MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

From post #3 on the first page of this thread: NOTE: Sunday 10/14/2018, Sunday 10/21/2018, Sunday 10/28/2018, Sunday 11/11/2018, and Sunday 11/25/2018 were originally released as bookable EMM dates. In late July 2018, Disney cancelled EMM for those dates and contacted guests who had booked to offer a refund or change dates. The reasons EMM was cancelled on those dates are unknown. At the time we suspected it would be due to changing park hours to 8am, but that never came to fruition.

Yeah I'm aware of that but I was referring to the press release from just a few days ago.

https://chipandco.com/august-and-september-disney-early-morning-magic-dates-announced-346688/

Seems odd to officially announce them just to pull them away. Not sure if they were announced in 2018 or just "appeared".

Yeah I'm aware of that but I was referring to the press release from just a few days ago.

https://chipandco.com/august-and-september-disney-early-morning-magic-dates-announced-346688/

Seems odd to officially announce them just to pull them away. Not sure if they were announced in 2018 or just "appeared".

My question is, were they really "announced" this time? I certainly never saw anything on the Parks blog about it or anything like that (not that every "announcement" happens there) and they typically don't "announce" the addition of dates when it's not something new but is rather just an ongoing event (like dessert parties). On top of that, these dates were first opened up near the beginning of the month. On March 4, user Mrspeaks informed us on this thread that they were able to book September 3. In fact, on February 26, our moderator even posted that he could see 9/1 and 9/3 as bookable dates. So I guess I just find it a little suspect that some of these websites are suddenly posting articles about Disney making some sort of announcement about dates that have been available for a few weeks now.

The only reason I'm harping on it is that there are people in this thread and the DHS EMM thread who are anxiously hoping for this event to become bookable again and seeing these articles as some sort of sign but it all feels a bit like one site "discovered" these new dates and made some big post because they know people are looking at August/September right now because of Galaxy's Edge, so to get their clicks they're just looking for any morsel of "news" they can post, except this isn't NEWS at all. Call me cynical.

TL: DR - I suspect one website/blog posted an article after noticing that EMM dates were appearing in blue, and then a few other blogs wrote their own articles using the first website as their source and no one actually had any kind of press release or announcement directly from Disney. Just my analysis, I could be way off base.

My question is, were they really "announced" this time? I certainly never saw anything on the Parks blog about it or anything like that (not that every "announcement" happens there) and they typically don't "announce" the addition of dates when it's not something new but is rather just an ongoing event (like dessert parties). On top of that, these dates were first opened up near the beginning of the month. On March 4, user Mrspeaks informed us on this thread that they were able to book September 3. In fact, on February 26, our moderator even posted that he could see 9/1 and 9/3 as bookable dates. So I guess I just find it a little suspect that some of these websites are suddenly posting articles about Disney making some sort of announcement about dates that have been available for a few weeks now.

The only reason I'm harping on it is that there are people in this thread and the DHS EMM thread who are anxiously hoping for this event to become bookable again and seeing these articles as some sort of sign but it all feels a bit like one site "discovered" these new dates and made some big post because they know people are looking at August/September right now because of Galaxy's Edge, so to get their clicks they're just looking for any morsel of "news" they can post, except this isn't NEWS at all. Call me cynical.

TL: DR - I suspect one website/blog posted an article after noticing that EMM dates were appearing in blue, and then a few other blogs wrote their own articles using the first website as their source and no one actually had any kind of press release or announcement directly from Disney. Just my analysis, I could be way off base.

Yeah I agree with your suspicion about the announced dates.

Yes, I saw it go blue and booked 9/3 on my 180 day mark. It still shows in my plans. I’m so mad at SWGE! My low crowd, free dining trip is changing from what I hoped. I had planned to do both EMMs. I’ve given up on HS EMM. I hope this one sticks. I still see these September dates blue, but not bookable for even 1 person.

Yes, I saw it go blue and booked 9/3 on my 180 day mark. It still shows in my plans. I’m so mad at SWGE! My low crowd, free dining trip is changing from what I hoped. I had planned to do both EMMs. I’ve given up on HS EMM. I hope this one sticks. I still see these September dates blue, but not bookable for even 1 person.
Same. I’m booked for 9/3 at MK also but still super annoyed with SWGE opening so early. We booked because that week is supposed to be low crowds, and we have no desire to do a level 7-10 crowd with 3 kids under 7.

Was anyone ever able to book 9/8 or 9/10? I see a lot of people saying they managed to get 9/3 before Disney put the "no tables available" message up, but not sure if those dates ever worked.

I would put money on this is exactly what happened because it happens often. Bloggers trying to be "the first" to announce something and they all just copy off of one another, so it ends up looking "official" when it never was. In this case, as soon as those dates turned blue, bloggers would be all over that.

Regardless, hopefully there is clarification soon. I have 9/1 booked right now and just waiting to see if it gets cancelled or not.

I’m curious on thoughts doing this with young kids. It will be me,DH,DD(4) and DS(2).

I like the idea of walk ons and a peaceful fantasyland. I’m a little concerned we won’t optimize our time well though trying to get the little kids moving quickly through lines and walking between attractions. Or I’m worried someone will have an off morning. Also we will have to switch off riding mine train with our 4yr old. We will have 2strollers.

It would cost our family $241 for the event.

I am tempted because we could actually take advantage of the morning time. Evening events and extra hours don’t work for the little kids. Also we take a mid day resort nap break. This would let us get a lot done.

We are going to MK twice on our trip in the beginning of May. I do already have FPS for mine train(x2),PP, Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Buzz. (I would switch some of these if we do EMM)

Thoughts or opinions?
We did EMM as HS and ds4 had a complete meltdown after 2 rides on TSM. Wouldn't see characters or anything else. When we went to get breakfast he refused to eat. So yes it can happen. I would make sure that you aren't over doing it the day before EMM and go to bed early

We did EMM as HS and ds4 had a complete meltdown after 2 rides on TSM. Wouldn't see characters or anything else. When we went to get breakfast he refused to eat. So yes it can happen. I would make sure that you aren't over doing it the day before EMM and go to bed early

I mean that's always always a risk with littles at Disney! Between that risk and them getting sick days before we walk out the door(or while there!) Im very anxious around trip time! But it doesn't stop us from booking the EMMs, desert Parties, or special events like MVMCP. With kids that age you just have to cross your fingers and hope for the best.

But for us the EMMs really give us better control of the day once we get them out the door. We can be out of a park by noon and back to the room to rest of we do an EMM. With the new "its never a quiet day at Disney" we book them any time we can.

Does the Mine Train run if it is raining? Just rain, not thunder or lighting but just raining?

The ongoing Sept 2019 EMM mystery.

In the current +10 window:

Tuesday 9/24 is blue but un-bookable.

Sunday 9/29 is grey

Tuesday 10/1 is grey

One other thing I'm keeping my eye on is the WDW park calendar in places like this: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/calendars/month/2019-09-01/

Another place I look at occasionally is the hours on this page: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/destinations/magic-kingdom/

Here and other places, you'll often see Early Morning Magic-Fantasyland or Ticketed Event noted. So far, no Sept blue dates are noted as having it on any park calendar. That's not always a conclusive source as park calendars can get loaded late, but it's something I'm watching.

I guess we'll figure this out eventually!

FWIW, after making another inquiry regarding September MK EMM, I received a call back from Disney yesterday. The CM said they "reached out to our friends at the Magic Kingdom", and while they couldn't give a reason why EMM isn't currently bookable for September, they said that since we'd successfully booked, we were 'fine' for September. I really appreciate the call, but am not sure that I believe it. However, I thought it was worth passing on.
Due to this and other factors, we're actually thinking of cancelling our September trip altogether. The back-and-forth is getting to be stressful :eek:.

Still too soon to call but they are giving a 40% chance of thunderstorms for the morning of April 2nd. If that continues to hold up, I may cancel our tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter