MK Christmas Day?

p44nmun

Mouseketeer
We have MK park reservations on Christmas Day this year. I have always wanted to do this as we don’t have specific plans that day any year. With limited capacity I felt like “this is the year”!
Now I’m second guessing my decision. We will be flying, down there for a week, 3 park days total (Epcot, HS, MK). Now that the park is already at capacity, will it be worth it? Will it be crazy?
I figured it would reach “capacity” anyway, so I don’t really know why I’m stressing or second guessing, and I know nobody really knows what that day will be like because things are so different these days.

We have MK park reservations on Christmas Day this year. I have always wanted to do this as we don’t have specific plans that day any year. With limited capacity I felt like “this is the year”!
Now I’m second guessing my decision. We will be flying, down there for a week, 3 park days total (Epcot, HS, MK). Now that the park is already at capacity, will it be worth it? Will it be crazy?
I figured it would reach “capacity” anyway, so I don’t really know why I’m stressing or second guessing, and I know nobody really knows what that day will be like because things are so different these days.
your last sentence is all truth, lol.
It will be busy but just plan for that, the best thing to do is have realistic expectations, just because the parks are not open at 100% capacity doesn't mean the attraction queues will be short, that has already been proven
Rope drop is still your best option if you want to get on a couple of rides with minimal waits. mobile order early to lock in your meal time slot, or even better if you can eat at off times

We are also going on Christmas Day. It has been a bucket list item of ours and we figured with limited crowds this was the year to do it. It will be our last day there (we are getting there on the 18th)
We are anticipating crowds and long waits at rides. However, it should not be the "normal" Christmas crowds.

your last sentence is all truth, lol.
It will be busy but just plan for that, the best thing to do is have realistic expectations, just because the parks are not open at 100% capacity doesn't mean the attraction queues will be short, that has already been proven
Rope drop is still your best option if you want to get on a couple of rides with minimal waits. mobile order early to lock in your meal time slot, or even better if you can eat at off times

I agree with this. We also made lunch AND dinner reservations so we did not have to fight the crowds at the quick service areas.

We are also going on Christmas Day. It has been a bucket list item of ours and we figured with limited crowds this was the year to do it. It will be our last day there (we are getting there on the 18th)
We are anticipating crowds and long waits at rides. However, it should not be the "normal" Christmas crowds.
So funny that you used the phrase “bucket list” because that’s exactly why we are going that day too. It’s just something I’ve always wanted to do. That being said though, it isn’t really on my family’s bucket list, so I’m crossing my fingers that our only MK day won’t be a disaster just because of my wish. (I realize being at Disney is NEVER a disaster, but you know what I mean). We are there for a week, hope I don’t regret it, realizing I could have planned MK for a different day.

You can do it this year with a 25% capacity crowd or a different year with a 100% crowd. I know which one I would choose

Exactly this! We've never been at Christmas time before (because of the crowds - I've seen the pics where you literally can't move). So we decided this is the year. Granted we won't be in a park ON Christmas Day (it's our arrival day) but will be at DS afternoon/evening. I expect most parks to be at or near 'capacity' that week we're there.

We (my mom and I) are going to be in MK on Christmas Day too, and precisely for the same reason as others here...it's always been the dream and so we're doing it. I made sure to book MK for earlier in the week too, just so we can have two days to get all of the various attractions done. Christmas Day we'll worry less about rides and more about just being there. its our last park day, so we'll probably shop a lot. We have lunch ADRs both MK days: BOG on the first one and Liberty Tree Tavern on Christmas. We might escape to one of the area resorts for a breather too. We're horse people, and we've always wanted to visit the horses over at Fort Wilderness, so we might do that.

We've been to MK on Christmas day a few times in years past and will be this year. I still expect it to feel crowded but doubtful it will feel like it sometimes did in the past....a sea of people shoulder-to-shoulder. One additional advantage to this year is that I don't have to fear not being able to get back into the park due to capacity if I decide to leave midday.

I'm trying to use some of the same strategies I did before WDW had fastpass. Planning on rope drop, then leaving park for a late breakfast at an MK resort. Have BOG for later in the day.

If it's any consolation, it's really enjoyable being in the park for Christmas Day....even when crowded. Everyone packs their patience and is in a great mood for the holiday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter