Minnievan return to Poly from HDDR

cruisin5

DIS Veteran
Thinking of taking a Minnievan from the HDDR. Planning on taking the monorail to the Contemporary then the boat, I know it's not the fastest way but we will be stopping for drinks along the way!

Will the Minnievan pick up location be near where the internal bus stops by Pioneer Hall? Is it necessary to order a Minnievan or will they be lined up? If it's necessary to order one how will we know which one is for us?

Thinking of taking a Minnievan from the HDDR. Planning on taking the monorail to the Contemporary then the boat, I know it's not the fastest way but we will be stopping for drinks along the way!

Will the Minnievan pick up location be near where the internal bus stops by Pioneer Hall? Is it necessary to order a Minnievan or will they be lined up? If it's necessary to order one how will we know which one is for us?
Not positive, but I think the MV pickup is at the shelter near the stables, which is a short walk from the resort bus stop. You need to request a car on your phone within the Lyft app. I believe it will tell you the number of the MV, which is on the car's fender.

I took a minnie van from ft wilderness. I requested it outside a building where I think people might have been waiting for magical express, and that’s where it picked me up. It was not at the bus stop area near the stables. But I had not attended hddr so i don’t know if they pick up anywhere closer.

We were picked up from the bus stop in front of the horse stables last week.
OK, so the problem is that there are 2 stables at opposite ends of the campground, and to make matters worse, they're both called Tri-Circle "D".

The stables where the horseback riding originates is at the Outpost. The main bus stop for Ft. Wilderness is in front of them. Across the street is the check-in building.

The other, at the Settlement, is where the draft horses for carriage rides and the MK horsecars are stabled. It's next to the pavilion for Mickey's Backyard BBQ and behind HDDR & Trails' End. There's a small bus stop shelter next to it, just down the road a piece from the Settlement bus stop. That's where I think MV's pick up for the Settlement.

It sounds like MV's can pick up at both the Settlement and the Outpost.

What's the difference between the Settlement and the Outpost? Which is for HDDR? I'm probably overthinking this MV thing ....

Admittedly not helpful to your question.... but I'd come back the same way you came, and stop for drinks again. :-)

It shouldn’t be too hard to find it. We found our Minnie van in pitch dark pouring down rain. We were drenched and the lovely driver was standing out in her raincoat holding the door open for me. She was so kind when I expressed concern about getting the seat wet. She offered the heated seat and my entire backside was dry when we got to Pop. It was lovely. It was the wettest I ever was in my clothes. There was no point opening my umbrella in that rainstorm.

We were picked up at stop closest to where BBQ is held. We walked pass ticketing window as we exited HDDR and took a slight rt towards stables.

Which show are you going to? We did the last show and there were buses lined up to take you back to your resort. My understanding was this only happens after the last show each night. We were back to hotel very quickly ... especially considering it took 2 hours to get there via the boat route.

Which show are you going to? We did the last show and there were buses lined up to take you back to your resort. My understanding was this only happens after the last show each night. We were back to hotel very quickly ... especially considering it took 2 hours to get there via the boat route.

Wow, this is great to know. I never heard of resort buses coming to this area. Thinking we may not have to take a Minnie van OR boat to MK/bus to resort. Do the buses make several resort stops? Were the buses crowded?

Thanks, hopperfan!

Wow, this is great to know. I never heard of resort buses coming to this area. Thinking we may not have to take a Minnie van OR boat to MK/bus to resort. Do the buses make several resort stops? Were the buses crowded?

Thanks, hopperfan!

They were regional so I think a couple resorts each. We had maybe 15 people on our bus and I think we were POP/AOA/CBR. We got dropped first at POP.

If you are last show ask when you check in, could save you time/money after show.

The last couple of late shows I've been to in the last 18 months have had buses to the MK bus depot, not direct buses to resorts. YMMV.

Thanks, hopperfan!
When we took the buses after HDDR (several years ago), they were very crowded and each bus stopped at multiple resorts on the way home. Our bus had a very loud, very obnoxious, very drunk group on it. It was rather unpleasant, but certainly not Disney's fault.

What's the difference between the Settlement and the Outpost? Which is for HDDR? I'm probably overthinking this MV thing ....
The campground is laid out north to south, about a mile long. At the north end is the Settlement, which is the dining area (including HDDR), the marina & the docks for the boats to MK, CR, & WL, the smaller of the 2 Trading Posts, and a bus stop which is served by the internal shuttle buses and the bus to WL (there may also be buses to MK in the evening.) The Settlement is also the originating point for horse-drawn carriage rides, and has a large indoor stables which houses the horses that pull MK horsecars and carriage rides all around WDW. There's a small shelter near the stables that I think is used for carriage rides and also Minnie Vans.

At the south end is the Outpost, which has the Guest check-in building, the bus stop for buses to DS and all parks except MK, and a mostly outdoor stables area for trail rides. Golf carts are also rented here. (Trivia: the large bus shelter was originally the depot for the Fort Wilderness Railroad steam trains.)

In the center of the campground is the main recreation area which includes the larger Trading Post, the main pool, and recreation rentals including bikes and canoes.

When we took the buses after HDDR (several years ago), they were very crowded and each bus stopped at multiple resorts on the way home. Our bus had a very loud, very obnoxious, very drunk group on it. It was rather unpleasant, but certainly not Disney's fault.

Yeah I've been on an Epcot bus at closing when the drunks were on board. Not fun.
One drunk chick went digging around in her shirt and took her bra off and was waving it around! Very amusing to the other drunks but pretty weird for us sober folk.

Just proves with Disney transportation; every resort, every route, every hour ..... is a different adventure .... hard to make any real choices based on transportation.

We're in a hurry to get to Trader Joe's!
Trader Joe's is a specialty grocery store chain, the nearest one being on Sand Lake Road maybe 10 mi. north of WDW via Apopka-Vineland Road. (I just came from there.)

Did you mean Trader Sam's?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter