• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mission Space Press Event - Loot Auction is now underway

lentesta

DIS Veteran
As mentioned in another thread, the Mission:Space loot Disney gave us earlier this month is now up for auction here on Disboards. All proceeds go to the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Central and Western North Carolina. I'll pay for shipping.

A listing of the items can be found here: http://disboards.com/cgi-bin/auction/vsoa.pl?usernum=764&seller=lentesta

Some of the more interesting items include:

(*) Pal Mickey - a real one, worth almost $60! Can you believe they were giving these out free to the press? Can you believe how many members of the media were stuffing their pockets with them like they were chinchilla? My goodness! You'd think they've never seen plush before.

(*) Mission:Space tote bag - big and sturdy, so you can carry lunch AND the entire Unofficial Guide with you! (Okay, those of you with the 2004 edition can just use the new Touring Plan Companion pages.)

(*) Wishes wristwatch - really nice. Men's watch, black band. Has Jiminy Cricket at the 3 o'clock position. Quartz movement. Never worn.

(*) A media-event exclusive Mickey's PhilharMagic CD. Contains a Windows-based Mickey's PhilharMagic game. Dated October 8, 2003.

I've also put up a Mickey shirt, and a collection of miscellaneous odds and ends that were in our gift basket. Another Disboard member is sending in some artwork that I'll also be putting up later. I've still not eaten all of the PB&J.

Finally, I've got a couple of puzzles and a spiffy Mickey hologram keychain left. First person to post a correct answer here to the following question gets 'em free. Good luck.

The question: In the 2004 edition of the Unofficial Guide, who are the two people who got "special thanks" for helping to develop the touring plan software?

Don't forget the auctions. They're for a good cause. I'm signing off for the night, and I'll check back in the morning to see who got the question correct.

Sincerely,

Len

From page 67 "Special Thanks go to Dr. Albert C. Esterline of North Carolina A&T State University and Dr. Gerry V. Doizer of Auburn University."

I can't believe I was the first to answer!!!

Thanks for all you do for us here on the DIS!!!
Renessa

Woo hoo! Congratulations renessa. E-mail me your address and I'll ship out your items this weekend.

Dr.'s Esterline and Dozier are two of the best professors any grad student could have - they're on my dissertation committee. Great people. Scary smart.

Len

Bump for less than 3 hours remaining! Get 'em now, or they're gone. It's for a good cause!

p.s. The current highest bidders would be happy if no one else bids. ::yes:: :wave2:

Thanks Billybaruch1.

For everyone else, billybaruch1 has sent in a limited edition print he received during his trip to WDW last week. It's a framed print of Donald Duck from Mickey's PhilharMagic, and comes with a COA and framed PhilharMagic pin.

Billybaruch1, I had no idea the print would be this attractive. I'll get some photos up of it shortly, and begin the auction. Quite a nice gift. Thanks again for donating it.

Len

Thank you, Len, for arranging this auction on DISboards.

It's my pleasure to donate the Donald Duck art. It is very nice. Everyone who went to WDW on the FairyTale Package received it, or a similar one. For those of you out there who got one, but maybe you have 2 children (if not the typical 2.5 children the "average" family has ;) ), this would be perfect for you. For those of you out there who do not have one yet, well, what can I say, except this would look beautiful hanging on your wall and what are you waiting for! :sunny:

Also, it's for a good cause. ::yes::

And I like these new smileys, too. pirate: :wave2:

Bill

Originally posted by billybaruch1
Thank you, Len, for arranging this auction on DISboards.

It's my pleasure to donate the Donald Duck art. It is very nice. Everyone who went to WDW on the FairyTale Package received it, or a similar one. For those of you out there who got one, but maybe you have 2 children (if not the typical 2.5 children the "average" family has ;) ), this would be perfect for you. For those of you out there who do not have one yet, well, what can I say, except this would look beautiful hanging on your wall and what are you waiting for! :sunny:

Also, it's for a good cause. ::yes::

And I like these new smileys, too. pirate: :wave2:

Bill

Billy you are just so kind. Didn't I read in your trip report that you also gave your golf ticket away to someone. You are magical. I am the mom who has a family of 5 and you posted a comment to me about my deluxe resort prices etc. somewhere else.:wave:

luvmarypoppins, you're embarrassing me! :sunny: Your flattery will get you everywhere.

Hey, all you DISauction people. Are you gonna let this go for $2.00? I kid you not. That is the current bid. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter