We just went ahead and booked the After Fireworks party for 11/3. Can't wait for a great view of HEA and the fun desserts! I'm not quite sure yet what we'll do about dinner. We have a Skipper Canteen reservation right now. I don't know if we'll keep it and just get appetizers or if we'll cancel and get a quick service snack instead. Presumably we won't be eating at the dessert party until at least 9:30, so I think we'll need to eat something light ahead of time.

We're considering doing one of the the Plaza Garden viewing dessert parties on Sunday 11/4, but I need a little advice first.

1. We'd like to see OUAT too, but I don't know yet if it will be before or after HEA that night. If we wait a week or so for that park hours update, is there still likely to be availability? (I know no one can say for sure. Even if we end up waiting and missing both, we'll still have a great trip.) If it helps, Touring Plans thinks that will be a level 4 day and it's during the gap between the 2 holiday parties so MK will be open for HEA every night between Sat. and Wed.

2. If OUAT ends up being after HEA, is one party better than the other? I know we can go to the before party and stay in the garden for it. But if we do the after party and wait in the garden until OUAT ends, will there still be enough time to go in and eat?

3. Same question as #2, but this time in reverse if OUAT is first. Would we have enough time to eat at the earlier party and still get to the garden in time for OUAT?

4. If the park closes at 9 as currently planned, we're likely to do the After Party since that's essentially bonus time after park close. If the hours are extended from 9 until 10 and we want to watch both HEA and OUAT, I assume that eats up most of the last hour? In other words, am I correct in thinking that we wouldn't have time to do any rides between 9 and 10 if we want to watch both shows, regardless of whether we're at the dessert party or not?

Thanks!

Usually the OUAT is half an hour after fireworks. When my dad and I did the After party. When we checked in they said we could watch both shows first or come in after fireworks. We did the latter and still had plenty of time to watch OUAT after gorging on dessert.

Usually the OUAT is half an hour after fireworks. When my dad and I did the After party. When we checked in they said we could watch both shows first or come in after fireworks. We did the latter and still had plenty of time to watch OUAT after gorging on dessert.

That's great to hear. Thanks!

We're considering doing one of the the Plaza Garden viewing dessert parties on Sunday 11/4, but I need a little advice first.

1. We'd like to see OUAT too, but I don't know yet if it will be before or after HEA that night. If we wait a week or so for that park hours update, is there still likely to be availability? (I know no one can say for sure. Even if we end up waiting and missing both, we'll still have a great trip.) If it helps, Touring Plans thinks that will be a level 4 day and it's during the gap between the 2 holiday parties so MK will be open for HEA every night between Sat. and Wed.

2. If OUAT ends up being after HEA, is one party better than the other? I know we can go to the before party and stay in the garden for it. But if we do the after party and wait in the garden until OUAT ends, will there still be enough time to go in and eat?

3. Same question as #2, but this time in reverse if OUAT is first. Would we have enough time to eat at the earlier party and still get to the garden in time for OUAT?

4. If the park closes at 9 as currently planned, we're likely to do the After Party since that's essentially bonus time after park close. If the hours are extended from 9 until 10 and we want to watch both HEA and OUAT, I assume that eats up most of the last hour? In other words, am I correct in thinking that we wouldn't have time to do any rides between 9 and 10 if we want to watch both shows, regardless of whether we're at the dessert party or not?

Thanks!

I suspect OUAT will end up being 9:45pm on your night.

So, HEA will end approx 9:18pm. If you're doing the After Party, that's a doable but relatively short window to head over, get seated, eat, then head back out. If you're not planning on going to desserts until after OUAT, it's about a 15 min show so you'd be going over to the desserts around 10pm. I have not personally been at the After Party that late - and while I don't think they really kick people out, that's kind of getting late.

Sorry if I'm mis-reading your question!

I would say the chances of a sell out for the Before or After Party are low'ish as you're in that week between MNNSHP and MVMCP so people have options for which night to go to MK/HEA (unlike a normal party week when supply/demand is strained).

Hope that helps!

Does anyone know if you can see OUAT from the part of the Terrace where the After Party is held? If not, do you think we could go to the buffet after HEA, step out for a few minutes to see OUAT, and then come back inside if we want to make a second trip to the buffet? I don't want to be rude or keep the CMs there later than they should be, but it sounds like even if we did that it would only be about 40-ish minutes after HEA ends when we made our last trip to the buffet. How long after HEA ends does the dessert party tend to go?

Does anyone know if you can see OUAT from the part of the Terrace where the After Party is held?

"Not really" would be my answer. There are some tables towards the outer wall that have some sporadic views of the castle, but there are some larger trees and such between there and the castle so it's not a particularly good view. Audio is also not the best as you only get what carries over from the Hub, it's not playing in the Terrace. I guess passable in a pinch, but you're talking several notches below ideal. And that assumes you get one of the few tables closer to the outside wall.

When I want to watch OUAT, we have booked the Before party and just camped out in the garden post fireworks... let the crowds die down... enjoy OUAT... then head out.

I'm sorry, I don't know how long they keep desserts out at the After Party.

Does anyone know if you can see OUAT from the part of the Terrace where the After Party is held? If not, do you think we could go to the buffet after HEA, step out for a few minutes to see OUAT, and then come back inside if we want to make a second trip to the buffet? I don't want to be rude or keep the CMs there later than they should be, but it sounds like even if we did that it would only be about 40-ish minutes after HEA ends when we made our last trip to the buffet. How long after HEA ends does the dessert party tend to go?
My 5 year old went over to the rail to watch OUAT during the after party. A mom and her two kids who had a table on the rail invited her to come kneel on the extra chair at their table to see better. It wasn’t an amazing view but it was fine and she could hear enough of the sound from the Hub.

For the MK fireworks dessert parties during the week between Christmas and New Years, are those for Holiday Wishes as opposed to HEA? I've not been during Christmastime before and my understanding is that during that week the parade and fireworks normally seen at the MVMCP are done during regular park hours.

Thanks in advance!

For the MK fireworks dessert parties during the week between Christmas and New Years, are those for Holiday Wishes as opposed to HEA? I've not been during Christmastime before and my understanding is that during that week the parade and fireworks normally seen at the MVMCP are done during regular park hours.

Thanks in advance!

I don’t believe this is officially on the calendar yet, but the calendar implies they’ll be showing the Christmas show (Minnie’s Wonderfull Christmastime Fireworks) from 12/23-12/29.

For some recent context, in 2017 (the first holiday with HEA) they kept HEA running through those dates, but last year moved back to showing the holiday fireworks during that week.

I'm trying to book a plaza garden viewing of the MK dessert party for Jan. 14, 15 or 16, and am not able to see any availability. Can it be that they are not taking reservations this far in advance for HEA dessert parties? My main reason for going to WDW at this time is to catch an earlier viewing of the fireworks.

I'm trying to book a plaza garden viewing of the MK dessert party for Jan. 14, 15 or 16, and am not able to see any availability. Can it be that they are not taking reservations this far in advance for HEA dessert parties? My main reason for going to WDW at this time is to catch an earlier viewing of the fireworks.

I'm booked for the 29th of Jan so I know they did the availability for the end of the month.

I think it's sold out. I am stalking for Feb 21st. Later dates are available.

I just got back from a trip and did the terrace fireworks. It was me, my ex and two kids. For me it was absolutely worth it. If I were going again alone I'd do it again. I had a great view, avoided a quick rainstorm and had a seat. I love the fireworks shows and I could see the castle projections plus the fireworks. It was SO nice having a seat to sit back and relax and we sat around for a bit after to avoid the crazy crowds. We did walk out during OUAT and it was normal crowded. I really enjoyed it.

I checked again today and see no availability for my dates (Jan. 14-17). Other than camp out on a curb somewhere or book the pricey CRT package, I'm at a loss! I want to be able to see the projections well!

I don't think you should have a problem getting a good place to watch HEA outside of the dessert party. There are no seasonal events going on, like MNSSHP or MVMCP, which limit HEA to only three times a week for guests who don't do those events, so it will be offered seven nights a week for everyone. Also, January is a (relatively speaking) lower attendance time of year. I was at WDW with my daughter in mid- January a couple years ago. We walked into MK at 8:50 for the 9 PM HEA and were able to make our way up Main Street to the corner by Casey's with no problem. There were a lot of people, but it wasn't jammed up shoulder to shoulder, and there was personal space enough for us to just walk around and between people to get to a spot we wanted. I don't recommend getting there that late, but we were held up by transportation issues. I would think half an hour or so would get you a decent spot at that time of year.

I checked again today and see no availability for my dates (Jan. 14-17). Other than camp out on a curb somewhere or book the pricey CRT package, I'm at a loss! I want to be able to see the projections well!

I've seen some discussion on another site about how the EMM dates they recently released and the dessert parties (for Jan and Feb, IIRC) were available to book for a while and then started showing as sold out. I have no idea if it's true, but speculation was that they weren't really sold out and that something else was going on. Is there any chance crowd levels have changed enough at Disney over the last week or two that they're reevaluating their plan for what to do after RotR opens? Or maybe they really are sold out...I don't know what to think.

I don't think you should have a problem getting a good place to watch HEA outside of the dessert party. There are no seasonal events going on, like MNSSHP or MVMCP, which limit HEA to only three times a week for guests who don't do those events, so it will be offered seven nights a week for everyone. Also, January is a (relatively speaking) lower attendance time of year. I was at WDW with my daughter in mid- January a couple years ago. We walked into MK at 8:50 for the 9 PM HEA and were able to make our way up Main Street to the corner by Casey's with no problem. There were a lot of people, but it wasn't jammed up shoulder to shoulder, and there was personal space enough for us to just walk around and between people to get to a spot we wanted. I don't recommend getting there that late, but we were held up by transportation issues. I would think half an hour or so would get you a decent spot at that time of year.
Thanks for your comments. Maybe I can "wing" it....however, I am realistic when it comes to crowd levels. I'll camp out earlier than a half hour, just to be safe!!

I take your point. Earlier is usually better. I just wanted to note that, from my experience that time of year, it isn't necessary to camp out for hours, and the crowd isn't jammed together like sardines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter