MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

All the dates in September so far, at least what I can see - 9/1 thru the 9/17th are showing no availability. I booked the 17th - it showed up in my plans on MDE but now that is gone. The money hasn't been refunded to my CC yet though.

I just played around with it and all the Sept dates are showing no availability. I clicked the last one in Aug, and that was available

Man I'm praying 9-24 doesn't sell out before next Tuesday!

I have a 10-day window and 9/24 is showing as “no tables available” just like all the other Sept dates. There is zero chance (in my opinion) that it’s sold out, so it’s just a continuation of the Sept MK EMM reservation screwiness going on at the moment (in my opinion).

I guess it’s somehow remotely possible the hoards of SWGE peeps will descend on WDW in Sept and are gobbling up things like EMM in unprecedented fashion, that just doesn’t seem likely.

I guess on the glass-half-full side of things, at least they are adding days instead of just adding additional guests. (I’m pretending that they aren’t adding days AND more guests.) :rolleyes1

I’m curious on thoughts doing this with young kids. It will be me,DH,DD(4) and DS(2).

I like the idea of walk ons and a peaceful fantasyland. I’m a little concerned we won’t optimize our time well though trying to get the little kids moving quickly through lines and walking between attractions. Or I’m worried someone will have an off morning. Also we will have to switch off riding mine train with our 4yr old. We will have 2strollers.

It would cost our family $241 for the event.

I am tempted because we could actually take advantage of the morning time. Evening events and extra hours don’t work for the little kids. Also we take a mid day resort nap break. This would let us get a lot done.

We are going to MK twice on our trip in the beginning of May. I do already have FPS for mine train(x2),PP, Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Buzz. (I would switch some of these if we do EMM)

Thoughts or opinions?

I’m curious on thoughts doing this with young kids. It will be me,DH,DD(4) and DS(2).

I like the idea of walk ons and a peaceful fantasyland. I’m a little concerned we won’t optimize our time well though trying to get the little kids moving quickly through lines and walking between attractions. Or I’m worried someone will have an off morning. Also we will have to switch off riding mine train with our 4yr old. We will have 2strollers.

It would cost our family $241 for the event.

I am tempted because we could actually take advantage of the morning time. Evening events and extra hours don’t work for the little kids. Also we take a mid day resort nap break. This would let us get a lot done.

We are going to MK twice on our trip in the beginning of May. I do already have FPS for mine train(x2),PP, Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Buzz. (I would switch some of these if we do EMM)

Thoughts or opinions?

Just like you the evening events aren't an option yet for our young family. We have done this event twice when it was the original style (7D, PP, & Pooh + breakfast at Pinocchio) with 3 young kids. Last time we did it, kids were 5, 3, & 1. We love it and are going to try the new style this June. The original style had a great breakfast, so I'm bummed about the downgrade of that, but exited about the increase in rides. Even with herding 3 young kids and 4 extra adults on our last trip, we were still able to ride many rides over and over. Our 3 yo was just tall enough to ride 7D. The adults would take the two older kids, and I would take the youngest on Pooh or the carousel. Then, we would switch and the kids would ride 7D again. Everyone was able to ride 7D numerous times. Then, we were still able to ride Pooh and PP at the same time. We all really enjoyed the low crowd morning.

As for an off morning with this event, we've experienced that too! Our first time doing the event, was just the 5 of us and my then 4 yo was determined to mess up every single thing I had planned for the trip. We got to the event and before we even went on a ride he threw a tantrum about something and refused to go on anything. We talked him out of the tantrum eventually, and I think him seeing his younger brothers going on rides without him helped him shift out of the tantrum too. But we still had plenty of time to do all the rides during the event, and it ended up being a great rest of the day!

This event really does set you up to get a lot done before you head back for nap time. We usually would get Fantasyland, Adventureland, and Frontierland finished by 1:30. Then, we would leave for nap time at the resort and come back around 4-5ish and do Tomorrowland and whatever else we wanted to repeat.

Just like you the evening events aren't an option yet for our young family. We have done this event twice when it was the original style (7D, PP, & Pooh + breakfast at Pinocchio) with 3 young kids. Last time we did it, kids were 5, 3, & 1. We love it and are going to try the new style this June. The original style had a great breakfast, so I'm bummed about the downgrade of that, but exited about the increase in rides. Even with herding 3 young kids and 4 extra adults on our last trip, we were still able to ride many rides over and over. Our 3 yo was just tall enough to ride 7D. The adults would take the two older kids, and I would take the youngest on Pooh or the carousel. Then, we would switch and the kids would ride 7D again. Everyone was able to ride 7D numerous times. Then, we were still able to ride Pooh and PP at the same time. We all really enjoyed the low crowd morning.

As for an off morning with this event, we've experienced that too! Our first time doing the event, was just the 5 of us and my then 4 yo was determined to mess up every single thing I had planned for the trip. We got to the event and before we even went on a ride he threw a tantrum about something and refused to go on anything. We talked him out of the tantrum eventually, and I think him seeing his younger brothers going on rides without him helped him shift out of the tantrum too. But we still had plenty of time to do all the rides during the event, and it ended up being a great rest of the day!

This event really does set you up to get a lot done before you head back for nap time. We usually would get Fantasyland, Adventureland, and Frontierland finished by 1:30. Then, we would leave for nap time at the resort and come back around 4-5ish and do Tomorrowland and whatever else we wanted to repeat.
Thank you so much for the response. I have read lots of reviews online but most seem to be blogger types doing it as one adult. It’s nice to hear you still were able to accomplish a lot with little kids.

It's getting REALLY REALLY annoying the way the EMM at MK is being heavily advertised as being available through Sept. when it's NOT actually available for the dates showing in Sept.

It's getting REALLY REALLY annoying the way the EMM at MK is being heavily advertised as being available through Sept. when it's NOT actually available for the dates showing in Sept.

Yeah, when I started seeing articles pop up all over I felt bad for all the people who would rush over to the website thinking they could finally book only to discover nothing had changed. No one meant anything bad, I'm sure, but it is unfortunate. I'm sure it'll settle down now and you can go back to just watching this thread for notice of changes. :)

Yeah, when I started seeing articles pop up all over I felt bad for all the people who would rush over to the website thinking they could finally book only to discover nothing had changed. No one meant anything bad, I'm sure, but it is unfortunate. I'm sure it'll settle down now and you can go back to just watching this thread for notice of changes. :)

But a few people said they could book. That's what has me confused the most. o_O

But a few people said they could book. That's what has me confused the most. o_O

They were able to book a few weeks ago, but after Disney announced the early opening of Galaxy's Edge, they seem to have put a freeze on new EMM bookings (in September). Hopefully they open those back up soon rather than cancel them. I'm encouraged by the fact that new blue dates are continuing to appear, even if they aren't bookable yet.

They were able to book a few weeks ago, but after Disney announced the early opening of Galaxy's Edge, they seem to have put a freeze on new EMM bookings (in September). Hopefully they open those back up soon rather than cancel them. I'm encouraged by the fact that new blue dates are continuing to appear, even if they aren't bookable yet.

I doubt they will cancel them since they just officially announced them. Again adds to the confusion : )

I doubt they will cancel them since they just officially announced them. Again adds to the confusion : )

From post #3 on the first page of this thread: NOTE: Sunday 10/14/2018, Sunday 10/21/2018, Sunday 10/28/2018, Sunday 11/11/2018, and Sunday 11/25/2018 were originally released as bookable EMM dates. In late July 2018, Disney cancelled EMM for those dates and contacted guests who had booked to offer a refund or change dates. The reasons EMM was cancelled on those dates are unknown. At the time we suspected it would be due to changing park hours to 8am, but that never came to fruition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter