I need some advice from all of you experts! I'm toying with the idea of adding a HEA dessert party either on August 21 (EMH night until 11pm) or August 26 (open until 10 pm). Those are the only 2 nights I have available to watch the fireworks. Any opinions if one night would be better than the other to do the dessert party (and before or after)?? I keep flip flopping between the two and it's making me crazy. The 26th is our second last day (the 27th is MNSSHP) but it's getting close to SWGE opening day so I don't know if the crowds could potentially be nuts on that night for HEA (which may make the dessert party a good idea)? Or will the EMH night on the 21st be even more crowded? We were hoping to take advantage of doing some rides after fireworks until 11 pm but I've never been to an evening EMH before so perhaps this would be a zoo anyways. Argh....any opinions?

I reserved the terrace view party. How early can you check in? My ADr says 815 but should we arrive earlier? Is check in off Main Street? Its our first dessert party and Im looking forward to it.

I’m struggling to decide which party for late May. Three pre-retirement adults, the eldest turns 65 that day, no kids, no EMH that night, HEA at 9:15, park closing at 10, OUAT schedule not posted yet, first time visit for another of the party. Lunch scheduled at Skippers for 12:45, no dinner reservations with the expectation of counter service when we’re hungry. It will be the third day of our vacation, with DHS and Fantasmic planned the day before.

The problem is I’m short, 5’5”. When we went to MNSSHP a couple of years ago, we had plenty of space in the left garden area, but for some reason they allowed people to stand on the walkway in front of the railing, and it was really difficult to see the show. (Don’t remind me of the family with balloons floating several feet up.)

We’re torn between the Terrace and the Garden View. On the one hand, because we’re a party of three, I worry about not getting a good table at the Terrace view. On the other hand, unless we got to the Garden View early, it wouldn’t matter because of people standing in front. And if we do the after show, that would mean missing OUAT anyway. (Is it always after the fireworks?)

Opinions?

We are booked for May (Friday before Mother's day), but I'm debating whether to cancel. I eat gluten free and my kids are not big eaters. However, my daughter cannot sit still and does not do well in very crowded spaces. The crowd prediction for that day is a 4, so not too bad. Would we be able to find a decent spot if we show up 20-30 minutes earlier? Or should I just keep the reservation?

I'm booked for that day as well (Plaza viewing area). I've done the dessert party twice (once for Wishes and once for HEA). Since doing it the first time I got spoiled so now I do it every trip. I love the garden area in front of Plaza. There's always plenty of room and you aren't standing shoulder to shoulder with people. I don't handle those types of situations well so it's worth the cost for me. Even with a moderate crowd viewing for HEA especially close the castle fills up and it gets pretty packed. Plaza at least you have room to breathe and I never seen anyone hold a kid up on their shoulders and block the view of people behind them however I see that a lot on the Main Street area. Something I always take into consideration as well is being the unlucky one stuck behind someone with a kid on their shoulders.

I reserved the terrace view party. How early can you check in? My ADr says 815 but should we arrive earlier? Is check in off Main Street? Its our first dessert party and Im looking forward to it.

My ADR had us checking in at 7:15 for an 8pm show, but we arrived at 6:50 and were seated right away. There were several parties already there, so you can probably get there even earlier than that. Seating is first come first served, so it's best to arrive early.

You check in right at Tomorrowland Terrace. From main street, turn right after you pass The Plaza, and you'll see it. There are signs and cast members waiting right out front.

Another question: Are reservations refundable if you change your mind? If so, what's the deadline?

Never mind: It told me all the way on the confirmation page, 5 day cancellation policy.

I need some advice from all of you experts! I'm toying with the idea of adding a HEA dessert party either on August 21 (EMH night until 11pm) or August 26 (open until 10 pm). Those are the only 2 nights I have available to watch the fireworks. Any opinions if one night would be better than the other to do the dessert party (and before or after)?? I keep flip flopping between the two and it's making me crazy. The 26th is our second last day (the 27th is MNSSHP) but it's getting close to SWGE opening day so I don't know if the crowds could potentially be nuts on that night for HEA (which may make the dessert party a good idea)? Or will the EMH night on the 21st be even more crowded? We were hoping to take advantage of doing some rides after fireworks until 11 pm but I've never been to an evening EMH before so perhaps this would be a zoo anyways. Argh....any opinions?

I’d do the before party the night of EMH. If they extend EMH hours, switch to the after party which would give you time to enjoy the food, let crowds die down and then participate in EMH.

We did the party one night when EMH went to 1am. (I think, maybe it was just midnight.) It was great to be able to fuel up and rest before we kept our kids up all night!

I'm making a reservation for a dessert party on 9/11 when there are EMH and the park is open until 12am. Showtime is 9:15. I'm leaning towards an 'after' party as we can enjoy the park a little longer before checking in and going right into the viewing area and grabbing a spot. Then, enjoy desserts while the crowds disperse a bit. OR do a 'before' party so that we can jump right into enjoying attractions after the fireworks? We've never done a dessert party and haven't been to the parks since 2016. AND add in the unknown SWGE crowds. Advice? Thank you!

This thread has been SUPER helpful!! But I have a few questions I hope someone has an opinion on. We are doing Disney's MK After hours on 4/3 (not regular park tickets) and I also purchased the Dessert Party Plaza Garden view for the same night. It has us checking in at 7:45pm fireworks are 9:15pm. Do you think we would be able to arrive a bit early like 7:15pm to grab a bite to eat then head back into the park to ride a ride or 2 and then come back to the dessert party 8:45 to view the fireworks? We want to maximize our time since we have the MK that day from 7pm-1am. (only day visiting MK)

This thread has been SUPER helpful!! But I have a few questions I hope someone has an opinion on. We are doing Disney's MK After hours on 4/3 (not regular park tickets) and I also purchased the Dessert Party Plaza Garden view for the same night. It has us checking in at 7:45pm fireworks are 9:15pm. Do you think we would be able to arrive a bit early like 7:15pm to grab a bite to eat then head back into the park to ride a ride or 2 and then come back to the dessert party 8:45 to view the fireworks? We want to maximize our time since we have the MK that day from 7pm-1am. (only day visiting MK)

Unless the practice has changed since we went last year, they do not start early. As far as coming and going, I'm not sure. But DH and I had to wait until about 7:40 pm to get in last time.

I've done the dessert party many times and have never known them to start early. You can show up later though and grab a few things to go and eat in the garden area. Keep in mind though, the later you show up in the viewing area, the more people will be there, so if you want your choice of where to view from, the earlier you arrive, the better.

I've done the dessert party many times and have never known them to start early. You can show up later though and grab a few things to go and eat in the garden area. Keep in mind though, the later you show up in the viewing area, the more people will be there, so if you want your choice of where to view from, the earlier you arrive, the better.
Thank you for the info!! It really helps.

This may have been asked here already but I’m a newbie and a bit overwhelmed so I’m hoping someone may be able to help.
We want to book the terraced seating party for our trip (two of us). Our arrival date is 8 November so should I start looking from 6 months prior (8 May)
)? And at what time? We are in the UK. Is this the same as ADRs?

Also, since we will be there during the Christmas parties, are we best off booking the dessert party on a non-Xmas party night? We are planning to do a Xmas party night too but presumably it’s a better use of time to have them separate?
Thanks in advance!

This may have been asked here already but I’m a newbie and a bit overwhelmed so I’m hoping someone may be able to help.
We want to book the terraced seating party for our trip (two of us). Our arrival date is 8 November so should I start looking from 6 months prior (8 May)
)? And at what time? We are in the UK. Is this the same as ADRs?

Also, since we will be there during the Christmas parties, are we best off booking the dessert party on a non-Xmas party night? We are planning to do a Xmas party night too but presumably it’s a better use of time to have them separate?
Thanks in advance!
Definitely book the party on a non-Christmas party night. It is fairly easy to get a good spot for the fireworks during MVMCP. And because there are limited nights to see Happily Ever After during party season, you will appreciate having a reserved seat in the middle of the masses that will flock to MK on non-party nights!

Definitely book the party on a non-Christmas party night. It is fairly easy to get a good spot for the fireworks during MVMCP. And because there are limited nights to see Happily Ever After during party season, you will appreciate having a reserved seat in the middle of the masses that will flock to MK on non-party nights!

Thank you! :)

We've done a few before plaza garden parties with a 7:30 check-in time for 9:00 HEA. People started lining up around 7, or earlier, at the Tomorrowland Terrace, and each time they've started checking people in around 7:15. Once you've checked in and received your wristband, you're free to come and go as you please. At our most recent dessert party in December, it was quite cold that evening, and the dessert area is open and not heated. We checked in early, had some desserts, and then went to the Emporium, mostly to get warm for a while. Then we went to view viewing area just before 9. You could as easily go and do some rides with no problem. We never saw any point in getting to the viewing area really early, since we aren't fussy about where we stand, and there's always room to find a spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!