MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Well, down to the last two "original format" MK EMM days - tomorrow and next Tuesday. Been a good run!

Just did a flip through of Dec & Jan dates. All dates have availability of at least 14 spots (the max you can book online). That is interesting to me, both as a possible indicator of capacity.... or overall popularity/reception from guests of the new format. I suspect a bit of both. I do have to wonder how much all of these other 'events' such as DHS EMM and now three parks with Disney After Hours may cannibalize demand that might otherwise focus on MK EMM.

Will be interesting to watch how things pan out 12/2+.

Well, down to the last two "original format" MK EMM days - tomorrow and next Tuesday. Been a good run!

Just did a flip through of Dec & Jan dates. All dates have availability of at least 14 spots (the max you can book online). That is interesting to me, both as a possible indicator of capacity.... or overall popularity/reception from guests of the new format. I suspect a bit of both. I do have to wonder how much all of these other 'events' such as DHS EMM and now three parks with Disney After Hours may cannibalize demand that might otherwise focus on MK EMM.

Will be interesting to watch how things pan out 12/2+.

That’s a good point re cannibalization, but I think they are increasing output in response to demand. We will be at WDW for four nights and have both EMM events and MVM...so maybe not?

We did the current version on Tue the 20th, yesterday. It was AWESOME. Worth every penny. I hope the new format continues to be a wonderful experience for all. We did PP 2 times. Then we did 7D 8 times. Then WtP 2 times. We were ready for breakfast and had a nice experience. Afterwards we hit PotC and then used our 3 FPs. All told 16 rides plus breakfast all by lunch. We then took a break at BoardWalk and went to Epcot for the night. A wonderful day.

Our experience at HS EMM the previous day has been posted on that thread. Not good.

Another successful EMM story here - we were there on 11/18 (Mickey's Birthday). Did 4 different photopass pictures on our way back to Fantasy Land (I wanted ONE to be perfect ;), then walked on PP (there was a decent line when we got off), 4 7D in a row, first breakfast quick (13 year old DS - he eats all the food all the time), then tea cups were open, and rope drop to Space Mountain & Buzz Lightyear, back for actual breakfast at 9:45, had FP for Haunted Mansion, but it was down, so used the any time FP on Splash, then FP Thunder, FP Jingle Cruise (145 min posted wait time!!!). Hopped the Monorail to Epcot for the start of the Festival of the Holidays for the next few hours until our Tragical Express pick-up. Totally a successful day & definitely worth the $$20181118_075529.jpg 20181118_074306.jpg

Hi, this was not clear to me about arrival and I just want to make certain:
I will be driving. If I arrive at the parking lot for 7:00AM, will the monorail and/or ferry be operating to bring us to the front of the park?

Still waiting and hoping for Tuesday, March 5....still not available...

Hi, this was not clear to me about arrival and I just want to make certain:
I will be driving. If I arrive at the parking lot for 7:00AM, will the monorail and/or ferry be operating to bring us to the front of the park?

Still waiting and hoping for Tuesday, March 5....still not available...

You’ll have to check the times guide when you’re there to be certain, but the resort monorail generally starts running by 7 AM, so at the very least, you should be able to hop on that one.

I’m glad to hear the recent success reports on EMM. Been on the fence for awhile for Dec 18th which is Epcot day 2but our plan has us starting late at 4 pm which would work perfectly for EMM. Get up, ride, eat, leave for resort, rest and Epcot late

When will future dates be released? Looking to book for April/Early May. I did my dining reservations but I really can not finalize my plans until I book EMM for fantasyland and TSL

Looking at Post#3 it appears there are dates set for Feb 2019 but I don't see them listed in Park Hours on the website. Are there other dates (March) that I am missing when looking on the website?

Looking at Post#3 it appears there are dates set for Feb 2019 but I don't see them listed in Park Hours on the website. Are there other dates (March) that I am missing when looking on the website?

EMM will show up on SOME versions of WDW’s park calendar as “Special Ticketed Event: 7:45AM-9AM” - but it’s inconsistent among calendar versions.

The EMM page is your best bet for the most accurate calendar of available dates: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/early-morning-magic/

I also keep Post #3 updated (usually within a few days) once Disney adds new dates.

When will future dates be released? Looking to book for April/Early May. I did my dining reservations but I really can not finalize my plans until I book EMM for fantasyland and TSL

The pattern over time of when dates are released is inconsistent, so hard to say for sure. Unfortunately.

EMM will show up on SOME versions of WDW’s park calendar as “Special Ticketed Event: 7:45AM-9AM” - but it’s inconsistent among calendar versions.

The EMM page is your best bet for the most accurate calendar of available dates: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/early-morning-magic/

I also keep Post #3 updated (usually within a few days) once Disney adds new dates.

Thanks. I didn't realize the dates would be different on the EMM page as opposed to the calendar view of park hours. I';; keep an eye on Post #3 for updates.

Final old version EMM today and 7DMT was down the whole time for repairs. They did not open any additional attractions. Sadly it was not a good value for our family of 4. Hope the new one is great for those of you in the future :)

Final old version EMM today and 7DMT was down the whole time for repairs. They did not open any additional attractions. Sadly it was not a good value for our family of 4. Hope the new one is great for those of you in the future :)

Well darn... way to go out on a bang. :sad2:

I’m sorry you didn’t have a good morning.

Went today as part of a party of 8. It was atrocious. Overcrowded, mine train not working with nothing added to compensate, no additional fast passes given, and no communication from Disney, other than an alert that Christmas party tickets for tonight were still available for purchase.

We will be there 12/4–I hope they have all this sorted by then. My gut tells me it will be crowded and everyone will be trying to do 7DMT. We are trying to manage expectations.

We will be there 12/4–I hope they have all this sorted by then. My gut tells me it will be crowded and everyone will be trying to do 7DMT. We are trying to manage expectations.
We will also be there. Keeping our goals low, but still unsure what to expect. Here’s hoping we both have good experiences Monday and Tuesday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter