Missing a Resort

I miss watching the animals from our balcony at Animal Kingdom Lodge ... sitting in the lobby of the Polynesian and sipping a fruity drink ... getting lost on the lush paths at Port Orleans Riverside ... exploring the different areas of Stormalong Bay, and ending a pool day with dinner at Beaches & Cream.

It's safe to say I miss most of the resorts I've stayed at!

I miss watching the animals from our balcony at Animal Kingdom Lodge ... sitting in the lobby of the Polynesian and sipping a fruity drink ... getting lost on the lush paths at Port Orleans Riverside ... exploring the different areas of Stormalong Bay, and ending a pool day with dinner at Beaches & Cream.

It's safe to say I miss most of the resorts I've stayed at!

You can say that again!!! I even remember the wonderful trips we had at Value Resorts(not the foodcourt part)lol

The last resort we stayed at was OKW, and I will miss the lovely boat ride to and from Disney Springs. The boat ride at night is sublime! I will also miss sitting at the bus stop, looking across at the Lighthouse and the beautiful palms. They sell prints of that at the gift shop and I bought one to have here at home.

At POR I miss the fireworks over my bed in our Royal Room, the walk to POFQ for beignets for breakfast, the boat ride to Disney Springs and just walking along the river.....heaven! Truly my happy place. AT CBR I miss walking around the lake and enjoying the feeling of peace and quiet. It was such a relaxing place....not sure how true that it now in the midst of all the construction!

At the Boardwalk, just walking into the lobby at the beginning of our stay, and after long days at the parks. It was a our first stay there, and it was December so it was decorated for Christmas.

I miss enjoying a nice glass of South African wine at Jambo house, January cannot come soon enough!

I miss the landscaping and the escapism in Port Orleans. It's great to even say you're getting away from Disney for a while. That walk from Riverside to FQ, like @LAS321 said, is so serene.

Ignore the powdered sugar all over me... No... I didn't eat a beignet... I ate 2.

At Pop Century, hanging out with our BFFs around a table near the Hippie Dippie pool. Kids swam while we relaxed with drinks from Petals.

We were out there late at night, past 12:00 midnight a couple of times. Is it true that you can no longer do that? :(

All the animals at AKL and just walking around this beautiful resort. Drinks by the water at the Polynesian in the evening.

The last resort we stayed at was OKW, and I will miss the lovely boat ride to and from Disney Springs. The boat ride at night is sublime! I will also miss sitting at the bus stop, looking across at the Lighthouse and the beautiful palms. They sell prints of that at the gift shop and I bought one to have here at home.

That was our last resort as well, and I closed down the gurgling suitcase each and every night. I miss the bartender, the other patrons that were willing com-padre's and as you say the walk back home. We were in Turtle pond so it was a little jaunt, but the lights, the river over there, knowing that the golf course was right there, and saying hi and goodnight to everyone walking by was the perfect nightcap to 6 wonderful days!

-The Electric Water Pageant at Poly and WL... watching the fireworks at both as well.
-"Aloha!" from EVERYONE at Poly, and the gorgeous lobby... and the wonderful memories I had with my late father.
-Rubbing Humphrey's nose for luck at WL. Also just enjoying the lobby. Ringing the bell on the way to the bus stop.
-The wonderful Lion King theming at AoA. Waking up every morning, looking at the giraffes from the "Just Can't Wait to be King" number above my head on the wall and having the song run through my head ALL DAY. Seeing Simba from my window.

My last resort was the Beach Club and I really miss how gorgeous the room was!!! I also miss how peaceful the walk to Epcot was and the distance from World Showcase to my room was approximately seven minutes. Amazing!!

At Pop Century, hanging out with our BFFs around a table near the Hippie Dippie pool. Kids swam while we relaxed with drinks from Petals.

We were out there late at night, past 12:00 midnight a couple of times. Is it true that you can no longer do that? :(
That is correct. Pools are gated and close around 11pm during summer hours, earlier the rest of the year.

Animal Kingdom Lodge: watching the animal from our room and talking with the cast members that line the pathways.
Wilderness Lodge: the lobby.
Port Orleans Riverside: the horse drawn carriage ride and sitting poolside with a drink.
Polynesian: eating at Ohana.
At all of the resorts we have stayed at, I am an early riser and I love to get out and walk the grounds of the resort while most everyone else is still sleeping or still in there rooms getting ready for the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts