Milwaukee Marathon (1 mile, 5k, 10k, HM or M) DIS Meet Race - Oct 14th and 15th 2017

Well, it wasn't the race I envisioned when I set out on my training back in July, but life happens. I'm awaiting the official results to be posted, but I do believe I may have squeaked under my previous PR time from June (Garmin says 2:34+; previous PR was around 2:35). The wind was no joke and once I got to mile 9-10, I felt like I ran into a brick wall. It was tough. But I'm so glad the rain stayed away.

Anyway, it was great seeing everyone there and finally meeting fellow DISers! Congrats on the PR @roxymama and thanks for the delicious fritter @DopeyBadger! We definitely have to meet up at a future race again someday!

Well, it wasn't the race I envisioned when I set out on my training back in July, but life happens. I'm awaiting the official results to be posted, but I do believe I may have squeaked under my previous PR time from June (Garmin says 2:34+; previous PR was around 2:35). The wind was no joke and once I got to mile 9-10, I felt like I ran into a brick wall. It was tough. But I'm so glad the rain stayed away.

Anyway, it was great seeing everyone there and finally meeting fellow DISers! Congrats on the PR @roxymama and thanks for the delicious fritter @DopeyBadger! We definitely have to meet up at a future race again someday!

I'm so sad to have missed everyone this morning! :( My husband and @mateojr came with me to the start and he was on the lookout for @DopeyBadger, thinking that if we find him, we'd find others! We stuck around after the half and @mateojr bounced up a storm in the bouncy house area, but still no luck finding anyone. (Told him Gigi wasn't going to bounce today - he says, "feel better Gigi!")

That wind was ridiculous!! Going up Wisconsin Ave was comical (in retrospect, that is!) I felt like I was still running but going nowhere, wind blowing all my hair out of my headband, it was a mess! I'm not sure of my time, but I know I slowed down around there - wind, and then calf started to get really tight. But I did love the course - much improved from last year!

Last edited:
I will keep Chicago on the radar! Although how does one get a guaranteed entry? I thought it used a lottery system but maybe I'm wrong.

So sorry to have missed you as well @pixarmom! I felt the same way on Wisconsin Avenue. It was brutal and I felt like a mess. I did love the course though! I hope @mateojr had fun in the bouncy area.

I currently have no significant races planned (just a couple 5Ks although I'm not signed up for any of them yet) and it's a weird feeling! Still trying to make Marathon Weekend work, although after today I'm not so sure I'm ready for the full. I may try to get in the half through a travel agent. I don't know how likely it is though. Other than that, Green Bay in May is on the radar, as well as Summerfest in June and maybe Lakefront. I would definitely love to do another race in Chicago. Decisions need to be made!

@DopeyBadger: Crossed at 1:58ish. I knew I was never on pace to PR, but I was way ahead of the 1:55 pacer until the Wisconsin Ave wind tunnel/tight calf. That's where I became super discouraged. I'm still a little crabby about it, but my husband reminds me I ran a marathon two weeks ago. There's always next time! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!