Minnie Vans

DebbiC

Earning My Ears
Can Minnie Vans transport wheelchairs or scooters? I use a Pride Victory 10 Scooter. Are the Minnie Vans able to accomodate a scooter ?

Yes, there are accessible Minnie Vans. Last I knew, guests must call rather than use the app.

Moving this to the main disABILITIES Forum so those with recent experience can coomment.

Enjoy your vacation!

Yes, there are accessible Minnie Vans, the Pride Victory 10 (which is what Gold Mobility rents as their larger ECV, so I have first hand experience with this).

This model does fit, but do be aware getting on the lift can be tricky, as it barely fits on the lift and if you go even 1/10 of an inch too far forward and touch the front plate, the lift won't work. On our first experience using the Minnie Van this happened, the CM couldn't figure out what was wrong, we couldn't figure out what was wrong because it didn't look like it was touching the front plate. She tried to crank the lift manually and that wouldn't work. I finally said let me try backing up just slightly because it was indeed touching the front plate, but barely and when I moved back, really about 1/10 of an inch everything, manual and powered began to work.

So, if you find that they can't raise the left, ask them to let you backup just a hair and it should work.

Also, in case it matters they do also offer Minnie Vans that can accommodate two ECVs and up to four additional people if one of the ECV drivers rides on their ECV.

One thing to be aware of is you do indeed have to call to get the accessible Minnie Van, which does mean that unlike the regular Vans that can be called with the LYFT app, you cannot use LYFT codes for the accessible van technically; however, another member in our party that had an ECV had a code for their first ride for free (which we weren't going on that ride), who mentioned it and they ended up honoring it, so if you do have a LYFT code, it may not hurt to mention it just in case they can unofficially do something. When we were using it we didn't have any LYFT codes, so I can't tell you if that was a CM being nice or if that is regular policy to honor the lift codes, even though it isn't through the app and officially shouldn't be honored.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!