• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki CP Dinner

miko

DIS Veteran
We will be doing the CP package on 12/15 (6:45 show, 8:30 dinner) at Teppanyaki. We have not eaten there before. Anyone out there used the CP package or just been for dinner that would like to shed some light on the dinning experience. Also, any chance of seeing Illuminations while in restaurant?

You cannot see outside while seated in the restaurant. There are windows in the lounge or you can walk out on the balcony.

We are also doign the CP package here...I have posted several threads asking if anyone else has with no responses...hopefully now that is is actually going on we can get some info!

We chose that restaurant for our CP package in 2002. Unfortunately it poured all night and we never went to the show. But the dinner was great! The food was excellent, the chef was entertaining and by the end of the meal (we were a loud group of 12 - adults and teens) we had everyone singing Christmas carols. Lots of fun.

I haven't been there for the CP, but the food is a style similar to Benihana's. Chef cook at your table which is basically a big grill. My DD isn't one to stay from chicken strips and pizza but she loves Teppanyaki!

We are also doing the 6:45 show with 8:30 seating at Teppanyaki, but on Dec. 10th. We've never eaten there either, glad to see some good responses!

Excellent choice for dinner. The food is very good and the chefs are entertaining. We are going to Teppanyaki on NYE. Enjoy! :love:

We love this restaurant! You will be seated at a very big, very hot grill. It's essentially a big, hot table for 8. If there are not 8 of you, they will fill the other seats with other families.

As part of your CP you will receive an appitizer, an entree (no lobster when we were there last year) and dessert. My personal favorites from the starters are the Edamame (steamed fresh soy beans), the Spicy Tuna Roll (sushi) or the grilled squid. For the entree I love the Musashi, which is the grilled beef and scallops. The chef will ask you how you want your meat done and he will make it perfectly. If you can still upgrade from the sirloin to the tenderloin, do so! The upgrade is worth it. Your entree is served with grilled veggies (onions, mushrooms, etc) and a bowl of white rice. If you're lucky you'll get a chef that likes to entertain. He'll flip shrimp tails into his pocket, tell bad jokes, etc. My friend's DD takes Japanese in HS and the chefs warm up to us instantly! For dessert, I have a weakness for green tea ice cream. We usually order the fruit salad, though because my DD is such a picky eater. She'll usually eat the edamame, the rice and the fruit for her dinner.

I hope that helps :).

Sugermouse: Teppanyaki used to be our NYE spot too until we moved over to the MK for NYE. Now we're at Tony's.

We are going to Teppanyaki tomorrow night at 4:45 and then to the 6:45 CP show. I will post my thoughts when we return. I had posted a similar question asking for some good app and dessert choices since there aren't many, but got no responses.
I can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter