MiraCosta vs. Disneyland Hotel

Sandeep1

DIS Veteran
So let me start off by saying I went to Tokyo Disney in 2016. And stayed at the MiraCosta so I've got the experience under my belt. It was lovely.

Just wondering, is there really any material difference between these two hotel options? I can save myself quite a bit of money by booking the Disneyland hotel.

Also, is there any reason NOT to book through a travel site like Hotels.com? Would I miss out on any of the perks? I think it's safe but wanted to make sure.

Lastly, regarding crowds, I'm currently thinking about April 8-10. Weekdays, avoiding public holidays. But I have a concern. I looked up Japanese school holidays and it seems like the spring term ends April 5, 2019. However, when checking the recommended crowd calendar, they seem to be implying crowds will be heavy the last couple weeks of March. But not my dates. So I'm a bit confused on that unless there is something else I'm missing.

Last edited:
1 is close to Disneyland and 1 is close to DisneySea, different theming. I've never booked through a third party so I cant answer that

1 is close to Disneyland and 1 is close to DisneySea, different theming. I've never booked through a third party so I cant answer that

Well, technically MiraCosta is IN DisneySea, it's literally part of the park. The Disneyland Hotel is just outside of Disneyland

So I think my plan is this: I'm coming from Kyoto on April 7 late. Going to stay at Hilton Tokyo Bay on the 7th.

On the 8th, I will wake up early, check-out and head for the Disneyland hotel where I have a 2 night reservation. I will arrive early to check-in even though I know my room won't be ready. So I will just drop my bags off. And I'll arrive early enough to take advantage of the 15 minute early entrance park.

Will this plan work?

So I think my plan is this: I'm coming from Kyoto on April 7 late. Going to stay at Hilton Tokyo Bay on the 7th.

On the 8th, I will wake up early, check-out and head for the Disneyland hotel where I have a 2 night reservation. I will arrive early to check-in even though I know my room won't be ready. So I will just drop my bags off. And I'll arrive early enough to take advantage of the 15 minute early entrance park.

Will this plan work?
No. You can’t use Happy 15 on your check-in day.

The Porto Paradiso side harbour view from the Miracosta is unlike any other, watching the evening show with room service while it was sleeting outside is unforgettable, but at that cost, having done it once we’d stay in the Hilton Tokyo bay for longer next time.

I didn’t find the happy 15 that worth it at TDR, not much was open when we did it.

Hmm I found the happy 15 invaluable during my 2016 trip.

Like I remember TSM being absolutely crazy trying to get a FP even with the Happy 15.

Hmm I found the happy 15 invaluable during my 2016 trip.

Could you please break down how you made it invaluable? DH and I are just in the beginning of planning, and everyone I have talked to said that they really did not understand it...that they used it... without really feeling that they got the full benefit of the perk.

Thanks...

The main purpose is just to get to near the front of the line for the ride you really want to ride, or to grab a major fast pass. Because you get to use a special gate, it get to bypass all the people that arrived early and lined up to enter but aren't staying at the one of the monorail hotels.

Here's a recent thread that discusses it - https://www.disboards.com/threads/early-15.3708208/

Could you please break down how you made it invaluable? DH and I are just in the beginning of planning, and everyone I have talked to said that they really did not understand it...that they used it... without really feeling that they got the full benefit of the perk.

Thanks...

Douglas explained it well. It's especially useful if you're going during a busy time or on a weekend. Actually I would say near mandatory in those cases.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!