MK Dessert Party

Garyjames220

DIS Veteran
Hi

I was thinking of booking the desert party on sat 30th November at magic kingdom. It says 9pm start time

Does anyway know do I arrive at 9pm for the deserts etc or is it 9pm the fireworks actually start and need to be there before ?

Also we were planning in going to skipper canteen the same day about 5.30

Do you think it would be to much having a two course meal here and then a desert party But stuck

The party itself starts before the fireworks. So the dessert party starts at 9:00 for you to gorge yourself before fireworks. And for me, it wouldn't too much but...

I did CRT and the After Fireworks Dessert Party on my last visit for my last day. I had a 5:30 reservation for CRT and the party in my case started at 7:30. I recommend looking to see if the After Fireworks optiok is available if not too late in the night for you and your group. You don't get seating to view the fireworks, but you get closer view of the show in the Plaza Garden than Tomorrowland Terrace and it's cheaper.

Last edited:
The party itself starts before the fireworks. So the dessert party starts at 9:00 for you to gorge yourself before fireworks. And for me, it wouldn't too much but...

I did CRT and the After Fireworks Dessert Party on my last visit for my last day. I had a 5:30 reservation for CRT and the party in my case started at 7:30. I recommend looking to see if the After Fireworks optiok is available if not too late in the night for you and your group. You don't get seating to view the fireworks, but you get closer view of the show in the Plaza Garden than Tomorrowland Terrace and it's cheaper.

So the fireworks aren’t until about 10pm then

HEA starts at 10pm on your date (It is scheduled for 10pm all Thanksgiving week).

Yes, the 9pm time is the check in for the Tomorrowland Terrace Viewing version of the party. You don’t have to arrive on time, but most do. Tables for this version of the party are assigned upon arrival.

Ok am thinking if I make skipper canteen about 5pm out of there around 6.30pm ish

That’s a wee break before more deserts 😃🤭

We did the exact same thing over Thanksgiving week, and we were still stuffed from Skipper Canteen! If I did it over again, I would give myself more time between! :crazy2:

It was a couple of years ago, let me look at my trip notes for times but I would probably not do dinner and then party before fireworks - I would do lunch or after fireworks party

It was a couple of years ago, let me look at my trip notes for times but I would probably not do dinner and then party before fireworks - I would do lunch or after fireworks party

Well on another day we are doing lunch at Crystal Palace and then Mickeys very merry Xmas party

We could do the desert party that night but didn’t no if that’s a bit silly when u get lots of snacks that night anyway 🤷‍♂️

Whenever we do the dessert party we have a late lunch and then snacks if we are hungry. They have a few savory options at the party now and we actually wind up eating more of those.

Last year we did the HEA dessert party in late November. It was a 10pm fireworks show

We had a 530ish BOG dinner followed by a 9pm checkin to HEA dessert party.

I thought it was fine. If I were to do it again I may have switched to the after dessert party but it would be pretty late.

Our next trip we are doing this iOct. 430pm ASR dinner followed by 9pm HEA after dessert party.

Last edited:
I finally got back home to my computer that has my planning notes. I was thinking it was our Thanksgiving trip, but it was a July trip. We had dinner at Skipper Canteen at 4:55 (and my DD and I shared a meal, only DS, who was 19 and could pack away a lot of food, had his own meal). The dessert party started at 7::45, and I think we didn't get there til almost 8, but we were still so full, we really didn't eat much. I would still do the party (we also did SW dessert party at DHS that trip too, and am doing another party at MK for our December trip), but we now only do lunch and then the party (and snack credits if we get hungry). Hope that helps!

I finally got back home to my computer that has my planning notes. I was thinking it was our Thanksgiving trip, but it was a July trip. We had dinner at Skipper Canteen at 4:55 (and my DD and I shared a meal, only DS, who was 19 and could pack away a lot of food, had his own meal). The dessert party started at 7::45, and I think we didn't get there til almost 8, but we were still so full, we really didn't eat much. I would still do the party (we also did SW dessert party at DHS that trip too, and am doing another party at MK for our December trip), but we now only do lunch and then the party (and snack credits if we get hungry). Hope that helps!

Well we do have a Crystal Palace lunch Booked and then mickeys very merry Xmas party. Would you book the desert party for that night instead of doing it after our HEA meal at 5pm. I thought it might be a bit silly as u get lots of snacks anyway though at the Xmas party 🤔

It depends on what time the dessert party would be that night if your meal is at 5 and the party doesn't start til say 9, you might be ok, but if it starts at 7 or 8, that might be close. It also depends on your family and appetites. We have personally gone to lunch TS instead of dinner on nights we are doing a dessert party, and then just use snack credits (or QS at most) if we get hungry, but YMMV.

Whenever we do the dessert party we have a late lunch and then snacks if we are hungry. They have a few savory options at the party now and we actually wind up eating more of those.
We do the same. We made the mistake once of doing an early dinner before a party and wound up being too full to enjoy the food at the party. Now we never do a dinner before a party, or snacks that are too filling.

It depends partly on what you want from the dessert party. We have eaten dinner at Skipper's then attended the dessert party. However, we primarily do the dessert party for the fireworks viewing. We really aren't interested in the desserts. We sometimes might nibble a little of the non sugary items, but that's about it.
Or, you could choose to have just one or two small items to finish your meal.

If you do want to load up on the offerings, then I wouldn't have a dinner prior to the party. Like others have said, maybe grab something light such as a salad to share from a QS if you are hungry before the party starts.

Personally, I wouldn't be able to eat a large dinner at Skipper's and then eat a lot of dessert party food.. Too much food for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!