Minnie Van capacity?

DisDad4Life

Mouseketeer
Hi all! We'll be going from the Grand Floridian to Epcot for a dining reservation. With the length of time it sometimes takes to take the monorail from GF to Epcot I started thinking about taking a Minnie Van instead. The problem is our party consists of 4 adults and 2 little ones that will need car seats. Would a Minnie Van accommodate all of us?

Thanks!

Yes. The capacity is 6. With two kids in car seats, you would have one adult in the front passenger seat, the two child seats installed in the second row, and the remaining three adults in the third row.

Is there any that accommodate 7? Only need 1 booster. 3 adults, 1 pre- school age and 3 smallish teens.

OP- be aware, although 6 passengers will fit, the 3 people who need to go on the back row need to be able to fit through a fairly small space to get in and out. The 2 car seats will be placed in the middle row. One adult can sit up front with the driver but the other 3 people need to be able to maneuver themselves into a space that isn't very large. There are no doors directly to the back row. They have to enter at the middle row and go through an opening in the center of the middle row. Not ideal for anyone with mobility issues or larger in size. My brother is 6' 2" and quite thin. He found it pretty uncomfortable. My 5' 2" pregnant sister in-law found it impossible.

Last edited:

If three adults are going in the back row, pray you get a Tahoe and not a Traverse. :crowded::crowded::crowded:

OP- be aware, although 6 passengers will fit, the 3 people who need to go on the back row need to be able to fit through a fairly small space to get in and out. The 2 car seats will be placed in the middle row. One adult can sit up front with the driver but the other 3 people need to be able to maneuver themselves into a space that isn't very large. There are no doors directly to the back row. They have to enter at the middle row and go through an opening in the center of the middle row. Not ideal for anyone with mobility issues or larger in size. My brother is 6' 2" and quite thin. He found it pretty uncomfortable. My 5' 2" pregnant sister in-law found it impossible.
I drive a Buick Enclave, which is the upgraded version of the Traverse. I've had three normal-sized adults in the third row for all-day and half-day trips to the Keys without issues. But PP is correct, if anyone is large or has mobility issues, that would be a problem.

In that case I would take a Disney MV for the child seats and a regular Uber/Lyft for the people who won't fit comfortably. Just be advised that you can't have two rides going at the same time on the same account, so you might have to either use two different accounts, or use Uber for the smaller vehicle.

Last edited:
Hi all! We'll be going from the Grand Floridian to Epcot for a dining reservation. With the length of time it sometimes takes to take the monorail from GF to Epcot I started thinking about taking a Minnie Van instead. The problem is our party consists of 4 adults and 2 little ones that will need car seats. Would a Minnie Van accommodate all of us?

Thanks!
Little ones will have to go in the captains seats as that is where they install the car seats. Smaller people should go in the back seat , and the largest probably in the front seat with the driver.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter