Mixing Business with Disney: Who's attending Microsoft Ignite 2018?

I've requested Ignite. Waiting on the approval. I'll probably stay at a Disney hotel. Plan on getting some park time too.

Last edited:

I was guessing there might be some overlap in Disboards/Ignite. Looks like I was right.

This will be my first Ignite. I'm staying at Hard Rock Universal, it's closer than WDW to the conference location and with unlimited express pass I can hit the two Universal parks later in the day and still get on attractions.

For you more experienced Ignite attendees, How late in the day do sessions typically run? I'm happy to skip out on any dinner/social events they might have but I do want to max out on the actual sessions.

I haven't been to Ignite, but I did see that last year's after party was at Universal. Rented both parks. Other Microsoft conferences I've been too were usually over late afternoon in the 3 pm time frame

I'll be there, but go with several members of the team so we tend to stick together. Last year we skipped Friday and spent the day at AK instead which was nice (boss even expensed the costs). I turn around for vacation with the family from Oct 5 to 13th

Sessions just depend on what you're interested in. I was rarely there after 5PM.

Dh is going and the kids and I are going to be in the park without him using the convention tickets. Is there anything I need to know or have to get in the parks without him, anyone have any experience with this? Thanks

Dh is going and the kids and I are going to be in the park without him using the convention tickets. Is there anything I need to know or have to get in the parks without him, anyone have any experience with this? Thanks

Convention Tickets? What is this of which you speak?

there are discounted convention tickets for after 5 pm I cannot find the link but thats what I am looking for

Interesting. Someone over on the September Planning Thread pointed out that the Magic Kingdom closes at 6PM on Thursday September 27 and it's not a night for "Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party"

I'm speculating that Ignite has the park booked for that night. Thursday is the right night for the big after party right?

Update: Thursday Night Sept. 27th is also blocked out at Universal. The plot thickens.

Last edited:
Update: Thursday Night Sept. 27th is also blocked out at Universal. The plot thickens.
Universal Studios closes at 5pm on 27th, but Islands of Adventure is set to be open until 9pm. Universal Studios by itself would be too small for the crowds of Ignite (about 23k with all presenters and vendors, plus a share of companions) - even a smaller Cisco conference this year had one park reserved for the party, but offered passes to the second park during the party hours. Then again, the negotiations are likely still in flight.
MK would be the first one for TechEd / Ignite, even though some years back TechEd had a party at DHS.
The price of the companion pass is up to $200 this year, from $150 a year ago (and those sold out quickly).

I'm going with several other team members. We're staying closer to the convention center at the Avanti. My wife is coming out on Friday and we'll be a week a WDW.

Would be great if they did their event at either park.

I'll be mixing Disney, Universal and Microsoft for the:

Microsoft Ignite 2018 Conference
Sept 23rd - 28th
Anyone else going? I could see some ride sharing possibilities...

I'm booked into the Hard Rock Universal.

Did you go last year? I have registered for this year!!

Do they ever announce the party location early? If the party is at Disney I think I can get the boss to come.. err the wife.. :)

I will be attending as well. I am currently booked at Cabana Bay, but considering moving to a Disney hotel since my wife and infant son are coming along. I attended Ignite in 2015 in Chicago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!