Minnie Vans Question

When did the Minnie Vans expand to all Deluxe resorts? I'm going to a Disney After Hours and staying at GF in March, and it doesn't seem like the resort monorail or boats will be running when the even ends at midnight. I'd really like to be able to get picked up and brought immediately back to the hotel instead of riding the boat to the TTC and walking/getting an Uber/LYFT from there. They will pick you up by the buses at MK correct? I also heard that at Disney After Hours the buses might stop at 4 or 5 resorts before going to yours due to a lack of people needing to get back. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

When did the Minnie Vans expand to all Deluxe resorts? I'm going to a Disney After Hours and staying at GF in March, and it doesn't seem like the resort monorail or boats will be running when the even ends at midnight. I'd really like to be able to get picked up and brought immediately back to the hotel instead of riding the boat to the TTC and walking/getting an Uber/LYFT from there. They will pick you up by the buses at MK correct? I also heard that at Disney After Hours the buses might stop at 4 or 5 resorts before going to yours due to a lack of people needing to get back. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Recently. Yes, the Minnie Vans will pick up at the MK bus depot. Note that in terms of hours, the website says "Minnie Van service will be available between 6:30 a.m. and 12:30 a.m. (subject to change)."

I don't think Disney will leave you with no way to get back to your resort at the end of a ticketed, public event. If neither the monorail nor the watercraft are running, there should be buses available. At most, they may stop at 1 or 2 other resorts before the GF, not 4 or 5.

I'd hope to use a Minnie van from AK to AKL for dinner after park closing, but I'm staying at Pop. Am I understanding correctly that though traveling to a deluxe the van would not be an option?

I don't think Disney will leave you with no way to get back to your resort at the end of a ticketed, public event. If neither the monorail nor the watercraft are running, there should be buses available. At most, they may stop at 1 or 2 other resorts before the GF, not 4 or 5.

Just FYI, things are different at the Disney After Hours event the PP was asking about. This year neither the monorail or resort launches were running (for good reason given the very limited number of people) and they had busses in non-traditional groupings for the MK and other resorts on property. We were at Poly and shared a bus with CR, WL, FW, and GF. GF was the last stop in that rotation if I remember correctly.

@foodiddiedoo - I’ll be there with you competing for a Minnie Van during DAH as well! :-) I’m hoping there are enough around by that point in the night, although I’m prepared for anything. Have fun!

Last edited:

Just FYI, things are different at the Disney After Hours event the PP was asking about. This year neither the monorail or resort launches were running (for good reason given the very limited number of people) and they had busses in non-traditional groupings for the MK and other resorts on property. We were at Poly and shared a bus with CR, WL, FW, and GF. GF was the last stop in that rotation if I remember correctly.

@foodiddiedoo - I’ll be there with you competing for a Minnie Van during DAH as well! :-) I’m hoping there are enough around by that point in the night, although I’m prepared for anything. Have fun!
Have you actually tried the service yet? From the reviews I read online people really liked it because of the convenient drop off/pick up locations and knowledgeable driver.

Have you actually tried the service yet? From the reviews I read online people really liked it because of the convenient drop off/pick up locations and knowledgeable driver.

Used it twice two weeks ago (from Poly to HS and back). The price compared to regular Uber/Lyft is high, but I have younger kids so the car seat is a necessity.

I thought both trips were great... the drivers were both incredibly friendly and helpful, only had to wait a few minutes each time. Quick, efficient, clean, great service.

I think the only pitfall could be if popularity really catches on and supply/demand make the waits longer for one to arrive... but hopefully Disney keeps adding to the fleet over time.

For the DAH event, it'll just be me and my husband and the kiddo and grandparents will be sleeping in the hotel, so I don't need the car seat, but appreciate the pickup location. I think it'd be worth it as a 20 dollar splurge to get back to our hotel before 1 AM instead of an endless bus drop-off loop. Thank you!

They don't but as folks have posted, they will not make it an easy trip back to the resort. It may indeed have every MK resort on 1 bus so it could be WL, FW, GF, CR and Poly all together. Depends on how many guests from those resorts so you can't assume it won't be 4 or 5 stops. Not with DAH. And yes, we have done the event more than once.

They don't but as folks have posted, they will not make it an easy trip back to the resort. It may indeed have every MK resort on 1 bus so it could be WL, FW, GF, CR and Poly all together. Depends on how many guests from those resorts so you can't assume it won't be 4 or 5 stops. Not with DAH. And yes, we have done the event more than once.
That's ridiculous. I would expect to stop at CR & Poly, maybe even WL, but taking folks all the way to FtW and back is extremely bad service. Especially after they've paid a premium price for a limited attendance event.

Along with the many reports of bus waits over 30 minutes, sounds like things have gone downhill since I left Disney Bus World.

Does this service include the DVC resorts such as Saratoga and Old Key West?

Does this service include the DVC resorts such as Saratoga and Old Key West?
Not at this time. We were at SSR last week and I asked specifically about them.
We were able to use it during our stay at SSR because we had stayed at BWI in August. Once you have the service added to Lyft you can use it but a stay at either DVC resort will NOT trigger the feature.

I need to find a reason to ride the Minnie Vans just because they are so cute!
They sure are! We haven't HAD to ride in one, that's for sure. But we have ridden in them a few times.
Because they are too cute.
And really, if you ever need XL vehicles, it's not that much more to go for a Minnie Van, especially if you consider the tip is already built in to the price.

If you are at Disney After Hours, there will be transportation after the event back to your resort. When I attended DAH, I left at the very end of the night (staying at Pop) and when I exited the MK, the security guy asked me what resort I was heading to, and they directed me to a bus that was right there at the turn around spot where the police usually park, and they told the driver to take me to Pop, and I was the only person on the bus. Yes, they might take people on one bus to more than one resort, but you will get home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!