Military Salute Tickets

Brittney Cornwell

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if they retain value? If I don't use them this year, can I apply the monetary value to a ticket in 2021? Also, can I add military salute tickets on to my Grand Californian reservation over the phone? We have a trip booked but I just read the WDW is not accepting new tickets sales and I had plans to buy our DIsneyland salute tickets on site when we arrived. I would rather buy them ahead of time if this allows me to make a reservation if Disneyland has the same policy

We have Military Salute 4 day tickets for 2020. We have used 2 days and planned to use the other 2 days later this year (before C19 hit). However, in the past, we have only purchased them in the year we planned to use them. On Our local ITT's website, it sounds like they can only be used in the year they are issued. There is no guarantee from year to year that Disney will even offer the Military Salute tickets for the next year. Of course, who knows because this isn't a typical year.
We added MS tickets in person at the DLH. Not sure it can be done over the phone. You most likely can still purchase them from your local ITT in advance if that suits your preference of purchasing in advance.

We have Military Salute 4 day tickets for 2020. We have used 2 days and planned to use the other 2 days later this year (before C19 hit). However, in the past, we have only purchased them in the year we planned to use them. On Our local ITT's website, it sounds like they can only be used in the year they are issued. There is no guarantee from year to year that Disney will even offer the Military Salute tickets for the next year. Of course, who knows because this isn't a typical year.
We added MS tickets in person at the DLH. Not sure it can be done over the phone. You most likely can still purchase them from your local ITT in advance if that suits your preference of purchasing in advance.
Thank you!! I am more so wondering if for whatever reason due to all these COVID changes to the parks that if purchase them and won't be able to use them before year end if they still retain the monetary value that I could apply to another ticket next year (whether it be salute or regular ticket) like other dated Disney tickets allows rather then them just being wasted. I usually purchase directly at Disneyland and was planning to do this for this trip. But Disney World is now requiring reservations and giving priority with those with tickets.

There’s a military group for Disney on FB and several members have been told by both their local ITT offices, as well as Shades of Green at WDW that their salute tickets from this year never lose their value can be used towards next year’s tickets, you just pay the difference in price.

I don’t know what happens if they don’t renew the salute for 2021 though. I’m assuming, at the very least, that you can apply the value you paid towards your salute tickets towards regular park tickets in that case.

I'm skeptical of that as they've already used part of them.
I haven't used them or even bought them yet :) I want to make sure if I buy the 4 day hoppers and don't make it to Disneyland before Dec 18 for whatever reason that I can apply the amount I paid to a ticket next year.

We are wondering this also. Bought tickets to use in March. That was cancelled. Then switched to use in June. That is cancelled. Now we don’t know if we can use them before the end of the year.

The value of them should be able to be applied to tickets you buy in the future. Just don’t lose them....

Does anyone know if we can still buy tickets from a Base? I know Disney has stopped selling tickets, but have read other offsite companies are still selling. I ask because we already have Military Rate reservations in September & November but we always wait to buy our ticket until just before the 60 day mark and of course never anticipated Covid.

Does anyone know if we can still buy tickets from a Base? I know Disney has stopped selling tickets, but have read other offsite companies are still selling. I ask because we already have Military Rate reservations in September & November but we always wait to buy our ticket until just before the 60 day mark and of course never anticipated Covid.
I dont think Disneyland has stopped officially as WDW has. However, I just bought mine online at https://www.petalumamwr.com/ticketoffice They emailed to me the next day and I linked them to Disney app. Super easy. Good luck!

The other day I was on the phone checking on pricing for a new Military Salute reservation in November. She mentioned that I would have to wait on the tickets right now because the ITT offices (for the Military Salute tickets) and other 3rd party vendors for all of the types of tickets have been told to hold off on selling them for now. Also, they normally have a military rate ticket that you can get at the front desk of the resort hotels but it isn't the same as the Military Salute passes you can get through the ITT office. Last year I ended up having to call down to Camp Pendleton to get our tickets because my local office in NY only had WDW tickets. They were super helpful though. Did the whole thing over the phone and they FedEx shipped the printouts to me overnight. I did something similar for a WDW trip this past February. I tried my local office and they said it would be 4 weeks plus for them to receive them in the mail and give them to me....so I called Shades of Green down at WDW, did it all on the phone and email and they UPS'd them to me. All together took about a week to get them and that was only because it was the beginning of the year and they had a large batch they were working through with the new years Salute program just starting.

I hope that they keep the Military Salute program going next year. I was lined up to use it for a trip to DL in August but cancelled it last month with everything going on. Could I do another trip next year without it sure, but it would cut the length of the stay considerably and at that point is it cost effective since I am already flying across country to get there. With the discount I was going to do 8-9 days, without I'd probably only get 4-5 out there. While that is still a good length my daughter and I like to break it up with pool/beach days to rest our bodies after doing 12-15 miles a day for a couple of days. It makes it more enjoyable...and less painful in the long run lol.

The other day I was on the phone checking on pricing for a new Military Salute reservation in November. She mentioned that I would have to wait on the tickets right now because the ITT offices (for the Military Salute tickets) and other 3rd party vendors for all of the types of tickets have been told to hold off on selling them for now. Also, they normally have a military rate ticket that you can get at the front desk of the resort hotels but it isn't the same as the Military Salute passes you can get through the ITT office. Last year I ended up having to call down to Camp Pendleton to get our tickets because my local office in NY only had WDW tickets. They were super helpful though. Did the whole thing over the phone and they FedEx shipped the printouts to me overnight. I did something similar for a WDW trip this past February. I tried my local office and they said it would be 4 weeks plus for them to receive them in the mail and give them to me....so I called Shades of Green down at WDW, did it all on the phone and email and they UPS'd them to me. All together took about a week to get them and that was only because it was the beginning of the year and they had a large batch they were working through with the new years Salute program just starting.

I hope that they keep the Military Salute program going next year. I was lined up to use it for a trip to DL in August but cancelled it last month with everything going on. Could I do another trip next year without it sure, but it would cut the length of the stay considerably and at that point is it cost effective since I am already flying across country to get there. With the discount I was going to do 8-9 days, without I'd probably only get 4-5 out there. While that is still a good length my daughter and I like to break it up with pool/beach days to rest our bodies after doing 12-15 miles a day for a couple of days. It makes it more enjoyable...and less painful in the long run lol.

I feel like they will keep them next year. It has been over 10 years now they are doing it. Also FYI, up until this trip we have scheduled, we have only bought the salute tickets on site at Disneyland and it is the same price you get from ITT office.

I feel like they will keep them next year. It has been over 10 years now they are doing it. Also FYI, up until this trip we have scheduled, we have only bought the salute tickets on site at Disneyland and it is the same price you get from ITT office.

Well that is really good to know about being able to get them onsite. I really appreciate you letting me know that.It would make it way easier for sure. I just wish we could add them to our room reservation that we are using the Military Salute discount on so that it is all in one shot. That would take the confusion out and simplify it since they wouldn't need to mail them, just have them waiting for us at checking.

And I agree, I think they will keep it going because it is if nothing else good PR and any money coming in, even at a big discount, is better than it not coming in.

Well that is really good to know about being able to get them onsite. I really appreciate you letting me know that.It would make it way easier for sure. I just wish we could add them to our room reservation that we are using the Military Salute discount on so that it is all in one shot. That would take the confusion out and simplify it since they wouldn't need to mail them, just have them waiting for us at checking.

And I agree, I think they will keep it going because it is if nothing else good PR and any money coming in, even at a big discount, is better than it not coming in.

Some ITT/MWR will also email the tickets to you, however, they add a little convenience fee. Looking back on my Disneyland Military Salute ticket from January, JBLM MWR charged me $200.50 for the ticket, and $10 for handling. (Buying at the ticket booth at the park would have been $204.) We had it within a few minutes. They hadn't emailed them to us in the past; this was the first time they did that, so I'm not sure why things changed, but we weren't going to complain! I usually just buy at the ticket booths at the park the night before we go to the parks. We were willing to pay a little premium just because I needed to make sure it was in my hands before park opening, and I was flying in for a day-trip. I had it printed and scanned into my app before I ever left my house :)

Some ITT/MWR will also email the tickets to you, however, they add a little convenience fee. Looking back on my Disneyland Military Salute ticket from January, JBLM MWR charged me $200.50 for the ticket, and $10 for handling. (Buying at the ticket booth at the park would have been $204.) We had it within a few minutes. They hadn't emailed them to us in the past; this was the first time they did that, so I'm not sure why things changed, but we weren't going to complain! I usually just buy at the ticket booths at the park the night before we go to the parks. We were willing to pay a little premium just because I needed to make sure it was in my hands before park opening, and I was flying in for a day-trip. I had it printed and scanned into my app before I ever left my house :)

It worked that way when I called down to Pendleton. They FedEx'd them up to me and I didn't mind the extra $10 in that case. I only went through them because I didn't know I could get them at the gate. I know now though and like GI Joe always taught me...knowing is half the battle. :)

I dont think Disneyland has stopped officially as WDW has. However, I just bought mine online at https://www.petalumamwr.com/ticketoffice They emailed to me the next day and I linked them to Disney app. Super easy. Good luck!
good to know you can purchase them online w/petaluma MWR. whenever i buy, i drive from SF to Travis AFB to purchase..like a dummy.
however, i ckd petaluma MWR site today & did not see them available for purchase (just out of curiousity)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts