MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

IMO I think you always want a FP for 7DMT. Just not worth it for me messing with lines at any other time of day except maybe popping in line in the last 30 mins of the day.

21 min 7DMT wait at 10:30am sounds aggressive.

If no FP for 7DMT, then I'd take advantage of the 7-8AM EMHs if you're eligible.
Sorry I should have been clearer, the guests who booked EMM in September had it cancelled and Disney gave us 8 anytime FPP multi experiences for the EMM rides.
Probably a lot of pages back there were quite a few people in this thread and I was asking how everyone else in that boat was going planning the 3 FPP you book. Seems like me they left, thanks for replying.

We have potentially 8 FPP for 7DMT but it seems like it would not be practical to use them. The 21 minutes is what touring plans says the wait in the FastPass line will be, at times it even says 31 minutes in the 7DMT FPP line.

And yeah I can use the 1 hour EEMH.

Sorry I should have been clearer, the guests who booked EMM in September had it cancelled and Disney gave us 8 anytime FPP multi experiences for the EMM rides.
Probably a lot of pages back there were quite a few people in this thread and I was asking how everyone else in that boat was going planning the 3 FPP you book.

We have potentially 8 FPP for 7DMT but it seems like it would not be practical to use them. The 21 minutes is what touring plans says the wait in the FastPass line will be, at times it even says 31 minutes in the 7DMT FPP line.

And yeah I can use the 1 hour EEMH.

Ahh, OK - MY BAD! Sorry about that. :-)

The longest I’ve waited in the mine train FP line was 15 minutes maybe and that was right when it came back up after being down for 2 hours. 31 minutes seems like an insane guess.

Just back today. We did EMM yesterday. They let us in at 7:45 on the dot. We rode Pooh, Peter Pan x 2, Pooh again, then 7 Dwarves twice. The line for 7 Dwarves was MUCH longer than I had anticipated. They did not have it open right at 7:45 which may have contributed, but I'm not sure. Breakfast was adequate, no complaints. I just wish I had been able to get onto 7 Dwarves a couple more times. Would I do it again? I'm not really sure.
We did have a huge advantage at 9AM. We lined up next to Speedway and met the front of the pack going to Space Mountain. Walked onto Space, then 5 minute wait at buzz, then Breakfast.
In all, I'm glad we did it, but I only had to pay for 2 tickets since it was a girls trip and DH and DS were not there. So we had quite a bit done by the time our first FP at 10:15 arrived, which did make a difference in the CRAZY HOT summer weather. (Side note - never again doing WDW in the middle of summer!)

We did this yesterday for the first time.

Arrived at the gates at 720. I was initially shocked at the amount of people waiting and was very nervous that it was going to be too crowded. They let us in right at 745 and again I was shocked to see a crowded Main Street. We walked to fantasyland and were routed around the right of the castle by tea cups. Initial plan was to hit PP but it was 757 by the time we passed 7DMT and it had a posted 10 min wait so we hopped in line. It was only a 5 minute wait. We then headed to PP since 7DMT was showing 20 mins. We did PP twice as a walk on. Then we headed back to 7DMT as it had a posted 15. Actual was 10. We then did Winnie the Pooh as a walk on. Then half our party went and met both sets of princesses and the other half rode 7DMT 3 times as a walk on. It was then 9 and we cleared the rest of Fantasy land pretty much and went to breakfast at 945. Breakfast was ok. Plenty of food but the quality is not great.

I felt that the crowds were just right. However, after paying $70 pp I just don’t feel it was worth it. If you only have one day at MK I could see the value. For us it’s a one and done and I’m glad we did it, but I couldn’t see us ponying up for it again. Thanks to all on here for the tips and reviews.

ETA: It seemed most of the crowds we witnessed while waiting at the gate and in Main Street were PPO breakfast people. I think it would help the event if EMM people were let in at 730 and then held at fantasy land until 745.

Last edited:
What are the others who had cancelled EMM in September doing for touring plans? I am actually struggling with the touring plan for 11 FPP! Touring plans suggests we will have 21 minute waits for 7DMT by 10:30...

I am thinking of booking our 3 other FPP for 12 - 3 for rides outside fantasyland. I guess we can't start with the FPPs till 8am...
So we are going 9/1. We are actually going to HS at 6am for SWGE. We will spend a few hours there then head to MK. I had had a breakfast booked but the GC they sent wasn't attached to the breakfast so we already used that for our previous trip and I am cancelling. We'll grab something in SWGE or Sleepy Hollow at MK. I did book FPs for 11-2 and we will fill in with the Multiple Experience ones we received for the FL rides. Hoping to be out after doing our last booked FP, if possible, for some pool time in the hot part of the day then to DS that night.

What are the others who had cancelled EMM in September doing for touring plans? I am actually struggling with the touring plan for 11 FPP! Touring plans suggests we will have 21 minute waits for 7DMT by 10:30...

I am thinking of booking our 3 other FPP for 12 - 3 for rides outside fantasyland. I guess we can't start with the FPPs till 8am...
IMO I think you always want a FP for 7DMT. Just not worth it for me messing with lines at any other time of day except maybe popping in line in the last 30 mins of the day.

21 min 7DMT wait at 10:30am sounds aggressive.

If no FP for 7DMT, then I'd take advantage of the 7-8AM EMHs if you're eligible.
If Disney cancelled the EMM then you should have multiple experience FPs that would work for 7D. We were given 8 each and told we could use them for any of the rides that are available for EMM.

ETA just saw your reply that you know you have them. We are definitely using at least 1 for 7D and maybe more.

So I ended up booking ETWBelle, meeting Ariel and Mickey for DD & I and the 3 mountains for my husband and son. At 10, 11 and 12.

I am still not sure we will manage to use all 8 but I guess it doesn’t matter for booking.

Last edited:
On way to EMM. 3 of my party in a separate room missed the bus. Can I still get my teens in and they join us later or does the whole party need to be at check in? It doesn’t seem fair that some may be delayed going in. Hopefully they will get here...

Update: two showed. One did not. We went in without her, but she appeared at 8:30.
It was quite busy, especially at breakfast. It is busy overall today. The fast pass line is at 40 min. For Thunder.

We did EMM on July 21st and stayed at the Gran Destino at Coronado Springs. I believe we were at the buses by 7 and got on within the next few minutes. The bag check and fingerprints were not bad lines, and we ended up in the crowd of people waiting for MK to open. They opened at 7:43ish. We walked down Main Street and and turned right, following Cast Member instructions. When we made it into Fantasyland, our party split up. My aunt and uncle went to breakfast first and the 4 rest of us went to SDMT. We waited maybe 10 minutes and got on at 7:56. We went again, at 8:08. Then we went on Peter Pan’s flight 2x. After, we went on SDMT 6 more times, making it a total of 8 times. Then we went on Pooh. After, around 8:56 we went to the side of the Tea Cups and waited to be let into Tomorrowland. The Cast members do hold you an extra maybe 30 seconds to catch you up with the RD crowd. We still ended up at the front of the Space Mountain line and went on. Then we had a FP and went on again. Around 9:40ish we made our way to Cosmic Ray’s and ordered food. Over all, my family enjoyed this meal and found it to be a lot of food. We liked and actually brought home the mini Tabasco sauces. We suspect there were more pastries at the beginning of the event after talking to the rest of our party. Right before 10 we went back up and asked for bottled water and brought them with us. After, we headed towards Thunder and Splash because we had 10 and 11 FPs.

Talking to my aunt(who was 7 months pregnant so couldn’t do SDMT) and my uncle, they went on Peter Pan, Pooh, the Carousel, Small World(apparently had a boat to themselves), and met the princesses. They made me laugh because they thought walking into the princesses, it was a ride, and just kind of wanted to walk out but Rapunzel made them take a picture(they haven’t been to Disney since they were kids so they don’t remember or know the layout that well).

I would say this event was worth it. This was actually our 2nd MK day, and we pretty much did the whole park the first day(except for SDMT). We enjoyed being able to ride as many times as we wanted. As a tip, the SDMT line gets shorter as the event goes on. At first the rope between the FP line and exit was up, but eventually taken down near the front. The Cast members were laughing at us for running around to the entrance to go on again. It was a great experience. One of my family members said that she knows SDMT is short, but if you go on that many times, it feels like one big and long ride. I’m not sure how worth it it was for my aunt and uncle. I’m glad they did some rides, and it sounds like they did what they wanted with no wait, so I think they did good. I thought it was less crowded than the TSL one, but both were worth it if you can ride SDMT and SDD.

Kind of posted this a few pages ago but only got a half an answer...
If anyone has gone to EMM then gone to BTM for RD I would be interested to hear your experience. I am deciding if we should go to SM or BTM for RD.

Especially interested how far the CMs will let you get towards BTM on an EMM before the RD fireworks go off.

Has anyone been to both EMM at MK and VAH and felt EMM was a better experience due to crowd levels at VAH? Still debating on VAH and considering doing EMM instead. We are a family of 4 with girls ages 8 & 10 and are heading down to WDW July 31 for 10 nights.

Has anyone been to both EMM at MK and VAH and felt EMM was a better experience due to crowd levels at VAH? Still debating on VAH and considering doing EMM instead. We are a family of 4 with girls ages 8 & 10 and are heading down to WDW July 31 for 10 nights.
We’ve done EMM a few times, and had done DAH once back when it started. During our trip in June we did both EMM and VAH, so I’m afraid I’m not much help! We like them both, and feel they are worth it if you can afford them. EMM is for multiple rides on SDMT as well as (now with the new format) checking off most of Fantasyland before the park opens, and getting a passable breakfast included (that part used to be much better). After hours is (for us) riding as many rides as you can in 3 hrs. While Regular DAH was much better for this, we still found VAH to be worth it, and if you’re a villains fan then even better. We aren’t, but did watch the last show and last Maleficent. You get more rides in the VAH and don’t have to get up as early. EMM is better if you want repeat rides on SDMT and want to get up early and hit a bunch of rides before your usual start of the day. Are you morning or night people? It was me, my DH and 2 boys 6 and 9. I’m a night person, in general the family as a whole is more a morning person (in reality late morning and mid day people lol), but we made both work just to do the events. There were more people at VAH but also much more to do and more time to do it in. If I had to pick one I would do after hours, but I love them both. I think my family would probably agree with that, I’ll have to ask them tomorrow and find out!

We were there this past Tuesday, 7/23. We had just done this back on Memorial Day weekend but were back with a bigger group this time, including many new/limited WDW folks covering several generations, so figured EMM would be a reasonable use of vacation funds to get a jump start on a full MK day.

They seem to have changed things up a bit out front with check-in. Overall it was fine, although far more chaotic and less pleasant than prior experiences.

MK EMM has always really appealed to us, old version and new version. This time, we got in plenty of rides with no issues. We didn’t turn our attention to 7DMT until after 8:30am, did 4 rides with an average pace and no/just a few min waits each. Everything else was a walk on. I do very much appreciate the expanded ride offerings and this part delivered as expected.

Having done the new version twice now, my only real complaint is the breakfast. From my perspective, the breakfast is crowded and chaotic - it’s the opposite of the warm and pleasant experience that used to be offered at PVH. We used to always comment on how the CMs at PVH were so nice and interactive... welcoming, friendly, super helpful. With all due respect to the CMs at Cosmic Rays - it’s mass/fast food service with no heart at all. And the food isn’t even all that good.

When we do this in the future, we will probably make efforts to eat beforehand or bring in bagels and eat on our own as we get a jump on the MK day instead of wasting time at breakfast. Which really pains me to say since one of our original loves of EMM was the breakfast.

Anyway, sorry, just had to that off my chest while still fresh on my mind.

Any current thoughts on the impact Morning Magic has on crowds & wait times in the first few hours of the day? I know originally there was no noticeable difference because it was such a small event. Now that it has expanded, is there a difference? We’re headed down for a quick weekend trip to do the AP preview at Galaxy’s Edge & want to do MK Sunday morning. There is a MM that day & I’m just wondering what to prepare for. Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!