Thank you!

EDIT: Nope, just the 4 days on ours! Keep us posted on what happens with yours. Maybe you got some Pixie Dust :)

Shades of Green told me last week they are waiting to hear when Disney allows ticket sales. Hopefully they'll resume soon!

Last edited:

My daughter has 4 days left on a military PH+. She was only able to book 4 park passes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter