Milwaukee Marathon (1 mile, 5k, 10k, HM or M) DIS Meet Race - Oct 14th and 15th 2017

IMG_2325.JPG
I like this one because it's moments before DB showed me our pace on his watch. But also I feel like I see an orange girl behind us. I have no idea if it was my target or some other orange girl but maybe? Haha
Also I think I look like ran as hard as I could that day.

Just read an article that said that the marathon course was wrong for the second straight year. This year, was 0.8 mile short! That is the worst I have heard of. Bad news for anyone who wanted to use the time for Boston.

Just read an article that said that the marathon course was wrong for the second straight year. This year, was 0.8 mile short! That is the worst I have heard of. Bad news for anyone who wanted to use the time for Boston.

Yeah a Boston rep has now said they won't use the full marathon times. The course cert was correct but they physically placed the turnaround at the wrong spot for race day :(

Yeah a Boston rep has now said they won't use the full marathon times. The course cert was correct but they physically placed the turnaround at the wrong spot for race day :(

I've had that happen to me on a half--the cone was too far up the road. And that was the race where I PR'ed.....but came in slower than my previous best time on that course!! The time difference almost cost me a guaranteed entry to NYC marathon, but fortunately, the race directors owned it, provided adjusted times and NYRR accepted it. (Of course, that was the year of Sandy and my stress fracture+cycling accident so no NYC for me!)

Adjusted down times feel easier to swallow and to accept since you did run the full amount physically (plus some!) I think even if they sent out "adjusted up" times I'd still want to go out and try again on a new course because I could say I ran the full amount. Kinda lights a fire under my backside to try again in spring (this time with added confidence, but sadly less badger.)

Just saw on the news that a Milwaukee Alderman is threatening to cancel the race from happening in the future unless they get new organizers.

If I am not mistaken they had new organizers this year correct? MKE Sports ran the races which was different from the past.

Just saw on the news that a Milwaukee Alderman is threatening to cancel the race from happening in the future unless they get new organizers.

If I am not mistaken they had new organizers this year correct? MKE Sports ran the races which was different from the past.

Did they it was specifically about the course length or if there was other reasons in addition to that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!