Mira Costa booking experience

Curious if you still have the URL construct for specific room types? I am trying to book a room for July of this year but they have changed their English booking site and I can't get the proper URL constructed to bring me to the exact room type we are looking for during the booking window release. Any assistance would be appreciated.
I don’t think you can search by room type, just hotel, number of guests and number of rooms, then you have to scroll down the availability of all the types...

Want to say HUGE THANK YOU to the member A1betpr, who gave tips on saving the link and refreshing it for booking Miracosta, and also the info that rooms become available again after about 30 minutes.

That info was priceless. All worked!

I just did my first day booking of 3 days I needed, and I booked almost the room I wanted :) I had difficult task, I tried to book a balcony room, as I hate to book the harbor view room and then not be able to open the window to see the show! I even considered bringing a screwdriver with me and trying to open that damned window myself :)
(anybody tried to do this already? :))))

We will see if I will be able to book the same room for the other two days tomorrow and the day after tomorrow. But I still have great reservation for the first day already.

Last edited:
I actually contacted the hotel and asked them which rooms have balconies etc. As expected, the rooms with a word "balcony" or "terrace" in the room name :)))

But what surprised me immensely that NONE of the most expensive suites had balconies!

And the windows are the same there - not opening all the way.

Though they told me if I book the most expensive suite (which runs about 5000 bucks per a day) - the cast member would come and open the windows for me. No wonder. I can only imagine if I would be the person who would shell out 5000 bucks per a night and then realize that I can't even open the window - I would be.... hmm... upset.

Here is the response the hotel gave me. The exact words.

"Thank you for your inquiry and interest in staying at the Tokyo DisneySea Hotel MiraCosta.

We regret that our suite rooms are not equipped with balconies. If you would like to stay at the rooms with balconies, we recommend you Terrace Rooms (Speciale Room) or Balcony Rooms.

For your information, "Porto Paradiso Side Porto Paradiso Suite" offers view of the Piazza in front of the harbor and a part of the Mediterranean Harbor. Please acknowledge that the view is partly obstructed by architectural elements since this suite rooms are located at the corner.

Also, our finest suite, "Porto Paradiso Side Il Magnifico Suite" would be one of your room choices. It has a commanding view of the Mediterranean Harbor. Although the balcony is a fake, and you are unable to go outside, our cast members can open the windows to its full width so that you can enjoy the most beautiful view during the shows on the water."

I also asked them after that, as the windows actually CAN be opened, is it possible if cast member would open them in the other rooms, as we would be two adults, there would be no kids, and we would NOT fall out of the window :)

Here is the hotels response:

"Also, we are sorry that we are unable to open the windows to its full width for security concern (except "Porto Paradiso Side Il Magnifico Suite").

We appreciate your kind understanding and cooperation."

Want to say HUGE THANK YOU to the member A1betpr, who gave tips on saving the link and refreshing it for booking Miracosta, and also the info that rooms become available again after about 30 minutes.

That info was priceless. All worked!

I just did my first day booking of 3 days I needed, and I booked almost the room I wanted :) I had difficult task, I tried to book a balcony room, as I hate to book the harbor view room and then not be able to open the window to see the show! I even considered bringing a screwdriver with me and trying to open that damned window myself :)
(anybody tried to do this already? :))))

We will see if I will be able to book the same room for the other two days tomorrow and the day after tomorrow. But I still have great reservation for the first day already.
Yeah... definitely don’t do that. I certainly hope nobody else has, either. It would be a nuisance for the CMs & an utter disaster if you accidentally dropped the screwdriver onto someone’s head in the park below. If you’re that set on breaking the rules, Japan is probably not the right country for you to visit.

Yeah... definitely don’t do that. I certainly hope nobody else has, either. It would be a nuisance for the CMs & an utter disaster if you accidentally dropped the screwdriver onto someone’s head in the park below. If you’re that set on breaking the rules, Japan is probably not the right country for you to visit.

I was able to book a room with a balcony, so I would not need to break the windows :)))

Actually Japan might not be for me - that's right. I am going there for and with my daughter, who studies Japanese.

I was able to book a room with a balcony, so I would not need to break the windows :)))

Actually Japan might not be for me - that's right. I am going there for and with my daughter, who studies Japanese.
I’m sure we’re all relieved that you no longer “need” to break the windows.

Actually - I was kind of joking.

But I am kind of serious about Japan not being for me.

I seriously don't understand why it is safe to fall out of the windows if you are staying in $5000 dollars per a night suite. But it is not safe - if you are paying less...?

Actually - I was kind of joking.

But I am kind of serious about Japan not being for me.

I seriously don't understand why it is safe to fall out of the windows if you are staying in $5000 dollars per a night suite. But it is not safe - if you are paying less...?
Il Magnifico has no windows without false balconies, which have safety bars. They will open the windows fully but they will be blocked by the safety bars.

I did some research about how rooms look, what are the views etc.

I found quite a few reviews on Tripadvisor where people were staying in "normal" rooms far away from $5000 per night.

And they had only one window - with a fake balcony (AKA "safety bars"). And the window would not open more than a pinch. And people were really upset about it.

I understand (I think - as I am not a "Japanese type" person :) ) why they open the windows for people paying $5000 dollars per a night. Who is going to stay in this suite otherwise?

But I also understand that safety concern has nothing to do with it.

Though I also understand that the hotel doesn't really care if people are happy or not, as they say hotels there work at 95% capacity every single day.

I just wanted to mention as for bookings I am using Chase Reserve cards, one as a main and the other one as a back up. And both of them worked fine.

Though first time - when I was booking a package at Disneyland hotel, which is kind of pricey, - I needed to call Verified by Visa half way through the booking process. But after the phone call was finished - the transaction proceeded further, and went through fine.

Though I did contact Chase in advance to notify them that I was going to use the cards to book the hotel in Japan, and they asked me to indicate the amount I was going to spend.

Just booked second day of stay, and everything worked. I had to refresh the window for a while, as I could not "catch" the room. It would appear as available, but then it would give me an error as I was trying to book it. Maybe I was clicking it at the same time with somebody else? Who knows...

But finally I was able to "catch" the same balcony room I booked for the first day of the stay.

Rooms do appear again about half an hour after the booking is opened. "My" room didn't even show up till 30 minutes after.

I did some research about how rooms look, what are the views etc.

I found quite a few reviews on Tripadvisor where people were staying in "normal" rooms far away from $5000 per night.

And they had only one window - with a fake balcony (AKA "safety bars"). And the window would not open more than a pinch. And people were really upset about it.

I understand (I think - as I am not a "Japanese type" person :) ) why they open the windows for people paying $5000 dollars per a night. Who is going to stay in this suite otherwise?

But I also understand that safety concern has nothing to do with it.

Though I also understand that the hotel doesn't really care if people are happy or not, as they say hotels there work at 95% capacity every single day.
Well, TripAdvisor can only tell you so much. Those other rooms have one small fake balcony each. Il Magnifico has two small fake balconies and one large one, which no other room has. That is the one for which they can/will open the windows.

All this sounds kind of alien to me.

I understand that they were trying to make the building look in certain way, so they didn't make many rooms with balconies. But if they still put fake balconies - why not make them just slightly bigger, so people can actually USE them :)

Maybe Japan just has some special building regulation which restricts that. Then it would make some sense at least.

I am sure I will enjoy that trip to Japan, as we are going to visit Kyoto and mount Fuji area etc. And of course the fact we were able to include Disneyland - that is going to help A LOT :)

But Some stuff I already encountered planning this trip makes me think that - yes, Japan most likely is totally not for me.

Unfortunately I was not able to book last of our three days into the same room as first two.

No balcony or terrace rooms were available at all. "My" room showed up just for a moment, gave me an error when I tried to book it, and never showed up after that.

Some consolation though - the room I booked instead is much less expensive, and has two beds. So at least we would have separate beds with my 19 yo daughter :)

Just booked second day of stay, and everything worked. I had to refresh the window for a while, as I could not "catch" the room. It would appear as available, but then it would give me an error as I was trying to book it. Maybe I was clicking it at the same time with somebody else? Who knows...

But finally I was able to "catch" the same balcony room I booked for the first day of the stay.

Rooms do appear again about half an hour after the booking is opened. "My" room didn't even show up till 30 minutes after.

Unfortunately I was not able to book last of our three days into the same room as first two.

No balcony or terrace rooms were available at all. "My" room showed up just for a moment, gave me an error when I tried to book it, and never showed up after that.

Some consolation though - the room I booked instead is much less expensive, and has two beds. So at least we would have separate beds with my 19 yo daughter :)

How do you know which room you booked? I was not able to book a specific room, just a category.

Since you have to switch rooms, you might want to consider staying at the Disneyland Hotel too. (I think that’s the name of it) We liked that one almost more than the Miracosta and it also made the walk to Disneyland super easy. They moved our luggage between the resorts for us, so switching hotels was super easy.

How do you know which room you booked? I was not able to book a specific room, just a category.

it's category actually. I meant the same room type.

I would think if I was able to book the same room for the whole stay, we would be able to stay in the same room most likely.

So that was my second goal - after the balcony.

We will see, maybe eventually I would see a cancellation and switch rooms.

Last edited:
Since you have to switch rooms, you might want to consider staying at the Disneyland Hotel too. (I think that’s the name of it) We liked that one almost more than the Miracosta and it also made the walk to Disneyland super easy. They moved our luggage between the resorts for us, so switching hotels was super easy.
Thank you for the advice!

We actually are planning to stay first in Disneyland hotel for couple days, I booked the room already. And we were thinking of staying for three days in Miracosta.

It sounds like too many days maybe. But for me it is going to be first and last time for Disneyland Japan. And I think I am going to be a bit overwhelmed in generally during this trip. So the Disney part of the trip would be a great fun and relaxation moment especially for me.

My daughter loves Disney too. But she also is very found of Japan. So for her the whole trip is going to be an amazing experience. Maybe for me too. But right now I am more "going with her" type of thing.

My daughter studies Japanese in the univercity, and even thinking of moving to Japan eventually.

And I don't really like the idea of her moving to Japan :) So I thought I would at least take her there and look myself too what it is like in there. And hopefully I would feel better later if she would move there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!