Minnie van questions

ColoradoMom12

DIS Veteran
We will be at Disney next week (arriving on Saturday!). My DD is currently using a wheelchair. We have a split stay and need to move our luggage. I know I can do a luggage transfer, but I prefer to move out luggage myself. Can the accessible Minnie vans also hold luggage? It’s just my DD and me plus one large suitcase, one carry-on piece of luggage (very small suitcase), and two backpacks.

Another question on a different topic— how do I tip the Minnie van driver? I know when I request through the app, I can see the total charge for the ride and tip accordingly (usually I tip in cash, but I like being able to see how much the ride was especially for longer distances. For shorter distances, I tend to tip at least $3-$5 even when 20% is less than that). I also know the accessible Minnie vans are charged to the room, and I would also give a cash tip, but how do I know how much the ride cost? If I’m aiming to tip 20%, do I just guess and tip whatever it seems the ride might have cost? Or is $5 an adequate amount regardless? Just curious what to do when I don’t know how much my ride cost.

Yes, the Minnie Van will definitely handle the two of you and the key luggage.

Do you know where you will be riding from/to? If you can determine the distance, i.e. Mapquest at al, Minnie Van cost is $15 base plus $2.75 per mile or part of a mile. Say your ride is ten miles: $15+$27.50, so $42.50.

Do you know where you will be riding from/to? If you can determine the distance, i.e. Mapquest at al, Minnie Van cost is $15 base plus $2.75 per mile or part of a mile. Say your ride is ten miles: $15+$27.50, so $42.50.
Thank you! That’s very helpful. I hadn‘t thought to look at the distance on a map and calculate the amount myself. I will do that. We’re moving from CSR to WL.

My father in law has stage 4 cancer and has been coming on the last couple of trips and the minnie vans have been great for him. We also rented him a scooter for the week just incase they were sold out at the parks .

My father in law has stage 4 cancer and has been coming on the last couple of trips and the minnie vans have been great for him. We also rented him a scooter for the week just incase they were sold out at the parks .
I’m sorry to hear about your father-in-law. I lost my mother to cancer a few months ago. I wish so much she had been able to make it to Disney with us, but it all happened so quickly. By the time she was diagnosed, she was too sick to travel. Enjoy the trips with your FIL! I’m sure the memories will be cherished.

Thank you! That’s very helpful. I hadn‘t thought to look at the distance on a map and calculate the amount myself. I will do that. We’re moving from CSR to WL.

FYI, Bell services will transfer your bags for you, if you want. Drop them off with them in the morning, they will be at your new hotel in the late afternoon - speak with them about timeframes and such.

SW

How long is the typical wait time to get a Minnie Van once you have ordered it?

How long is the typical wait time to get a Minnie Van once you have ordered it?
We waited about 20-30 minutes after requesting. This was for the wheelchair accessible Minnie Van. I’ve had both longer and shorter waits for regular Minnie Vans using the app. When we were using the accessible Minnie Vans, I was told I could call ahead and request one about an hour before I would want it. I tried this the day we were moving our luggage for our split stay, and it worked very well! The driver was there waiting for us when we arrived outside with our luggage.

My last trip back in May we used the accessible van A LOT! My parents didn’t want the busses with the scooters. The average wait was between 30 - 60 minutes with most vans being a good 40ish minutes. Remember if it’s a busy time like Park opening or closing you’ll wait longer. We also had one van get dispatched to the wrong park and we waited two hours.

This gets a decent estimate, but when you call for the accessible Minnie Van, they will tell you what the exact cost will be and don't forget that you can schedule them up to something like four hours in advance.

As for tipping, we were told that the price included the tip, of course if they go above and beyond, you can try to tip them extra with cash. Every time we did so, the driver declined to take the tip, but YMMV.

Having a Minnie Van option is fantastic. We have used the regular one between hotels and it was a lovely trip. We plan on using the accessible Minnie Van for Magic Kingdom. Otherwise we will drive it in the back of our van.

If you want a non accessible Minnie Van, you book through the Lyft app. If you need an accessible Minnie Van, ask for the number at the front desk, as you have to call to book.

Can you request an accessible Minnie Van at the park itself, i.e. Magic Kingdom, to get back to your resort?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!