Mission: Space????

DNBois

DIS Veterans & CBR Lovers!!!
Does anyone have any idea exactly when Mission: Space is opening? My DH and I are going for nine days in May and I'm pretty certain it won't be up and running by then. But I did read that the ride was tested by actual astronauts so I assume it's in the finishing stages:) I guess it's just wishful thinking on my part. I guess we'll have to use our new APs to go again - not that we need a reason:)

I've seen dates all over the calendar - some state May, others in the fall and some even next year. I'd be interested to find out as well.

Thanks - hopefully someone will know. Keep checking back because I'm sure someone has the answer.

I am really supprised at how many people have posted this same questionDisney doesn't even know the exact date of opening. According to an artical on MousePlanet Disney is shooting for the fall...

From David Koenig's 1/28 mouseplanet artical:

"Don't expect Epcot's newest attraction, Mission:Space, to open any time soon. Imagineering had hoped to open the thrill ride this spring, but construction has fallen behind schedule (although apparently not "Test Track-level" behind schedule). The new target date for soft openings is late summer (end of August) at the absolute earliest."

http://www.mouseplanet.com/david/dk030128.htm

What a shame. I was looking forward to it for my June trip!

Safari Steve just posted on here last week that the official CM newsletter recently stated Early Spring. He said they once said Fall, but now are back to Spring. The post is probably on page 3 or 4 of this board now but you can find it and read all the great info he posted on it.

Angie

Thanks for the info - I will check out Safari Steve's thread - thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter