Mini Van Rental From National

scanne

<font color=blue>OK, I must have really small ears
Has anyone rented a minivan from National at MCO? On National's site it says that the minivan holds 7 people and 3 bags. My question is, can we fit 6 adults, one baby in a car seat and 5-6 bags??? When we've rented a standard size car in the past that said the car only fit 2 suitcases, we were able to fit at least 3 bags.

Anyone with experience?? Thank you!!!!!!

I'd be interested in the answer as well. I just rented a minivan today through National. We will have 7 people: 4 adults, 3 teenagers, and probably 4 large suitcases and a couple of bags. I don't mind being crowded from the airport to resort and vice versa, but hope it's not too bad. I got a good rate using DC, $199 for a week (before taxes, etc). Anyone know about total capacity?

Sheri

You can fit 7 people in the seats, the bags that don't fit in the very back you can put between the two middle seats. You will be fine :)

National tends to rent GM cars so you may find something like a Chevy Venture or a Pontiac Montana. I have also seen Dodge Caravans as well as Chevy Astros... The Astro would be the largest 'mini' van they would probably offer. I think you should be fine for the short ride from the airport to WDW... Like DaisyDebbie said you may have to put some of the extra luggage between seats and stuff like that but you should be able to get it and all the passengers in.

Sheri, you might want to go to Mousesavers and follow the directions for National. I just did it today and got a minivan for a week in June for $205 including taxes using DC. $159.95 before taxes.

National also had a lot of Dodge Grand Caravans when were were there 2 weeks ago. You should be fine in one of those. A regular Caravan would be tight.

I doubt the luggage will be a problem, but 7 people plus a car seat is going to be a bit of a squeeze. Don't drive anywhere really far! :)

We rented a minivan from Alamo. It was 4 adults and 2 children in car seats. The accompanying 4 bags of luggage, car seats, stollers etc. Even stopped at Publix picking up a cooler and food. It was tight. With the rear seat there isn't much room in the back. We were able to put things on the floor, on the empty seat and between the seats. It was really only for a short trip from MCO to POR so it wasn't that bad. The rest of the week we fit in the minivan easily

We rented at MCO a couple of weeks ago. When we got to the parking lot, there were 8 Chevy Astros and a couple of smaller (poss Dodge Caravan)minivans to choose from.

If you get an Astro, you will be fine, the others could be a bit tight.

In December when we were there, there were about 10 vans in the minivan aisle. A couple Pontiac Montanas, one other one that I can't remember and 7 Grand Caravans, and they were all Grands.

We had 4 adults, 2 kids (no car seats) and we had 5 pieces of luggage, plus the kids 2 carryon pieces (22 inch), 1 backpack, 1 other carryon piece. We packed all of this inthe back and I still had room to see out the back when driving.

ZachnElli,
I'm going to take your advice and check mousesavers. But can I cancel/change my ressie to get the better rate? Anyone know?
I thought $199 base wasn't too bad. If I can't change it, I'll keep it; considering that up until this point all sites (National, Alamo, Dollar) were asking over $300 for the week. Thanks for the info.

Sheri

Sheri, $199 is normally considered a good minivan rate! Those specials for June are GREAT!

I wouldn't attempt to cancel or change your existing reservation. Check out Mousesavers & go through the steps for a new reservation. If it's better, book it & cancel your old one. Trying to change the one you have could be asking for trouble. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter