Miriam Makeba dies in Italy

DisneyDoc1895

Mouseketeer
A little off topic, but this seems to be the most popular group. If the Mods feel the need to move it, that's OK.

Sad news, I just read that Miriam Makeba died in Italy after she collapsed at a concert. She was 76. She of course sang (and wrote I suppose?) Pata Pata, featured in Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade at Animal Kindom.

I never saw her in concert or anything, but I liked the song and the music style. AK is one of our favorite parks and watching the parade with a drink from the Dawa Bar has become a routine for my family.

So, a little sad news today.

That lady had sooooome voice and talent. Did you hear her duet with Paul Simon? Beautiful. She will be sorely and sadly missed.

That's so sad, she truly did have an amazing voice. :sad1: My heart goes out to her family.

I kinda think this thread is on-topic due to the fact that her song Pata Pata (which I didn't know the title or the singer before this thread) is used in Animal Kingdom. If you hadn't started this thread, I wouldn't have known the connection. Thanks.

Wow.. yeah I didn't know this connection either.. Thanks for explaining that for us.

That said, these threads are best found on the ThemeParks Community Board and as such I'll be moving this one there.

Knox

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter