Minnie’s Halloween Dine - We Went Yesterday

morganms22

Mouseketeer
We went to Minnie’s Halloween Dine yesterday and I wanted to give a quick review. The food was pretty good. Much better than I had expected it to be.

The characters were cute and interacted while socially distanced. We saw Minnie, Mickey, Pluto, and Goofy.

The atmosphere was well...nothing to write home about. There were no decorations at all....there is a photo back drop when you walk in where you can take a photo, but since they are not holding/touching peoples’ phones everyone in your party won’t be in the photo.

Our meal was incredibly long...we were there for two hours. Everything came out pretty slowly.

The tables are distanced well and there is plenty of space. This part I enjoyed.

Overall, it was a nice opportunity to see the characters during this time, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to come back once more character experiences are available again. Maybe they will put up a few decorations for the holiday dine.

I am trying so hard to learn as much as possible as we just switched our trip to Disney World. As a first timer....this is one thing we really want to do except the Christmas one. Any help or suggestions on how to actually get a reservation? Or is it simply never going to be possible? I am 44 days out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

We went two weeks ago. Decided to go on Wednesday, drove Thursday and went to DHS Friday...we were not able to get a reservation. Around 4pm it had rained pretty hard and the park had cleared out considerably. As we were walking out of the park I checked the app for available dining "now." We are a party of 5...I was able to reserve for 4 and we walked up and were seated immediately so if you can't get it before, keep trying! The main course was very good but none of us really cared for the desserts. I was glad we went and we enjoyed the atmosphere/characters but it was very expensive (4 disney adults and 1 child) for what we got.

I am trying so hard to learn as much as possible as we just switched our trip to Disney World. As a first timer....this is one thing we really want to do except the Christmas one. Any help or suggestions on how to actually get a reservation? Or is it simply never going to be possible? I am 44 days out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Use the Reservation Finder on touringplans.com.

I am debating canceling our November reservation. Not excited to hear that it was very slow service. I booked more to have a food option that we didn't have to mobile order since I'm hearing that waits are long for mobile order in the parks. I feel guilty that some family would be excited to see characters and my almost adult child and I could not care less. Thanks for the review.

I am debating canceling our November reservation. Not excited to hear that it was very slow service. I booked more to have a food option that we didn't have to mobile order since I'm hearing that waits are long for mobile order in the parks. I feel guilty that some family would be excited to see characters and my almost adult child and I could not care less. Thanks for the review.

Of course! Definitely more worth it if you want to see characters while you are there (besides the cavalcades).

Use the Reservation Finder on touringplans.com.
Agree with this! I had to change mine and add someone about two weeks before we left. Touring plans is how I found a new reservation. If not, check the night before. People are always canceling so they do not get charged the cancellation fee the next day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter